Go-go Bar Guards on Pattaya Walking Street Allegedly Attack Russian Man Who Refused to Pay His Bill

webfact

UPDATE:

CCTV Reveals Russian Tourist in Pattaya Got Attacked by Another Foreigner, Not Go-go Bar Guards

image.jpeg
By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — CCTV footage inside a Pattaya Walking Street go-go bar where a Russian tourist was allegedly beaten revealed he was not attacked by the guards as initially reported but rather two unidentified foreign men. The guards were attempting to control the situation.

According to a CCTV recording from inside the unidentified go-go bar located on Pattaya Walking Street, a large-built unidentified foreign man wearing a black shirt was clearly seen first initiating a punch at the Russian victim, Mr. Oleg Rusovsiannikov, 33, triggering a retaliatory strike from his friend and starting the whole fight.

The attack came after the victim group reportedly refused to pay their 1,975-baht bill. While guards and staff were discussing the bill problem with the victim, another group of foreigners got involved for unknown reasons and then attacked Oleg. CCTV shows Oleg covering his face with his hands as the foreigners attacked him, which is why he was unable to discern the exact identity of his attackers immediately, said Pattaya police.

After seeing the fight, the venue’s bouncers intervened to prevent further escalation. However, another unidentified foreign man wearing a patterned shirt suddenly jumped into the scene and delivered kicks to the injured victim, while some of the guards tried to hold him back.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/06/19/update-cctv-reveals-russian-tourist-in-pattaya-got-attacked-by-another-foreigner-not-go-go-bar-guards/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-06-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most likely he was stupid enough to order drinks he didn't know the cost of

Most likely he was swarmed by women and he didnt undersatnad all thier drinks were going on his tab.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Alex2554 said:

A Gulf War veteran was killed in a one-punch attack by a security guard in Thailand, an inquest heard.
Former Army major Mike Jones-Mathias, 55, was on a work trip and had finished dinner with colleagues when he dropped into a bar in Pattaya on his way back to his hotel on May 17, 2018. 
A shocking video played at the inquest shows the former officer flailing towards two Thai men before one leaps towards him landing the fatal blow on the side of his neck, knocking him to the ground. He died later in hospital in Wales
Security guard Phumphat Tanosingh was charged with grievous bodily harm for the punch and faced a trial in Thailand.
But he was found not guilty after claiming self-defence - claiming Mike had attempted to leave the Mandarin Agogo bar without paying his bill

Wow that couldnt have gone much further over your head, could it?

lets spell it out, russian in thailand> draft dodger>military service. 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Quite likely, I saw that happen to a Russian couple..... they read a sign for draft beer, then pointed at the bottle  Infront of me indicating 2. An argument when they saw the tab. Another time I saw one man getting roughed over as he had been removing tabs from his cup crumpling them up and dropping them under the stage.

GGB's don't like such behaviour.... no place to get reckless if one has short pockets.

It's been a long time since I sat in Sweetheart's and had no concern wrt the tab...... Walking St is seriously expensive and there are a lot of tricks to get fools and their money apart.

Quite right, misunderstandings do happen as does bill padding

and mistakes, i was in Windmill a few months a go ordered my first draft beer 90 baht, bill came 10 beers 900 baht, service girl eyes nearly popped out when i showed her, instantly got it removed

11 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Go-go bars are NOT the place to go if you want to be treated fairly when the bill comes. I'm still SMH that these places are allowed to exist with all the fleecing of customers that goes on.

What does SMH stand for? Another poster who thinks he is texting on a smartphone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:

although getting drunk in public is normal in society,

what you are basically doing when you get drunk is making yourself vulnerable to abuse.

women are making themselves vulnerable to rape in bars ... etc ...

what planet do you live on where you think people will behave on the up and up when given an easy opportunity to take advantage of someone? 

all parties involved are to blame. 

Anyone who is that stupid that he drinks too much so that it makes him even more stupid deserves all he gets.

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Look the guy can not speak English......He was overbilled I bet but could not have a conversation about the problem......So tried to do a runner...And got a beating....

A drunk doing a runner????

