In reality, Thailand is not the LGBTQ+ paradise like it pretends to be

webfact

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think it will always be needed. You can change laws but you can't force people to not be homophobic.

That surely should not be desired, forcing people to behave or think particular ways. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

The way that schools are systematically indoctrinating students with gender ideologies.

Teachers are also not allowed to inform parents of their child's preferred gender creating distance and trust issues between parent and child.

Parents who don't affirm their child's gender with medical treatment can be arrested and lose their child..

Nobody is allowed to speak out against this. That freedom of speech has been taken away. It's even illegal on some places.

Lies lies lies. Turn off the magadonian hate media!

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

The average LGBTQ person doesn't want to be celebrated for just existing (same as anyone else). It's the political class who is shoving this down peoples throats because they know it pisses people off and causes division in society (divide and conquer). 

Fight and die and battle? You get 1 day per year to be celebrated for your valor.  

Have anal sex or did you remove your penis and get breast implants? That's ONE MONTH of celebration and fortune 500 companies change their logo to rainbows to honor your courage in the face of ultimate adversity.

Whenever you see the "shove it down our throats" code, you know it's coming. 

19 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

in Thailand the law is a bit different, and you can't register as a couple, and if so you go to a lawyer as we did, but still it is not been seen as a relationship for the Thai law.. 

But would still be legally binding in a civil court, depending what is actually in your 'documents'.

In TH, except for private hospital offered from employment, everyone is already, if wanting, on the universal healthcare plan, so not like one needs you partner's health bennies.   Along with Soc Sec, the pittance that is given in TH, wouldn't be missed if you didn't even get your own.

Are there really that many rights that come with marriage, especially in TH. 

Any other rights, employment, education, whether on the books or not, are easily ignored, unless you filed a suit for discrimination, and that's worldwide.

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That surely should not be desired, forcing people to behave or think particular ways. 

That's way too broad a statement.

I would love for Russians to be forced to exit all occupied Ukrainian lands but I could give a toss what they think about it.

3 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Having an entire month dedicated to you worldwide is often a sign of oppression. ????

a sign of good marketing and a lot of money being made ... ????

For me ... special interest groups are nothing more, nothing less, than money making machines.  All about the money, donations, administration costs.

IMHO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The Thai LGBTQ civil rights movement is now working hard to bring about equality.

not a laudable goal.

equality in civil rights, yes.

equality in opportunities for education, employment, etc. yes.

equality for equality's sake, no.

LGBTQ need a fair position in society with equality of rights and opportunities, all while recognizing differences.

pretending members of one biological gender are a full equivalent of a member of another gender is detrimental.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It varies country by country. 

The stated goals of Thai LGBT activists were seen in pride parade here.

Marriage equality 

Right to change gender on IDs

Thai ID cards do not state the gender; they state the sex of the person.

You can be any gender you feel like, but your sex will always be your sex: male or female.

Legalization of prostitution 

Prostitution and the LGBTQ community?

Why is this even a thing? What percentage of the LGBTQ community are prostitutes?

Sex work is the outcome of lack of education and lack of basic social security.

You've got a huge number of people in Thailand that are not educated enough to earn more than minimum wage and they have to take care of their elderly parents and children, so they turn to prostitution as their only way to make good money.

It should not be considered "work" or legalized. It's exploitation.

Thai people need better education and social security, so people are not in a position where they end up exploited.

Better access to LGBT relevant health care

You mean, like, affirmation medicine and surgery?

I'd call this cosmetic.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Thanks 2

Just now, FruitPudding said:

You can be any gender you feel like, but your sex will always be your sex: male of female.

Why is this even a thing? What percentage of the LGBTQ community are prostitutes?

You've got a huge number of people in Thailand that are not educated enough to earn more than minimum wage and they have to take care of their elderly parents and children, so they turn to prostitution as their only way to make good money.

It should not be considered "work" or legalized. 

Thai people need better education and social security, so people are not in a position where they end up exploited.

Don't play games.

Sex/gender is the same thing on ID cards.

Just how disingenuous are you willing to go?
You're wasting people's time with such idiocy.

You know exactly what this is about.

It's about transgender people being allowed to change their government IDs.

Yes of course they should.

Sex work legalization of course is about everyone and most sex workers are cisgender straight women.

But perhaps sadly depending on your POV, yes a lot of transgender Thais are sex workers along with the usual rent boys. I doubt rent a lesbian is a big thing, but why not?

Why legalize?

You'd have to ask the Thais but I reckon a lot has to do with getting more respect as workers and getting into the social security system, etc.

I am not currently working as a prostitute in Thailand so I'm no expert on this.

Medical care covers a lot of things. LGBT people have medical needs that other groups don't. I am not an expert on if they are often treated with disrespect as they often are in the west, but if I had to guess, I would guess that's an issue here too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

You can be any gender you feel like, but your sex will always be your sex: male or female.

It should not be considered "work" or legalized. 

Good luck matching the income of a high end prostitute, even with a university degree.

If I had only known just out of HS, at 18 yrs old ????

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I hope you were not referring to my post.

As there was nothing homophobic in there whatsoever, and I believe it is against forum rules to insult other posters with unsubtantiated claims. 

There certainly was. 

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Tolerated id not the same as accepted

Define accepted. Or here's an easier question. How are gays not accepted in Thailand?

Edited by giddyup
  • Thanks 1

Just now, scottiejohn said:

I was about to make a similar comment.

I would say your comment is a correctly strong statement against the WOKE hijacking of  lots of subjects!

There's that fake woke that users can't define again. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I see.

You cannot pinpoint a single homophobic statement in there.

You've got nothing. 

The Woke brigade, no matter their persuasions, are very sensitive people and must never be upset!

They are always correct, we never are according to them!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 2