Two young girls rescued from an illegal karaoke bar in Bangkok

webfact

I currently teach 12 year olds. While some of them appear to be "12 going on 25," they STILL dance like 6-year-olds when I put on the video "Head Shoulders Knees & Toes."

Even 18 year olds aren't thinking logically, but that's the way the laws are.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

Feeling uncomfortable that people without their faces blurred are shown in the article's accompanying photo. That looks illegal in light of current privacy laws. Unless they gave written permission.

Edited by tandor
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

Feeling uncomfortable that people without their faces blurred are shown in the article's accompanying photo. That looks illegal in light of current privacy laws. Unless they gave written permission.

Do you have any link to such a law? Would be interesting to know when you have to blur faces.

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Seems it's the 'culture' of these kind of places in Thailand. 

There is as yet still no evidence that they were victims of human trafficing either. 

While I personally don't agree or like that they were working there, I doubt they are innocent little girls being abused.

They are, after all, over the age of concent for a start so not children. 

So, no emphasis with underage girls being sold in karaoke bars? The law is clear who is allowed to work in such bars. 

Why you even doubt their innocents? Seriously you have a problem

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder if they wanted to be rescued.

Was any of them forced to work there?

Could they leave if they wanted to?

Obviously it makes sense to have some regulations. But it also makes sense to look at reality. Lots of girls know what they are doing. And they do what they do because they make a lot more money than many others.

Whether they choose to do it or not, they are still sort of victims. 

It's like doing kids weed or dope or whatnot, but the time they figured out it was a mistake, their lives may be ruined. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

While it's completely possible that they wanted to work there, I guess it would be considered that they would be being "rescued from themselves" as much as from anyone else.  Such is the nature of age-restrictions.  ????‍♂️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It's like doing kids weed or dope or whatnot, but the time they figured out it was a mistake, their lives may be ruined. 

Yes, sort of

But I think we should see the huge difference between people (of any age) who are forced to work in prostitution and others who chose to do it.

It seems all these cases are handled as if some criminals forced them to work there. I have my doubt that that is the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

In 27 states in the USA the age of sexual consent is 16 and in six US states there is no minimum age at all

27 + 6 = 33. What about the rest of the States?

Which six states have no minimum age please?

3 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

In 27 states in the USA the age of sexual consent is 16 and in six US states there is no minimum age at all

Under 18s cannot give "consent" for paid-for/prostitution sexual services.  Even in the backward USA.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously it makes sense to have some regulations. But it also makes sense to look at reality. Lots of girls know what they are doing. And they do what they do because they make a lot more money than many others.

Creepy thoughts.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Im so tired of these young girls love guys blaiming the girls and making excuses on their behalf! 

• Thanks 1

Nearly 2 decades ago, I witnessed a whole family selling the virginity of their daughter in a public parc in Korat.

The daughter, I guess somewhere between the 12 to 15 years old, was dressed as a bargirl and showing a lot of "Flesh" to atract the buyers.
After 1 hour, a deal was set and she went with an old China man to lose her virginity.
Coming home, I asked my wife why this was going on and she answerred:
"That is a common thing in Thailand. The girl will lose her virginity anyhow to the first boy who turns her on, so better try to make some money of it for the family."

Edited by Confuscious
not finished
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Wonder what they will be doing next week..., planting rice?

We could use their transplanting skills here in Isaan.  And we pay 300 tb per day.

Edited by Isaan sailor
  • Haha 2