7 hours ago, thesetat said:

My guess is you both are wrong.. Since when ordering a drink they take the ticket and add the drink cost immediately. They leave it in front of you in a cup all the time you are there. Most likely some bar girls took advantage of this and ordered drinks without his knowledge or at the end of his time there they added an extra fee. Either way they should have just called the police to sort it out.. If it was me.. I would file charges against the bouncers for assault, and I would make a case against the gogo bar for allowing it to happen. 

I think your forgetting that this is The Banana Republic of Thailand, not some 1st world western country.

• Like 1

My observations are that Russians don't have a pub culture like the Brits so fortunately we don't come across them socially (they are often seen walking around swigging beer from a bottle rather than sitting in a bar). From what I see they are what we call "new money". Like bling, flash cash, show off a gold neck chain, wear $100 baseball caps, act like gangsters. Like to sit in blingy AgoGo bars & clubs. He is just a typical Russian but the gangster bit didn't work.

My general opinion.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Alex2554 said:

A Gulf War veteran was killed in a one-punch attack by a security guard in Thailand, an inquest heard.
Former Army major Mike Jones-Mathias, 55, was on a work trip and had finished dinner with colleagues when he dropped into a bar in Pattaya on his way back to his hotel on May 17, 2018. 
A shocking video played at the inquest shows the former officer flailing towards two Thai men before one leaps towards him landing the fatal blow on the side of his neck, knocking him to the ground. He died later in hospital in Wales
Security guard Phumphat Tanosingh was charged with grievous bodily harm for the punch and faced a trial in Thailand.
But he was found not guilty after claiming self-defence - claiming Mike had attempted to leave the Mandarin Agogo bar without paying his bill

Er, hello? He died in a hospital in Wales? Any links to this bizarre story?

Very happy to see that the guards were not at fault.  I have never had issues with those guys.  I check my bin regularly because I trust no one in this country.

For  those Go  Gos where the guards treat me well and find me a great seat, I give them a nice tip.

• Like 2

Problems are often the language barrier and also the newbie factor of Gogo Bar first-time visitors. Then comes the friendly smiling Mama San, says something, the guest doesn't understand anything, Mama San gives the thumbs up or the ok sign. And then suddenly there is a thimble-sized double tequila water shot on the bill for 400 baht.

The experienced bar staff knows exactly what type of customers they are dealing with, and some are milked properly.

1 hour ago, patman30 said:

so lots of comments about "Russian man bad"
nobody mentioning the fact that the guy throwing punches looks like a juiced up farang ?

With an attention seeking tough guy haircut. Looks a right c###t

1 hour ago, captpkapoor said:

We went to a go-go bar with friends who were visiting from home. After 5 minutes, without having had a single drink, my friend's wife said she wasn't comfortable in such a place. We got up to go, and were immediately presented a bill of some 5000 baht. Despite many protests that we hadn't ordered a thing, and much treats from their bouncers, I believe we paid 2000 baht and left. My friend and his wife were very shook up and doubt if they'll return again. The cops are in on it. 

was that a go go bar of ping pong bar.  Have heard of that at ping pong not so much at a go go bar.  What city and location please

12 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Go-go bars are NOT the place to go if you want to be treated fairly when the bill comes. I'm still SMH that these places are allowed to exist with all the fleecing of customers that goes on.

They exist because customers keep going back.  Nothing is surprising about it.

The normal person that goes has a good time buys a few drinks, and leaves either with or without company for the night.

2k for a night at a bar is nothing really roughly 55 USD 

Hate to say this but have to wonder if the fact that he was Russian had anything to do with it.

59 minutes ago, smedly said:

because the two foreigners that got involved are connected to the bar would be my guess

Still no excuse if they are law enforcement of any kind they should have stepped in. Other foreigners connected to bar or not isn't their concern 

• Haha 1

Much as the idea of, "Big Brother" with eyes on us all the time is an offense to me ... Well, here you go. We read of many instances where CCTV has shown what really took place. Altercations, like this one, robberies, police malfeasance or outright abuse. It's a mixed bag, as is much in life, I suppose.