Every scenario is nightmarish

webfact

15 hours ago, h90 said:

there are so many other coalitions possible.....

Not really any coalition must include either PT or MFp and them joining with a military party is suicide.

Best solution is to throw out the election and redo it 

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Not really any coalition must include either PT or MFp and them joining with a military party is suicide.

Best solution is to throw out the election and redo it 

No use with the junta appointed senators still having a vote in selection of the PM.

PT's leader is already starting to quote, ' the country must come first, it needs a PM to solve its problems'.

Translation - ' We are abandoning MF and our ideals in search of riches and glory at the government trough.'

Pita and MFP's 14.4 m voters deserve a second vote.

MFP + PTP should then put forth a PTP candidate (Srettha). If rejected, then that would be a nightmare.

That coalition with well over 60% of the votes has a mandate to lead a government.

Anything else would be a sham, and would be a slap in the face of the Thai voters.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, h90 said:

28 % of all voters voted for him. 73% voted for someone else or didn't care to vote at all.....

14 Million out of 55 vote for him

But he was voted in. That is democracy. Non voters have no right to a say in anything they should have voted on.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Pita and MFP's 14.4 m voters deserve a second vote.

MFP + PTP should then put forth a PTP candidate (Srettha). If rejected, then that would be a nightmare.

That coalition with well over 60% of the votes has a mandate to lead a government.

Anything else would be a sham, and would be a slap in the face of the Thai voters.

PTP could put together a different majority coalition. They may be still weighing up the potential electoral consequences of ditching MFP. But right now they can afford to just wait and let the current process run its course. They're much cannier at the political game than MFP. Thaksin probably needs some kind of deal with Prawit to be able to come back safely but different factions of PTP are probably looking at their longer term political future.  

12 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Ah! Yes this is true. He has the support of the people and his coalition but not the support of the military senate. Complete farce manufactured by the junta. Question needs to be asked will Thailand always be dominated by the minority that sees the Three Pillars as an absolute or will the people raise up and demand change? Another coup will see this country go the way of Myanmar and my fear is this is what is planned.

Let us not exaggerate, the Myanmar model is in nobodies interest, certainly not the elites, that would be money destruction. Establishments the world over have had a thousand years of experience in control, in the West they just hide it better. Despite the two big revolutions in France and Russia money is still in control, if you have it you have influence, if not you can vote for the PR of control......a government which follows the lobbyists, corporations and markets who have the steering wheel in hand, only the three afore mentioned decide who is PM.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Do you expect a different result? Else it would be futile. 

Actually I think the result might be different in that the whole thing about 112 can be debated.

But more importantly by the time a new election can be set up and new vote for pm held there may not be a Senate to vote.  Remember that these clowns cease to exist as senators in may.

A caretaker government would have a lot of difficulty selecting a new one.

I also think that people may open their eyes.

Yes I am being optimistic.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Any unrest will be a serious concern for the new regime who just assumed the esteem role. The fear for him is that he may be ensnared into the politics and be blamed. He also fear that the unrest may snowball into his domain. 

And he needs to be more realistic, there's a couple of items that the military could roll out, have him charged and banned from any policical activty for 10 years or similar. 

Already been said, his well qulaified legal eagle colleagues should have done more work a couple of years ago to put the share item to bed forever. 

56 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And he needs to be more realistic, there's a couple of items that the military could roll out, have him charged and banned from any policical activty for 10 years or similar. 

Already been said, his well qulaified legal eagle colleagues should have done more work a couple of years ago to put the share item to bed forever. 

Against forum rule to mention the person I am referring. 

4 hours ago, Gandtee said:

But he was voted in. That is democracy. Non voters have no right to a say in anything they should have voted on.

No not HE was voted in. His party is the strongest but just 151 of 500 MPs. While the second has 141 (if I remember right). So there are several democratic majorities possible that are equal democratic....Everything that has a majority.

Of course the best would be if the strongest party has the PM, but it isn't a must. That he can't get the PM because of unelected Senators is really not looking good.

4 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Actually I think the result might be different in that the whole thing about 112 can be debated.

But more importantly by the time a new election can be set up and new vote for pm held there may not be a Senate to vote.  Remember that these clowns cease to exist as senators in may.

A caretaker government would have a lot of difficulty selecting a new one.

I also think that people may open their eyes.

Yes I am being optimistic.

I am sure 112 could be debated in good fate....but MFP said a few things that make some doubt the good fate of the MFP.

I am pretty sure any caretaker government would try to get their buddies installed as senators...best investment ever to win 250 free votes

12 hours ago, h90 said:

yes no one care......I have several customer who confuse Thailand with Taiwan....and ask me all the time if I am OK with all the tensions with China and the possible war....

That is about the global importance of Thailand.

Geography is not America's strong suit 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Said like a real bigot... 

Yes it sounds that way, but you are making a strawman to detract from the comment made. I found average USA people to be lacking in that respect too. One asked me 'Is it Winter in England too now?'....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1