Foreign Man Allegedly Damages Salon in Pattaya

webfact

4 hours ago, VinnieK said:

We have become the laughing stock of Thais.

Too many crazy foreigners coming to Thailand these days.

We've always had the odd crazy foreigner making headlines, sadly these days we are seeing daily articles. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Too many crazy foreigners coming to Thailand these days.

We've always had the odd crazy foreigner making headlines, sadly these days we are seeing daily articles. 

Or it's just being reported more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

A 10k a month rental shop and maybe 50-100k of furniture for a nail salon?

Not really worth losing it over.

yes but he paid 500,000baht because she told him that's how much, a fool and his money are easily parted

• Haha 2

The stupid farang gave his gf the money to buy it and register the salon in HIS name. Why else would he think that it was HIS salon? 

She took the money, bought the salon in HER name, the shabby hut didn't bring enough money - and she sold it to the new owner. 

Another day, another idiot buying property for a Thai woman in her name. If it's in her name, it's a gift. It's not an investment, it's not yours, it will never be yours, and you will never see money back from it. Simple solution: don't buy her <deleted>. Now get back in your lane.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Shortly after opening the venue the foreign man came to her salon and tried to destroy it. He claimed the salon belonged to him, but according to Nijada this is incorrect.

I can believe this. I took my first Thai wife to the UK, took out a £10,000 loan in my name to help her buy a business - I then divorced her.  I found out she had borrowed £3,000 from someone and at the same time said that they could have the business - that I was responsible for - if she did not pay it back in 2 weeks  which she did not.

• Sad 1

Described as a "Foreign man" throughout the post!

(a) Can't be British, then?

(b) "The names of the foreign man and his girlfriend were not released by Pattaya police, noting an ongoing investigation."

Speechless!

• Confused 1

Evolution.
Normally they'd have numerous pictures of the foreigner and not only note his nationality but post "face page" photos of his passport and include his full mailing address in the article.

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did it say that the salon was rented, not owned?...

"...she became the new owner..."

"...his girlfriend who is the previous salon owner..."

"...the salon was legally sold and transferred..."

It's just a "wording" thing. Back home, normally when you buy a business you get the land it sits on as well. 

In places like Soi Buakhao and Walking Street for example, you can buy the business/structure but rarely the land. (Too expensive.)

This is likely a case where someone has rented land from a Thai owner and put a "salon" on it. That person "owns" "Fon's Nail Salon" and sells it to (foreign guy's teerak) who changes it to "Nan's Nail Salon" (or whatever).
Maybe she realizes the rent (for the land the business is sitting on) is too high and income too low and "sells" it to someone else and takes off.

Foreign guy hasn't seen teerak for a couple of days, shows up at her business to find it under new ownership. Realises he's been conned and throws a fit.

In Pattaya, we call that "Tuesday". (As in, just another day in paradise.)

I was chatting with friends one time about some "businesses" across the street from us. Little single floor, narrow, ramshackle shops on a patch of barren ground. Hair and massage and clothing shops mostly.

Apprently, before the covid crisis, those little places were paying 25,000 a month each in "rent" to whoever owned that land. (I think the rent was dropped during the crisis when a lot of places had to close.)

That gives you an indication of what it costs to do business there, not including the other "costs" which can be pretty steep as well.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1