Opening Ganja shop

ezzra

Of course wait until the politics hashes out, but it is a good business if done properly. Either you need a great location with a lot of tourist traffic, or very cheap rent.

Also good genetics are not easy to find, so make sure he's growing top shelf, or the shop won't do well. It's pretty easy to find good weed online for less than half price of the shops, so you would need to stand out either with great weed for tourists, or great prices for locals.

Hit me up if you need an independant tester. I'm a experienced grower and 40 year smoker.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'm offered a partnership in opening a Ganja shop in Pattaya with a guy who is a grower of the weed,

since i know nothing about this kind of business and not a user either, and that there're many shops in Pattaya

already, I was wondering what are pros and cons of such venture. 

can you get me samples (ill pay) of said growers cannabis ? i will test it and you can know right away if it will be worth the time to open a shop or not. 

is he looking for you to invest ? 

• Haha 2

I laugh every time I see another ganga shop every 100 yards or so, like they're trying to compete with bars!!!

Mark my words, 80 percent of them will be bankrupt before the year is out, then you can buy a shop real cheap, if you want!!!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

The proposed offer came from a Thai guy i know for many years that has become a weed grower of a, according to him, high quality Ganja, he plans to open a shop in some large hotel on Pattaya's beach road that he know the owner, my part will be to invest the money to deck out said shop and nothing else,

but as many posters has advised, better wait to see where the new government is going and have a better business plan.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ezzra said:

has become a weed grower of a, according to him, high quality

how many years has he been growing for ? if it is less than 10 or 15 don't bother. 

for perspective. i have been growing for almost 15 years now (medical back home) and i met a true master grower last year. changed my whole view and what i thought i knew about growing etc. 

if you can please get me a sample of his high quality flower i will be able to tell you right away.  

or put me in contact with him i will order. 

but honestly there is a high chance your friend grows mids at best. like most of the market right now. nothing will separate his product from the rest. not trying to chop anyone down but odds are i'm not wrong. 

been at this a few years. 

Edited by stoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't mean to blow smoke in yo face, but WHYDo you need to work...bored...think it's a guaranteed winner(it's not) Seeing nothing but rude awakenings coming out of this. Foreign/Thai business partnerships have always been dicey and moreso now than ever. Thailand and unscrupulous go hand in hand. Also competition is stiff and you know nothing about this business. You're just another ripe for the picking money man. What could possibly go wrong? ????

If you go thru with it...best be prepared for the worst (fleeced). Truly hope it works out well. Best wishes. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Thumbs Up 1

1. Investing with, partnering with, loaning... really means giving your money away.

2. "Investing" in a shop to sell something you don't use with someone who knows nothing about opening a shop and you know nothing about having a shop.

3. Open a shop where there are many shops already selling what you want to sell 

Now what could go wrong?

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So does your business plan show a demand for another shop?

A business Plan is what you write AFTER you have researched everything including establishing if there is room in the market

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

my part will be to invest the money to deck out said shop and nothing else,

How much will that need?, what would the profits be? what is your share?, is there rent to pay to the hotel?, How long before you will reap any profit if any. ??? 

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'm offered a partnership in opening a Ganja shop in Pattaya with a guy who is a grower of the weed,

since i know nothing about this kind of business and not a user either, and that there're many shops in Pattaya

You were offered the opportunity because it isn't going well.

The shops you can see into from the street are mostly customer-free, in my experience.

Take a look in Pattaya. Perhaps, even a chat or two with the owner.

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How could he have a work permit for a business that doesn't yet exist?  Even if it had been set up, he wouldn't need a WP to solely finance the business.

Not even for taking money for sales?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How could he have a work permit for a business that doesn't yet exist?  Even if it had been set up, he wouldn't need a WP to solely finance the business.

Expand  

Not even for taking money for sales?

If he "took money for sales" he'd have to be working in the shop, not solely providing the capital, wouldn't he?

On 7/11/2023 at 10:27 AM, ezzra said:

Be Smart If you don't know nothing about Weed and not much about Business  Forget that you being offered a partnership and leave it be.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

A business Plan is what you write AFTER you have researched everything including establishing if there is room in the market

Have you seen a business plan on any prospects in thailand involving entertaining businesses? 

I have seen a few fantasy projects involving night clubs, where share holders falling off as they renovate and temporary deley their opening schedule. 

Socalled milking prospects, 

How stupid can you be to buy in to projects you do not know anything about, and have control except buying in with your solids! 

Good luck