The purpose of tatoos

19 hours ago, kangaloowest said:

Up to that person and no-one else

Ever heard of the saying:

"Not my business " ??

Perhaps you and others should practice that 

Indeed. How dare we express a personal opinion in a discussion of social/fashion issues on this forum.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Tattoo on girl in Thailand = prostitute.

Tattoo on girl in the west = slut.

The bigger the tattoo, the more they are.

Tattoo on guy in Thailand = low-life.

Tattoo on guy in west = thug.

Just my opinions, obviously there are exceptions but I will avoid all obviously tattooed people.

There is an odd exception though. A lot of successful and famous people are heavily tattooed. Here's just a few examples, but the list is long. These people are role models and will keep the tattoo industry alive. Dwayne Johnson is currently the most highly paid actor in the world, so he's definitly no mug. thug or low-life.

tattoo 4.jpg

Tattoo 1.jpg

tattoo 2.jpg

tattoo 3.jpg

Edited by JensenZ

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

There is an odd exception though. A lot of successful and famous people are heavily tattooed. Here's just a few examples, but the list is long. These people are role models and will keep the tattoo industry alive. Dwayne Johnson is currently the most highly paid actor in the world, so he's definitly no mug. thug or low-life.

tattoo 4.jpg

Tattoo 1.jpg

tattoo 2.jpg

tattoo 3.jpg

I like LeBron and enjoy watching hm play, but all 4 of those folks would look a lot better---in my opinion, of course---without the tatts.

I'm sure every last bit of ink has great personal 'meaning' to them...or else they just found a bare patch of skin and decided to slap something on it.

7 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

"Religious"

I cannot recall any founder of any superstition faith suggesting his followers get tatts.

all kind of religious symbols......

sure some religions will also recommend that...there is all kind of crazy stuff around....can't take blood when having a surgery...can not eat some animals....beavers are fishes etc....Sure you will find some tattoo somewhere....

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No, I am working, and I pay for our life together - just like most men (used to) do.

She is taking care of our home, cooking, etc.

That's the way I like it.

Presumably you give her money to save and transfer to family and buffalo?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

tattoo 4.jpg

Tattoo 1.jpg

tattoo 2.jpg

tattoo 3.jpg

yes but you won't find some investment banker, politicians or prince charles etc...self appointed HiSo with tattoos. Not people who want to present themself as very honest and responsible. (with investment banker and politicians that are actually the true criminals....but they pretend to be honest)

I know some exceptionally wealthy Thai's who have Tattoos...  they have enough eff-you money not to care what others think of them. 

I'm not a fan of tattoo's... however, their tattoo's look quite amazing and quite likely will do as they age.

There are a lot of 'boomer' comments on this thread, but to be fair, I don't disagree with half of what has been written, but there is an also an outrageous amount of judgement.

Tatts... It depends upon, who has them, their quality and how they are worn.... 

Most look like a poor after thought and lower the 'perception of said wearer' meanwhile tatts suit many people and look good on them.

Edited by richard_smith237

8 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

You will not find tats on the good upper class Thai women. So when in Rome do as the Romans. These bar girls get tated themselves up to appeal to the low class bar patrons.

Oh yes you will !!!!!.....     

I know a few females considered 'particularly hi-so' amongst Thai's.... they have their tattoo's....

It's not common though - but your sweeping generalisation is wrong.

17 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

Maybe the answer to the question is that people in their home village don't look down upon the bar/gogo girl. Everyone in the village know that the girl is making money from foreigners, savings some and sending some home regularly. The girls are maybe considered smart to make money off their looks. Therefore a tatoo is no stigma.

Just a theory. I don't know the villagers' inner thoughts. 

I just quote myself and hope to get an answer to this question from those who know more about Thai people's thinking:

Are bar/gogo-girls looked down upon in their home village or are they just considered smart to have grabbed foreigners'  money using their looks? (Of course different people may see it differently)

6 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I just quote myself and hope to get an answer to this question from those who know more about Thai people's thinking:

Are bar/gogo-girls looked down upon in their home village or are they just considered smart to have grabbed foreigners'  money using their looks? (Of course different people may see it differently)

When I went to my woman's village they were calling her the 'slut that went to whore in Bangkok'.

In Thai not knowing I understood.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When I went to my woman's village they were calling her the 'slut that went to whore in Bangkok'.

In Thai not knowing I understood.

Funny, my good thai girl friend, village assumed she worked sex and sending money home, until she turned up in court as a lawyer and successfully prosecuted some local urchin 

• Haha 1

Up to you ... tattoo or not.

As to my personal preference; being with, and admiring the feminine form is to see small and very few tattoo's. I'm no fan of large ones and multiples of same.

Personally, and being completely honest, I would have to meet a really amazing woman to look past a body heavily marked with tat's. Yes this is a judgement on my part but one I hold.

In certain cultures of course it is part of deep cultural tradition to mark the body to represent and signify important times of one lifespan e.g. passing from childhood to adulthood, births and deaths of significant people, group identifying markings.

I never ever got any myself as I knew as a young fella that exposure to the sun ruined any colours other than the indigo dyes.

Seeing as I spent hours a day in the surf I knew I'd end up with these all but indistinguishable blobs on me and loose the artistic form of the original. So, I never indulged. It was also something that my family group did not do and thus I was influenced by this norm.

I have on occasion considered it in my 40's and on but never did take to the chair. 

I bought cars, boats, n other stuff instead of breaking out of the middle aged years lol ????????

I have been told by clients in the past how tattooing becomes/became an obsession with a lot of their inked-up friends and acquaintances. I have no empirical data to prove it bUt I suspect there are some deeper motivation and imperatives behind being inked , especially in those who seem to not be able to stop being marked.

In bar girls, not that I have much experience with these femme fatales, some freelancers yes in the past I wonder if the excitement, the pain, the event, and the process of tattooing itself is some sort of ameliorating or reaction to their bar-work, and the colourful and athletic relationships they have with their clients.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not a fan of tattoo's... however, their tattoo's look quite amazing and quite likely will do as they age.

That there are tattoos that do not deteriorate as they age is a myth. They were saying the same thing fifty years ago. 

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Photo of thug, followed by photo of bonkers slut. 

What are you then? A self righteous bigot?

I see very successful people with tattoos, and the list is long.

Edited by JensenZ

7 hours ago, h90 said:

yes but you won't find some investment banker, politicians or prince charles etc...self appointed HiSo with tattoos. Not people who want to present themself as very honest and responsible. (with investment banker and politicians that are actually the true criminals....but they pretend to be honest)

I would bet you'll find many investement bankers and politicians with tattoos. They are easy enough to hide in a suit. As for King Charles (where have you been), he's not successful. He inherited the crown.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Presumably you give her money to save and transfer to family and buffalo?

Presumably I don't. 

But being together with her for many years I help the family from time to time.

The father is old and now he has to go sometimes to the hospital. Sometimes an ambulance takes him for free, and sometimes not. Someone has to pay for the transport. I am not the only person who helps the father, and I can afford it more than others. I don't complain about that fact. I would also help my family in farangland if they needed to go to the hospital but couldn't afford it. 

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Presumably I don't. 

The father is old and now he has to go sometimes to the hospital. Sometimes an ambulance takes him for free, and sometimes not. Someone has to pay for the transport. I am not the only person who helps the father, and I can afford it more than others. I don't complain about that fact. I would also help my family in farangland if they needed to go to the hospital but couldn't afford it. 

Helping people less fortunate is a very good thing... 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Presumably I don't. 

If one is living with a woman, why would they not want to help the family? 

Most these guys are greedy full of hate pikers.