NACC investigation targets ex-House secretary over 15.4 million baht clock scandal

snoop1130

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

This case is 10 years old.  Why does it take so long for an investigation into malfeasance to be conducted. 

That's the date of the crime, not the investigation I guess. Probably someone blew the whistle as the bribe they themselves requested did not arrive or the person protecting them retired.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

This case is 10 years old.  Why does it take so long for an investigation into malfeasance to be conducted.

........ because envelopes are ordered by the thousand, and must be used-up.

2 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

With all this theft and corruption by government officers I'm surprised they have money left over to keep this country running! 

All you need do is look at the infrastructure, and you will see it is hanging by a thread. They modernised the roads for 30 kilometres near us, and they are flooding and cracking after two months. Every time it rains our power goes off. About 100 metres from my house the bridge collapsed 6 years ago, and there is still a temporary army bridge in its place. The list is endless, and all down to skimming and corruption. However, Thailand is nowhere near the top of the class when compared to other Countries, it is just more obvious here.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

All you need do is look at the infrastructure, and you will see it is hanging by a thread. They modernised the roads for 30 kilometres near us, and they are flooding and cracking after two months. Every time it rains our power goes off. About 100 metres from my house the bridge collapsed 6 years ago, and there is still a temporary army bridge in its place. The list is endless, and all down to skimming and corruption. However, Thailand is nowhere near the top of the class when compared to other Countries, it is just more obvious here.

I agree. Thai rarely maintain something that was constructed here. Bare concrete will weaken I'm the sun... Since the original... and only.. Paint has long vanished. What's left is mildewed concrete baking in the sun. They won't be standing for much longer 

• Thumbs Up 1