Jomtien Immigration Upgrade

champers

9 hours ago, dddave said:

Over the last 3 years, my dealings with Jomtien Immigration staff has never been other than polite and professional.  When I see the daily tide of disrespectfully dressed, entitled and ill prepared scruff that they have to deal with it's a wonder they are as polite as they are.

Agreed. I've been 10 years and seen the office change.

Never had a problem.

My last time there was 5 months ago.  It would be nice to see them in a new building that can handle large numbers.  Signage,  cueing,  staff training. A lot to be done. Overwhelmingly so,  thats why it will be much the same for the next long while. 

The maybe not surprising thing I found in my social circle was that when the new 90 day online reporting system was updated and working perfectly through the Jomtien office, it was those that complain the most about having to report to immigration in person that haven't yet taken advantage of the improvement and still insist on going there, bizarre. Not happy unless they are complaining about immigration, some of the spurious linkage in this thread disconnected from the news of this positive development kind of demonstrate that mindset.

8 hours ago, Seppius said:

Did mine today also, took 2 minutes with a coffee in my hand on the PC. Why would anyone go there if they did not have to?

True, some people have little else to do so a trip to Immigration they seem to enjoy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I haven't worn a singlet since I was 20 hanging out on the beach in Baili. Do you really think wearing a singlet to Immigration when signs clearly say not to is appropriate? 

So here maybe the reason some people are treated better at Jomtien immigration and have no issue with staff there

Need a shirt with a pocket to put a pen in... but many turn up there without even a pen in their beachwear!

22 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Looks like their torture tactics worked! No more lines....

Last February 30-day extension job took 7h starting 1,5h in hot sun.

but other people had pleasant visits so by their rules your torturous visit doesn't count

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

but other people had pleasant visits so by their rules your torturous visit doesn't count

Retiree experience vs Tourist experience.  The opening of a new building for Retiree related services will not alter the experience of those requiring tourist related services in Feb peak demand tourist high season. It should help ease numbers in the main building a bit, but I reckon the absence of the Russian tourist war effect that happened this high season would help more.

• Like 1

"but other people had pleasant visits so by their rules your torturous visit doesn't count "

That's OK.

But does your own experiences in April count?

You had same opinion; "basically torture" you wrote ????

Posted April 3 by scubascuba3
"What you experienced is standard at Jomtien sadly. You will witness staff being rude to multiple people during the time there, partly caused by stress, but only certain staff are rude"
And; "so no queuing outside? which recently took 2+ hours "
And;  >  I've never had any problems with the service level for more than 2 decades. Nor did @champersthe other day. <
"If you go on very busy days circ 2+ hours queuing you might see a different side to Immigration staff
Edited April 5 by scubascuba3 "
And;  "Recently when i went for a residents certificate it was 2+ hours snaking around in the heat no chairs, how can the elderly with underlying health conditions handle that, basically torture. A few weeks ago some chairs were put out, finally "
And; "They like it too busy so it drives people to using an agent so more money for them "

Others;
https://aseannow.com/topic/1291088-pattaya-jomtien-immigration-office-is-terrible/

Edited by GypsyT
deleted dublicate text

5 hours ago, GypsyT said:

"but other people had pleasant visits so by their rules your torturous visit doesn't count "

That's OK.

But does your own experiences in April count?

You had same opinion; "basically torture" you wrote ????

Posted April 3 by scubascuba3
"What you experienced is standard at Jomtien sadly. You will witness staff being rude to multiple people during the time there, partly caused by stress, but only certain staff are rude"
And; "so no queuing outside? which recently took 2+ hours "
And;  >  I've never had any problems with the service level for more than 2 decades. Nor did @champersthe other day. <
"If you go on very busy days circ 2+ hours queuing you might see a different side to Immigration staff
Edited April 5 by scubascuba3 "
And;  "Recently when i went for a residents certificate it was 2+ hours snaking around in the heat no chairs, how can the elderly with underlying health conditions handle that, basically torture. A few weeks ago some chairs were put out, finally "
And; "They like it too busy so it drives people to using an agent so more money for them "

Others;
https://aseannow.com/topic/1291088-pattaya-jomtien-immigration-office-is-terrible/

Yes it can be torture for many on bad days, but that doesn't mean good days don't happen. There are also other threads highlighting the problem. This is pre new building so maybe a happy ending

Edited by scubascuba3

On 7/5/2023 at 10:48 PM, kinyara said:

The maybe not surprising thing I found in my social circle was that when the new 90 day online reporting system was updated and working perfectly through the Jomtien office, it was those that complain the most about having to report to immigration in person that haven't yet taken advantage of the improvement and still insist on going there, bizarre.

Did my first ever online report back in September successfully......tried again December submitted application all looked good but I,m still waiting now for my confirmation email.....bizarre....report in person is my preference now.

It was reported that an email reminder would be sent prior to renewal also....still waiting for that also....and yes I checked my spam messages also.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Did my first ever online report back in September successfully......tried again December submitted application all looked good but I,m still waiting now for my confirmation email.....bizarre....report in person is my preference now.

It was reported that an email reminder would be sent prior to renewal also....still waiting for that also....and yes I checked my spam messages also.

Sorry to hear that.. which office do you deal with?

Been good for me, get reminders too from Jomtien.

• Like 1

I don't mind going to the office to do my 90 day. I combine it with a trip to a restaurant, coffee shop or bar in Jomtien that I might not normally visit.

I might give the new Sharples Fish and Chips on Thappraya a go next time. Not open yet but should be on my next trip in.

2 hours ago, petermik said:

At least you were prepared to give it a go, the guys I'm talking about who are all computer literate and were professionally qualified successful people in their careers wouldn't even entertain the idea of trying to make their life easier. I can only say those of us that do of my mates who are in the majority have not had any issues. My first one after receiving my new passport even worked despite reading on here that I'd have to go in person for that one.

Nothing to lose giving it another try 14 days before your next report, you might get a pleasant surprise and if not you can give us a report on the new office. ????

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, kinyara said:

At least you were prepared to give it a go, the guys I'm talking about who are all computer literate and were professionally qualified successful people in their careers wouldn't even entertain the idea of trying to make their life easier. I can only say those of us that do of my mates who are in the majority have not had any issues. My first one after receiving my new passport even worked despite reading on here that I'd have to go in person for that one.

Nothing to lose giving it another try 14 days before your next report, you might get a pleasant surprise and if not you can give us a report on the new office. ????

I will not input data into a Thai Govt database unless I am compelled to do so.

The one that everyone was advised to use during Covid (I forget the name) had all it's data harvested recently. I never used that and I am sure many others didn't for the same reason - they doubt that their data will be kept safely.

On 7/5/2023 at 2:53 PM, scubascuba3 said:

True, some people have little else to do so a trip to Immigration they seem to enjoy

Perhaps if it was harder to do in person, I'd try the online method. I'm in Rayong, takes longer to fill out form than it does for the report. It just means I have a destination for my big bike ride.

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

And the link to that allegation is where please?

I’d say it’s a well known fact to most that used Thailand Pass to enter during the covid restrictions.

Here is one link: Thai Enquirer

• Thanks 1

Too many slow types with a low IQ here in the LOS.

They can't understand basic stuff then complain and point fingers, 555. 

Edited by bbko
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

And the link to that allegation is where please?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/cyberpunk-data-thief-allegedly-an-army-sergeant&ved=2ahUKEwj7pYGImf3_AhWBQPUHHdxXA6EQFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw22pqgyIA_xz4n1zuJw-KNA

Just one example from many. A similar hack 12 months prior too.

Edited by champers
  • Thanks 1