General Prawit may emerge next week to clinch Prime Minister’s job due to a polarised parliament

webfact

13 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

Pravit elected as PM until recently seemed to be a remote possibility. Leading a minority government that can't pass anything through the house.

Unless .........

Remember the 2nd complaint accepted by the Charter Court?

Accusing MF of

"attempting to overthrow the democratic system with His Majesty the King as the Head of State".

It would not surprise me at all if the 

court rules in the affirmative, expels Pita and orders the dissolution of the Move Forward Party.

Problem solved!

Not so. The  existing MPs have 60 days to join a new party, as FF MPs joined MF when FF was dissolved.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

They don’t care.

This is typical of right wingers the world over - if they can’t get their own way, then blow up the system.

They always refer to the security of the nation. The standard: 'patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel'.

55 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The obvious candidate - as the OP states, an avuncular figure, well matured in service to the Nation. Some 40 years as an infantry officer - the very model of a lean mean steely eyed killer.

Yet also a man who çombines his martial ardour with cultivating many interests and hobbies, a man who studies even whilst engaged in perilous demanding missions in the service of his country - why even when deployed along the Cambodian/Thai border during the campaign to secure the area from the ravages of the Khmer Rouge he made time to develop a keen interest in matters as diverse as local forestry practices and the gemstone industry. More recently a discreet devotion to the classical arts of horology have become known, though as ever his modest and unassuming nature limits widespread discussion of his efforts in this field.

It would be unfortunate if the demands of political service preclude him from participating in the Disney Corporation's long planned remake of " The Wind in the Willows" for the South East Asian market!

A true polymath, a man of his times!

"Poop poop"!

Who will play Mole?  Or Ratty at Toad Hall?

( as a kid i read the original book bound at my dads factory where he worked, the Union, organized a coach that year for the kids, to London to watch the play. the actor who played Mole did so for around 50yrs I was around 11yr old. )

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Who will play Mole?  Or Ratty at Toad Hall?

( as a kid i read the original book bound at my dads factory where he worked, the Union, organized a coach that year for the kids, to London to watch the play. the actor who played Mole did so for around 50yrs I was around 11yr old. )

Wissanu a shoe in for Ratty.

Mole a creature of wisdom and experience - Prayut?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

They don't vote for PM, the army rigged that years ago, people favorable to the elite get to choose!

In the Western so-called democracy only the party who forms the Government chooses the PM albeit coalition  vote for the PM  but yes the unelected Thai  ex military Senators can control against the wishes of the vast majority of the population. How absolutely ridiculous and was not it framed and did people vote for it or did not understand or forced in to voting for it?
Unfortunately, like in the war mongering USA and UK they do whatever they want but on taxpayer money who keep the Elite and military  in their luxury plastic bubble world.
The politicians the World over are exactly the same pure scum and vermin and some newcomers come in with good intentions and then the systems which are rigged then have  3 line whipp.

46 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Possible worst scenario. Parliament will be unworkable, people will take to the streets and coup d'etat number 15 will be initiated. The people will fight back. Thailand will become another Myanmar. This will spell the end of Thailand as we know it.

It's seemed almost unbelievable just a few days ago, but it's possible. Fatty Watchbuckle at the head of a minority government with no power. 

Stalemate.

"This is what happens when you don't vote for the good people".

The traditional contempt for the Thai electorate by the elites and military to continue. 

If this happened, it would confirm what many think but don't say, that Thailand is just as much of a basket case as the rest of the countries in SEA, perhaps even more so, but with more bells and whistles. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

They don’t care.

This is typical of right wingers the world over - if they can’t get their own way, then blow up the system.

All of them in every country i the world be it right wing, right left centre forward THEY EXACTLY THE SAME PURE VERMIN AND SCUM!

Phalang Pracharath Party leader Gen Prawit Wongsuwan on Friday appointed Thammasat Prompao as party MP coordinator for the sake of "efficiency". Thammanat a former deputy minister of agriculture was once convicted of importing heroine to Australia

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1680036064839487490

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ross163103 said:

55555! So funny, he can hardly walk and asleep a lot of the time. Thailand going the way of the US and Biden! Besides that; another ex general in charge, no surprises there!

I am informed that the height requirement for the Thai military is 1-5 metres. He was only 1-47 in his prime.

Don't think the system is all that fair.

Nobody kwnows but a minority government is good for one year and the bill wiil come for many generals in a next few months and also if the MFP is in the opposition, the next election more votes and very dangerous for Pheu Tai.Rome also burned, it is history.Very bad situation for the new generation.

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phalang Pracharath Party leader Gen Prawit Wongsuwan on Friday appointed Thammasat Prompao as party MP coordinator for the sake of "efficiency". Thammanat a former deputy minister of agriculture was once convicted of importing heroine to Australia

Which heroine did he import?  "Sleeping Beauty" Prawit?

image.png.35dbe7ecab5f229fa1ca332e88e5127b.png

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

The Who precicted it long ago:

I'll tip my hat to the new Constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no

Yeah
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Very apt! Trouble is it looks like Thailand has been fooled again - I wonder what  Democracy will look like if this fat old toad gets to be PM?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

14 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Which heroine did he import?  "Sleeping Beauty" Prawit?

image.png.35dbe7ecab5f229fa1ca332e88e5127b.png

I can't imagine any "heroine" being interested in anything that the old guard have to offer except BBBBBBaht!

As for a Minister in Charge of Efficiency who better than someone who has changed his name after serving 4 years for a drug conviction? i.e.:-                                                    "Manat Bophlom, now known as Thamanat Prompow, was convicted of conspiring to import heroin to Australia. The ruling was handed down on 31 March 1994" when he was sentenced to six years imprisonment. "

With a Prime Minister who fails to declare his assets although legally bound to do so, and falls asleep asleep on the job, and a convicted drug felon in charge of "Efficiency" what could possibly go wrong? ????

"Even More Amazing Thailand"!!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Stuff like this serves as a stark reminder what this place really is underneath all the shopping malls and gogo bars.

And it will never change.

• Like 1