800000 BHT for immigration

Yes, the regs have not changed since 2016 when you joined T Visa/AN.

400 must be in the bank for all 12 months, another 400 must be in an account for three months after you get your Retirement Extension, and two months before your next renewal.

For Marriage it has to be 400k, which can be spent.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes, assuming you are talking a retirement extension, Bt800K two months before extension application and 3 months after application approval....then can drop down to Bt400K for next seven months if desired before needing to bump it up to Bt800K again for 5 months.  

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=874628&key=3ac22c8aa0266ccc9402b52fd4b76675

image.png.b83e48354187795866c74452bdf1d941.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

To add: for marriage and child, the 400K also does not need to come from abroad, only need in bank 2 months, you can even borrow it from someone.

The 800K does not need to come from abroad.

If doing an extension based on income it does.

• Confused 2

My dad is coming here and I am trying to organize him a retirement visa. Since when that 400,000 must remain in the bank account started? This was definitely not the case. What is the reasoning behind this keeping 400k in the account, apart from hoping that the person passes away and they keep the money. What happens if you take it out and then put back 800k prior to extension? Will they cancel your visa immediately or just not extend it next time?

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, sup3r1or said:

My dad is coming here and I am trying to organize him a retirement visa. Since when that 400,000 must remain in the bank account started? This was definitely not the case. What is the reasoning behind this keeping 400k in the account, apart from hoping that the person passes away and they keep the money. What happens if you take it out and then put back 800k prior to extension? Will they cancel your visa immediately or just not extend it next time?

Since about 2 years ago - see the link in Pib's post above. If you don't maintain it as per their requirement, expect to be refused an extension next time round.

Edited by Eff1n2ret
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Since about 2 years ago - see the link in Pib's post above. If you don't maintain it as per their requirement, expect to be refused an extension next time round.

Actually the deposit change went in effect 1 March 2019....over 4 years ago....time sure flies.   See below Jan 2019 AseanNow thread.

The link I posted earlier is a later police order that upped the medical insurance insurance requirement effective 1 Oct 2022 and this Oct 2022 police order also reflected the Bt800K deposit requirements from the Mar 2019 order.  Or said another way the Oct 2022 order pretty much superseded the earlier order(s). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sup3r1or said:

I expect one of the reasons for setting a Bt400K floor and requiring a Bt800K level 2 months before & 3 months after extension application was to help ensure a person has enough funds to live on year-round (what Immigration feels is enough funds for a farang) and did not just borrow Bt800K for a few days to get the extension.   After after those few days the person paid back/gave back the borrowed money and is possibly now back to only a few  baht in his Thai bank acct and living on much less.  And yea I know the short term Bt800K slight of hand is what some visa agents arrange....get immigration to bless.

What is suppose to happen if falling below the Bt800K during the 2 months below & 3 months after extension application along with following below Bt400K during the remaining 7 months is you have violated the terms of your extension and it could be immediately terminated and/or when applying for the next extension it would not be approved.  A person signs an immigration form notifying of such when processing an extension.

Now regarding arrangement of a visa for your father, there is an option where income is not required....see below post/thread talking Rule 2.20 Dependent Extension.

Edited by Pib

6 hours ago, Pib said:

What is suppose to happen if falling below the Bt800K during the 2 months below & 3 months after extension application along with following below Bt400K during the remaining 7 months is you have violated the terms of your extension and it could be immediately terminated and/or when applying for the next extension it would not be approved.  A person signs an immigration form notifying of such when processing an extension.

If you think about it, the "immediate" cancellation of the permission to stay does not occur when you drop below those limits. If it did, then people who accidentally had their account drop short (and had their next extension refused) would be regarded as on overstay, subject to a 500 baht per day fine, and blacklisted from Thailand. We know that, thankfully, that does not happen.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2023 at 1:32 PM, loong said:

The 800K does not need to come from abroad.

If doing an extension based on income it does.

Can the 800k come from a longstanding Thai savings account with no transactions in the last 12 months? It was salary from previous employment in Thailand and not inward foreign transfer. If it 'depends on the immigration office', then any advice on which ones do and don't work would be useful.

I would rather not move money out and back into Thailand. But if that's the only option, would a Wise USD holding account be the best way to do that based on lower buy-sell spreads and the inward remittance of the 800k showing up as FTT.

26 minutes ago, Bravehart said:

Can the 800k come from a longstanding Thai savings account with no transactions in the last 12 months

Yes it can.

For most immigration offices the funds having been in Thai bank account for several months would not require proof funds from abroad 

• Like 1