Prawit Tipped As Pita’s Rival For PM

webfact

7 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

There are plenty of examples of unsavoury regimes around the world who "got the most votes". Can you explain how they were first voted into power…? before they then stacked the deck including stuffing in 250 appointed senators. 
There have been plenty of arguments already (including from me) pointing out your flawed argument - one of the major ones being a proper democratic government in a free and fair election..or does that argument need explaining to you too? 

he got the most votes.....most votes in the election...has nothing to do with the Senators....

yes that there are bad regimes that got most votes in history is correct...you can use that argument equally against Pita or against anyone?

That isn't an argument.

And the best proof of free and fair elections is that Prayut lost this time...if he would rigged the election he wouldn't have lost it.

With the appointed Senators we agree....I can't understand how someone can write something so stupid into the constitution......

if that's the case, Thailand will reach the bottom and any little piece of credibility, if any left within the international community, it will be gone for good.... God have mercy and forgive them as they do not know what they are doing

30 minutes ago, h90 said:

but you don't have any arguments why I would be wrong, or?

And that Junta got the most votes in the 2019 election.....So it was an elected government

Do you come from outer space!!!!!  there was a coup no fair election rigged by the military FF would have won but got banned

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Snig27 said:

The senate loses the power to vote for PM in May 2024. Unless the constitution is changed they can appoint 1000 senators and it makes no difference

What is required to move and pass a constitutional amendment?

I understand that Chapter 15, Section 256 (3), of the 2017 Constitution requires that a majority of the combined two chambers of parliament, the House and the Senate, as well as no fewer than one-third of senators, or 84 of the 250 senators. The Senate vote is guaranteed, that would give them just under a year to create the majority.

Edited by herfiehandbag

26 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

There are plenty of examples of unsavoury regimes around the world who "got the most votes". Can you explain how they were first voted into power…? before they then stacked the deck including stuffing in 250 appointed senators. 
There have been plenty of arguments already (including from me) pointing out your flawed argument - one of the major ones being a proper democratic government in a free and fair election..or does that argument need explaining to you too? 

Cambodia, Zimbabwe, North Korea, Belarus, and there are plenty more.

Edited by Scouse123

6 hours ago, eisfeld said:

And then what? You have a PM that has a minority in the house. I don't see how that will result in a working government. Plus they'd risk civil unrest because the election would have been largely meaningless.

Agree with the civil unrest.  I assume that Pheu Thai will ask for the speakers seat and join the collation.  Oh, and of course Taksin returns shortly thereafter.

1 hour ago, h90 said:

yes that there are bad regimes that got most votes in history is correct...you can use that argument equally against Pita or against anyone?

No you can't,Pita, unlike the junta wasn't in power to influence nor manipulate the process. His achievement in that respect as an unfancied candidate is even more stunning . The junta have been resoundingly defeated despite their machinations. Time to go..

7 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good morning,

Thailand stop your Political rubbish , Let the Prime Minister be who

THAI PEOPLE CHOOSE PERIOD,

YOU KNOW DEMOCRACY FREEDOM OF

CHOICE !!

They will do anything to keep their grip on power, they are making too much money, to let go.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

He cannot stay awake more than 20 minutes at a time.

He is likely drinking far too much well aged, first growth Bordeaux, for his own good. And he has probably not engaged in any sort of fitness since Microsoft was a small company. 

5 hours ago, proton said:

Has no mandate, old, fat, dim witted and associated with the last nine years of failure- ideal candidate ????

But has military power behind him, and if needed more military power than cha cha.

34 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

He hasn't even been allowed to begin despite a clear victory. 

he was allowed to say many harmful things already.....damaged foreign relations and confidence in economic....

38 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

No you can't,Pita, unlike the junta wasn't in power to influence nor manipulate the process. His achievement in that respect as an unfancied candidate is even more stunning . The junta have been resoundingly defeated despite their machinations. Time to go..

I never said that he manipulated the process...you are defending him against something I never said....

6 hours ago, wazzupnow said:

prayut still working behind the curtain to keep the country in control trying to get one off his old demented buddies to act for him look at the guy he should be in a retirement home not in a goverment

Actually, in their army clan, Prawit us Prayut's boss.

A very confident Pita

Has there been any comment from Prawit? Yes, No comment.

MFP PM candidate Pita on Sat accepts an invitation by operators of tourism businesses to be tourism ambassador. Pita said once he's in office, the new gov't will boost tourism and he will personally promote tourism when visiting NYC in Sept for the UN General Assembly.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1675022308896047115

57 minutes ago, h90 said:

he was allowed to say many harmful things already.....damaged foreign relations and confidence in economic....

So do you imagine the major trading economies are favouring a continued junta government or this forward looking Move forward party headed by Pita? The "damage" you allude to is really only in your own head