Heavy rain and thunderstorms threaten 50 provinces, Bangkok braces for downpour

webfact

image.jpeg

The Thai Meteorological Department warned of thunderstorms and strong winds in 50 provinces, including Bangkok, as weather conditions change due to low-pressure systems. From May 27-30, rainfall is expected to increase, and it could be heavy in some areas. Boats have been advised to exercise caution and avoid areas with thunderstorms.

Today, the weather forecast for the next 24 hours is influenced by the southwesterly winds covering the Andaman Sea, Thailand, and the Gulf of Thailand, along with a low-pressure area covering northern Vietnam and the Tonkin Gulf. These conditions could cause thunderstorms and strong winds in some areas of Thailand, especially in the northern, northeastern, and eastern regions. However, warm weather is expected during the daytime.

Citizens are advised to be cautious of the dangers posed by thunderstorms and strong winds, as well as to take care of their health due to changing weather conditions.

In the Andaman Sea, waves are expected to be 1-2 metres high, while the Gulf of Thailand is expected to have waves of 1-2 metres as well. Those sailing in affected areas should exercise caution, while it is recommended to avoid sailing in areas with thunderstorms.

by Samantha Rose

Full srory: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/heavy-rain-and-storms-threaten-50-provinces-bangkok-braces-for-downpour-2

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

I know how to make it rain............I set up the sofa, coffee table and TV on the patio.

Press the remote for the TV .......and it starts to rain

Happened every night for the last five nights.

Sounds a nice setup. 

• Like 1

Isn't the wet season meant to start this week? That's what they said. Now it's

3 hours ago, webfact said:

From May 27-30, rainfall is expected to increase

Of course they said rainy season will start mid-May. That didn't happen. Then it was Monday this week. That didn't happen. Then it was this week. Hasn't happened so far and now it's rain for four days. The wet season is building though and it's gotta rain soon. A few days would be welcome relief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Me too, the garden needs it.

But only at night please, we have UK family over and they like sunshine ???? 

Not surprising, they are somewhat deprived of that phenomenon back home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I know how to make it rain............I set up the sofa, coffee table and TV on the patio.

Press the remote for the TV .......and it starts to rain

Happened every night for the last five nights.

And to be really sure wash the car. 555

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, PR3 said:

Car washing for me also, if that doesn't work I find sweeping the leaves up in the garden from the neighbours trees often brings rain accompanied by strong winds to mess it up again. :saai:

You need to take a deep breath and leave it go.

You'll turn into a Victor Meldrew othetwise

• Haha 1

In western Bangkok suburbs, I've seen forecasts for rain since last Sunday. Then, every day or so they move the forecast  for rain down a day or two. Still waiting. And no damn rain at all.

It's supposed to be an El Niño year, which - if it turns out thus - will mean a light monsoon. Whence the predictions from the meteorology people of not much rain in June & July.