German expat in Thailand faces death penalty for premeditated murder

webfact

On 7/16/2023 at 2:50 AM, Hummin said:

Im not sure that would look good on Outlaws deliver him to the police in their own club house! What do you think? In that case, those Outlaws have to be quite dumb!

Why? He committed a major crime and tried to hide with the uninvolved motorcycle club? He had many choices of where to go without involving the MC.

This makes the whole MC look bad even though they had nothing to do with it.

So it was a good choice!!! Don't bring your private problems to the club!!!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 12:29 AM, spidermike007 said:

I have no issue with the use of the death penalty, as long as the evidence is iron clad, or there are multiple witnesses. However, it should be applied evenly. If it is applied to a foreigner, and not the locals, one could accuse the authorities of a rather xenophobic use of the law, considering how rarely it has been applied.

Theerasak Longji, 26, was executed by lethal injection at Bang Kwang Central Prison north of Bangkok in June of 2018. He was found guilty of murdering a 17-year-old boy in 2012, the department said. He was the seventh person to be executed by lethal injection since Thailand introduced the method in 2003 to replace execution by firing squad. Before Monday, the last people executed were two Thai drug dealers in 2009.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-prison-execution-idUSKBN1JF0G1

A country has a higher duty to its citizens than it does to foreign aliens. 

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if some Thai guy committed a murder on his holiday in your home city and the 2 choices were death penalty or house him in jail for life on your tax paying dime.

2 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

wonder if you'd feel the same way if some Thai guy committed a murder on his holiday in your home city and the 2 choices were death penalty or house him in jail for life on your tax paying dime.

Only the latter is possible in most countries.

3 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

A country has a higher duty to its citizens than it does to foreign aliens. 

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if some Thai guy committed a murder on his holiday in your home city and the 2 choices were death penalty or house him in jail for life on your tax paying dime.

Of course I would choose the death penalty, same as I would for this clown. There are acts a person can commit, which essentially self revoke the right to consume oxygen. No argument there.

On 7/15/2023 at 2:37 PM, Paris333 said:

Was he vaccinated for.....corona? Regardless of the joke, the German criminal after killing another German citizen will be extradited to Germany for trial and unfortunately not to Thailand...... He would have been sentenced to the death penalty in Thailand if he had killed a Thai citizen and not a German citizen. In Europe in 5 years he will be released from prison with mouthly permission wearing a cornet bracelet.....Congratulation to Thai Police for the investigation and immediatelly arrest.

I could be wrong, but I think that he will have to do time in Thailand for a number of years first, since the crime was committed in Thailand.  Then, he will do the rest of his time in Germany.

I have no idea how many years he will have to spend in jail in Thailand before being transferred to Germany. Anyone here knows that for sure ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quoted text from a Reporter..

...In concrete cells which hold up to 20 prisoners, space is limited and often prisoners have to sleep sitting up. During the summer months the heat is oppressive, during the rainy season the prison sewers regularly flood.

One's quality of life on the inside is dependent on cash gifts from the outside - from food to bed sheets, everything has its price. 

Edited by Reginald Prewster

On 7/16/2023 at 4:28 PM, jts-khorat said:

Here in Thailand, not the same squeamishness exists with regards to injury, death, or privacy. Very often, you can see the gruesome aftermath of accidents or murders in the news.

Actually, a very large part of the religion is meditating on one's own personal mortality, and on that of everybody else. It is just another, quite unavoidable step in the process of life.

While I might agree that such pictures will be upsetting for friends or family of the deceased, they are a simple reflection of the actual reality. I prefer this much to the overburdening protections of western nations, where a coddled public is becoming increasingly unfit for life without being in a constant 'safe space', protected from even the tiniest chance of a 'micro-agression'.

There exists the possibility of acting with personal responsibility, eg. not consuming media accounts where such pictures are likely.

In the case of Mack, he seems to not have been quite the innocent. Maybe reflecting on his business contacts a little bit more might have done a lot more to prevent his family from being subjected to pictures of the result, than censoring media afterwards (which does not imply, that he deserved to become a victim of violent crime, but sometimes people think clearly much too little about the possible consequences of their lifestyle with regard to the loved ones around them).

It still sucks though. He was not Thai so he probably does not want his pictures there. Get it?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
59 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

Anything more.?

For some reason there is rarely follow ups here in Thailand, which is strange as it generates boat loads of readers and that is how they make money.

Twenty odd years ago as a newbie I was at some function where the editor of a major local publication was present.

He was rounded upon by people asking we hear so often of criminals being arrested, but why do you never say  what happens next.?

His response was simple "I would be dead."

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

A post contravening the following Forum Rule has been removed:

42. You will not advertise, display, promote, review or endorse, directly or indirectly, the name or trademark of any alcoholic beverage. Such actions are potentially in contravention of Section 32 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act (2008).

On 8/4/2023 at 3:11 PM, Prince77 said:

This video sums up the story so far pretty good with some additional background information:

Every person involved was gangster larper scum. They transferred just $52,000 USD out of his accounts to Cambodia. That is chicken feed. 

They couldn't even manage to get rid of the body in time before they all got caught. 

The victim seemed to have the most money out of them all. He could have laid low and lived easy. But that wasn't exciting enough for him I guess