Three million baht reward offered for finding missing German businessman

webfact

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

so they found his car .....   but he's been arrested before in 2018 ...... 

I'll hazard a guess that the cops aren't letting on as much as they know,  were they feeling a bit short this month and need some substantial support ....   after the support is paid he'll mysteriously turn up all smiles again. 

Collect 3,100,000 baht?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I saw pics of the inside of car on the news showing some kind of liquid cleaner was all over the seats and dash.

In really wonder how from a picture you can determine it is liquid cleaner, and not whatever other kind of liquid

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Looks like there is more to this story

Let's see if and when he turns up money could be involved ???? 

some people just dont turn up, make his wife the number one suspect 

• Like 1

I wonder if Mr. Mack registered for facial recognition at his banks thereby allowing for transfers above 50,000 baht?

I'm sure the police will be checking his banking/credit card activity.

I mean it's binary, he's either done a runner, or he's paying his own ransom.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TimBKK said:

How do these connect to the missing German? Different German name, age, looks.... The Thai woman arrested is 41, not 24. Help me out here....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Absolutely right.

Unfortunately, Thailand has become a safe heaven for criminals and fugitives from all over the world including Germany, Holland, France, Poland, Lithuania, China, Great Britain, Australia, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Romania, United States, South Korea, etc. Not excluding Africa and Latin America. 

Thankfully there are no criminals or fugitives from Canada. Eh. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

It's 100% the same guy. If you think otherwise, you're delusional. The story is from 2018. Same name just missing one of his middle names. Hans Peter Walter Mack and Hans Peter Mack. 56 in story from 2018 and 62 now which adds up the age. Build, hair looks like him. 41 year old Thai woman was procuring young girls for him, not his wife who is now 24 and he married at 19.

I do have delusions.... you caught me!

My excuse of sorts is that I didn't look at the dates of the articles.... my bad

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

A 62yo, German, driving a convertible Mercedes Benz, married to a 24yo. 

I often read strange articles through the media regarding foreigners living in Pattaya over the last 20 years, the majority of those strange articles don't have happy endings.

Strange that. I'm a foreigner and have been living in the Pattaya area for over sixteen years and I'm very happy and don't feel in any danger at all. In fact, during my time here I've read of farang going missing all over Thailand. 

This guy bought a large house just recently which I can see from my place. Hope they find him safe and well, but I fear the worst.

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Maybe he read the linked article.

May I suggest you read them yourself, before playing smart Alec here, and point out which of the linked articles that were published before his post, mention liquid cleaner.