Anti trans, anti woke youtuber suggests countries to escape to and he gives Thai ladyboys a pass

Some background here.

This is a NFKRZ video and he's not a right wing anti trans type. 

But he's mocking "Wealthy Expat" a right wing Russia loving "traditional values" youtuber who is suggesting countries to escape to to  escape "western" trans / woke culture.

What's funny and Thailand relevant here is that his suggestions to escape trans and woke include Thailand, and he makes an exception to his ideology for Thai ladyboy culture.

THAILAND content at about 12:18.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

I'm not going to watch the whole thing as they sound like two sides of the same coin, but this is quite funny:

"But they really put an effort into it.  When a man becomes a woman - or, let's say, a ladyboy, they call them in Thailand - they really put effort.  They look like women, they behave like women, they act like women.  They actually put an effort to be women."

He obviously doesn't know much about Thai ladyboys.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

"traditional values" youtuber who is suggesting countries to escape to to  escape "western" trans / woke culture.

many folks on this forum have bashed pattaya because they don't approve of that lifestyle. do you expect everyone to live in a place which doesn't have their values or should people be allowed to move somewhere else? 

notice that pattaya and chiang mai are very different. and that's because there is a certain degree of wisdom in seperating out different types of lifestyles. 

Edited by save the frogs

59 minutes ago, bignok said:

Whats the point of the topic? Youtube is full of nonsense.

It's weird.  I see a "right-wing" nut job and a "left-wing" nut job, both wrong about much of what they say and only really looking to score points for "their tribe".

I don't think either of them has any sort of moral high-ground.

• Like 1

I understand that sane people run away from crazies like Dylan Mulvaney or Lia Thomas.

Many ladyboys in Thailand are just like normal people, my neighbor is one of them.

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just to explain what is going on here: a Russian refugee living in Georgia and working in IT, likes to comment on anyone with a silly understanding of Russia. This effectively opens up to him almost the entire population of the United States. In this particular review he's looking at the general tendency of Americans to see not just Russia but even Thailand as places to escape ideologies of America, not grasping that they are also not utopias.

The conservative here is ironically making the precise argument that radical leftist feminist Judith Butler was making in her famous work, 'Gender Trouble'. She argued that not just gender but also even sex is performatively produced (this is the book where "performative" emerged in American discourse).

The extreme conservative is favourable to that position by his supporting Thai ladyboys because they truly act like women, as in they performatively constitute themselves as women. He is implicitly opposed to American ladyboys because they don't try to act in conformity with his constructed image of women.

It's interesting to look at this tail end of the 30 year-- increasingly flagging-- dialectical arguments between liberal forces and conservative forces. And just as expected, after all the screaming and shouting and knashing of teeth, the conservative ends up as the liberal.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Edited by Gaccha
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Myran said:

Fairly obvious what he means, unless you set out to misunderstand.

He's talking about moving away from the trans ideology, not trans people. Not saying I agree with him, but it's quite ridiculous to intentionally misunderstand and misrepresent what he's saying.

Seems to me that's splitting hairs.

His favorite option is obviously Russia.

LGBT people have basically been made INVISIBLE there!

A new law in Russia is Putin's latest attack on LGBTQ rights : NPR

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Whats the point of the topic? Youtube is full of nonsense.

As said the far right wing ideologue being featured favors what he thinks are extremely anti trans, anti woke countries to "escape" to, but acknowledges Thai ladyboy culture as somehow different and somehow acceptable to his right wing ideology. I'm not saying it is or it isn't. I just found that funny. Just to be clear, like Roman of NFKRZ I find that Wealthy Expat dude as an extremely bigoted right wing MORON. Definitely a great target to do a mockery video about. 

This is a FORUM.

This is a DISCUSSION topic. 

There doesn't need to be some kind of grand "purpose" to introduce any particular topic.

You might look at it as for entertainment purposes, or if it offends, you are free to CLICK AWAY. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I find that Wealthy Expat dude as an extremely bigoted right wing MORON.

keep in mind these types of vloggers make money by finding reasons to convince people to relocate.

nomad capitalist always comes up with all sorts of inane reasons why people should flee the USA. of course he never talks about the negatives of the other countries he is sending people to. 

don't take it too personally. it's all about $$$ more than anything else. 

Edited by save the frogs

3 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

keep in mind these types of vloggers make money by finding reasons to convince people to relocate.

nomad capitalist always comes up with all sorts of inane reasons why people should flee the USA. of course he never talks about the negatives of the other countries he is sending people to. 

don't take it too personally. it's all about $$$ more than anything else. 

They are not equivalent. Nomad Capitalist has a legitimate business. Wealthy Expat is amateur hour. 

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Of course there are perfectly rational reasons to leave some western countries (as so many of us expats have done) but escaping "trans" is not one of them!

the main reason to move to russia is the ratio of women to men there is one of the highest in the world.

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Some background here.

This is a NFKRZ video and he's not a right wing anti trans type. 

But he's mocking "Wealthy Expat" a right wing Russia loving "traditional values" youtuber who is suggesting countries to escape to to  escape "western" trans / woke culture.

What's funny and Thailand relevant here is that his suggestions to escape trans and woke include Thailand, and he makes an exception to his ideology for Thai ladyboy culture.

THAILAND content at about 12:18.

Just shut your trap and show everyone respect. It’s none of your business what they do. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I don't see what's so controversial about this guy's video.

I am happy to be living in the Land of Sanity (never thought I'd say that) away from all this woke BS.

Is that why you moved to Thailand?

To escape "trans" degenerates as that insufferable bigot calls them and "woke" culture?

I seriously doubt it but up to you.

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Of course there are perfectly rational reasons to leave some western countries (as so many of us expats have done) but escaping "trans" is not one of them!

I couldn't afford housing in the UK after divorce lost me my home.

70 quid a week for a bedsit Vs 200 pounds a month for a 3 bedroom detached house.

Didn't even think of wokes or trannys.

• Thumbs Up 1