Caught on the fly: Thai police nab Uzbek fleeing prostitution charges in Pattaya

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The organisations relayed information from an Uzbek victim who told them that she was lured into working in a brothel near Pattaya Walking Street.

Anybody heard of a raid of said building with loads of Uzbek women in..........:whistling:

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

Continued...The ever vigilant Pattaya Police just happened to notice a knocking shop full of emaciated, anorexic Uzbek gals, who's only words were "Plov, Plov, Plov?"  https://www.willflyforfood.net/uzbek-food/#:~:text=9.-,Plov,most famous dish in Uzbekistan.

Or Samsa Samsa 

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

Continued...The ever vigilant Pattaya Police just happened to notice a knocking shop full of emaciated, anorexic Uzbek gals, whose only words were "Plov, Plov, Plov?"  https://www.willflyforfood.net/uzbek-food/#:~:text=9.-,Plov,most famous dish in Uzbekistan.

Or Samsa 

No big surprise.

15-20 years ago it was almost routine that every 3-4 months there'd be a news article about the BiB rounding up a horde of Uzbek prostitues working on Walking Street and deport them.

It happen so often it was a joke. After I mentioned it in one article, someone who thought they knew everything called me a liar so I went back over the previous 2 years of  news articles and linked every single story and sure enough, it was pretty much one ever 3.5 months on average.

I had a theory that the pimps would recruit a batch of women, bring them here, take their passports and put them on the street.

For the first few weeks they'd work their butts off (literally) but then the money flow would slow down. Perhaps as the girls started pocketing more of their earnings.

Suddenly there'd be a story about the police doing a round-up and deporting another lot of them. I'm sure the pimp(s) would give "someone" a nudge when it was time to get rid of the old girls. That way the pimps didn't have to pay the return airfare for the girls and they could sell their passports as well.

The Uzbek girls used to get a lot of customers as well, even the rather "large" ones.

Because most of them were just as "white" as your average Brit - and they spoke better English than the local girls.

A lot of the old gits in the bars couldn't speak 2 words of Thai and would end up sitting alone and sad in the bars.

I used to watch the Uzbeki girls walk down the street peering into each beer bar for those old guys. (Friend of mine used to run the Lucky Stars bars across from the Marine Disco. Used to sit in there and watch the street. It was far more entertaining than any of those "reality" shows on TV.)

They'd go down the street and mark potential customers and on their way back up the street if the geezer was still at the bar, one girl would peel off and slide up next to him. As soon as she started speaking English it was like someone turned on a spotlight as the old guy would sit up and start talking to the woman. 

The Africans (Nigerians) preferred to just stand on the sidewalks near closed shops or places that someone wouldn't try to chase them away from. Never saw them try to go into a bar (not unless they had a "customer").

Probably the same idea with them. Some pimp brings them in and when they've "gone stale" he gives the BiB a call and they round the girls up and get rid of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Continued...The ever vigilant Pattaya Police just happened to notice a knocking shop full of emaciated, anorexic Uzbek gals, who's only words were "Plov, Plov, Plov?"  https://www.willflyforfood.net/uzbek-food/#:~:text=9.-,Plov,most famous dish in Uzbekistan.

Goodness, that is quite a cuisine.  Seems the Turks didn’t leave much behind when they passed through.

6 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

A lot of Bek's in this story for starters ????

some ladies bending it for Bek(ham) it seems...... for shame!

wonder if ill see him on Nat geo to catch a smuggler....love that show--used to be a show about Swampy too...

1 hour ago, Aviatorhi said:

It's that old Soviet mentality. Why do business fairly - when you can exploit and oppress people to show how much of a alpha-boi you are?

nope, that's more western style:coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Tip of the Iceberg.  Keep an eye on the Koreans recruiting on Soi 6.  

They don't need to try hard.  Thai's know as "ghosts" frequently try to get into Korea for work. 

......And just as frequently are deported.