Trump says he's been indicted in classified docs probe

Scott

18 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

The headline is somewhat misleading.  It sounds more like multiple counts of making false statements and conspiracy.  I have held two US Government Security clearances(DOD and DOS) rarely I have seen anyone prosecuted for mishandling or not properly storing classified materials.  Most lose their security clearances.  The key distinction would be if Donald Trump had actually provided access to classified documents to a non cleared person.  Of course the full indictment has not been released so the extent of the seven counts is not known.

For context retired Army General David Patraeus plead guilty to one count of providing classified information to his then mistress Paula Broadwell.  Patraeus plead to a misdemeanor and paid a fine.  So in US Government versus Donald Trump I hope the making false statements and conspiracy cases are strong because the improperly handling classified materials is not as big deal as many would hope for in criminal court.  The only caveat is if Donald Trump had given access to classified information to any foreign national? This has not been indicated as of yet.  

I have never voted for Donald Trump and I have never owned a “MAGA” hat or shirt.  I just experience in accessing, handling and storing classified information in accordance with NISPOM(National Information Security Program Operating Manual).  

We’ll all get to know on Tuesday.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Who says that the other Republicans now running for the presidential nominee must defend Trump.  Where do you come up with this comment.  In the past many would throw the other candidates under the bus, and then continue with more and more comments to disenfranchise that opponent.  It is called mudslinging and by throwing Trump under the bus and then placing him in the also ran column they distance themselves from him and show how they are a better candidate.  It works on both sides, or should I say on all sides of political parties.

Fair point but if they see him as a goner i.e.  see the writing on the wall that he is finally untenable as a nominee, they can show full support for him, complain about the weaponisation of Biden's Justice Department,  hint that if they win they will pardon him, thereby gathering the support of his base.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Fair point but if they see him as a goner i.e.  see the writing on the wall that he is finally untenable as a nominee, they can show full support for him, complain about the weaponisation of Biden's Justice Department,  hint that if they win they will pardon him, thereby gathering the support of his base.

That would be akin to slowly putting the knife in his back and twisting it thereby eviscerating him and relegating him to the sidelines forever.  I would venture that if that were to happen, then whomever was elected and then pardoned him would ensure that Trumps lips were permanently sewed closed. Thats my take on it, and one way to ensure Trump is truly placed out of the limelight and unable to divide people ever again.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Who says that the other Republicans now running for the presidential nominee must defend Trump.  Where do you come up with this comment.  In the past many would throw the other candidates under the bus, and then continue with more and more comments to disenfranchise that opponent.  It is called mudslinging and by throwing Trump under the bus and then placing him in the also ran column they distance themselves from him and show how they are a better candidate.  It works on both sides, or should I say on all sides of political parties.

They will not nessarily defend him, but they will cautiously play the witch hunt card in order to remain GOP compliant.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Who says that the other Republicans now running for the presidential nominee must defend Trump.  

But every last one is defending Trump. They need his base of morons.

They need to promise they'll pardon him without even knowing the facts.

Once again, they have to kiss his A* while he does whatever he wants.  Sweet!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That would be akin to slowly putting the knife in his back and twisting it thereby eviscerating him and relegating him to the sidelines forever.  I would venture that if that were to happen, then whomever was elected and then pardoned him would ensure that Trumps lips were permanently sewed closed. Thats my take on it, and one way to ensure Trump is truly placed out of the limelight and unable to divide people ever again.

I also guess that, if DeSantis or Pence are elected, they will surely enjoy the sight on Trump imploring them for a pardon! ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

A reported post has been removed.

15. You will not discriminate or post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, medical history, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant factor.

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Well you know what this means for khun Trump......fundraising time!!

Yep, sure does, so time to round up more buffoons to believe in Humpty Trumpty and his pleas of innocence – – yeah right!

Time to nail the grifter!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Dark day for who? Not for justice as it is being served correctly after a thorough investigation and a grand jury review with the recommendation to indict.  Tel us please how that is a miscarriage of justice and a dark day.  Dark day for trump as the clouds are darkening over him and his supporters.  Time to realize just who you have been played by.

Yes a dark day for America, but the Dems. can't see this. As it must be all the smoke coming down from Canada getting in their eyes.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2