Nirun Condo low class ??

georgegeorgia

4 hours ago, proton said:

I would have to be drunk all day as well to live in that God forsaken hell hole Pattaya ????

There's plenty of things to do and see in Pattaya.

Perhaps venture out of Boy'z Town and see what else there is.

Lay of the booze.  Any place would be depressing being drunk 24/7.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, n00dle said:

Dear @georgiageorgia
You describe pattaya and the people who live there with such disdain, yet you are just another one of the hoi polloi -- wandering around the low rent condos, belly up to the bar at LK Metro and choking back discount breakfasts with the other lifers while talking about how the philipines offer better "bang" for your buck (and thats just the first page of your history). 

Go give the phils a try, see how you like it the squalor of Angeles.

I enjoyed a couple of decades of the squalor of Angeles. Back in the day it had a certain charm about it, apart from the ever present danger. Eventually it all changed and now I wouldn't want to go back there, even though I can live rent free there.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, newnative said:

Nirun condo roof over their heads and live in a nice climate like Thailand year-ro

Homeless people in the USA (mostly SF and Oakland, etc.) are in a better climate than Thailand and in a state whose GDP is more than the UK. They have more opportunities in the USA. They don't want a roof over their heads because they enjoy more freedom staying homeless. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

A American accent farang approaches me " what are you looking at ?

I said " I said the building here ,do they have lifts here?

He said " I wouldn't have a clue.

I said well " Why did you approach me ?

He then walked off

so the 'american accent farang' approached you for no apparent reason? 

haha, sounds like an episode of Twilight Zone. 

if it's a true story, consider yourself lucky.

you had some action.

people acting strange ... inexplicable behavior. 

a welcome break from the dull routine. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

An abandoned car, that's it?...how dreadful.   So you made up the rest of it about the shirtless drunk, the scrounging drunk, the phlegm-covered drunk, the threatening Yank, the if-looks-could-kill women then?

I doubt there are many established condo car parks without an abandoned car or motorcycle in them... probably a few owners have to make it back from Covid absence... if they survived. I know one guy with 3 cars  blocking prime spaces, two might as well be abandoned. . 

21 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

You posted in another thread that you had to share a table at Kilkenny the other night because it was so busy (and you were upset you had to "share with 2 drunk morons")

As Kilkenny bar has been closed for 6 months this thread has as much believabilty as your Kilkenny post 

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story stuff.

Rivetting eh.????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

No it's a BMW parked at the end of the road under the Nirun 

Is anyone going to go out to see why it's there please?

It's just past the swimming pool up on the ramp.

Alcohol, gambling etc has got these guys drinking in the street ,I really feel sorry for these guys living there 

Can someone do something about the car please !

People were not friendly in these places asking me to buy them alcohol 

Then don't go there and go somewhere else.

All the people I know that live there are Thai because it's cheap and close to where they work.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, newnative said:

"...I'm just drinking and doing the same old thing each time."   Your quote.  I don't think it's Pattaya that's the problem, I think it's you.  How would living anywhere else be any different, I wonder.  My partner and I used to also live in central Pattaya and we found plenty to do--and none of it involved drinking at a bar every night.   We were never bored with our lives living there.

Ditto for when we lived in south and central Jomtien, Pratamnak, and Wong Amat.  We are now living on the Darkside and its the same--we find plenty to do every day and are never bored.  In your rather short post you mention 'bars' four times, and nothing else.   If your life is a bar, oops, a bore, perhaps look to yourself and not the city you are in.

Like what? Temples? You left that important point out of your speech.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

There's plenty of things to do and see in Pattaya.

Perhaps venture out of Boy'z Town and see what else there is.

Lay of the booze.  Any place would be depressing being drunk 24/7.

He tried that already. Nothing but bars. Try again or not at all. Give some suggestions or there’s not plenty to do. Here’s a hint: he does not want to walk around the mall all day either.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You sound jaded with doing the same thing all the time, i like central Pattaya go every day for one thing or another, only drink one day a week in the walking st agogos. Find other things to do

But it’s always a big mystery. Your doing nothing but going to bars and drinking. Admit it. There’s nothing but bars there. You duck.

what is it about an abandoned BMW

18 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Has anyone saw the BMW yet abandoned with dust all over it?

If you drive past the swimming pool it's up on the ramp , is something going to be done  about that ?

The place needs cleaning up and if I was going to buy in the Nirun I will be on the building committee 

I just do not get why you are so interested in an abandoned vehicle?

Is it a fetish or are you just truly bored with your life.

• Haha 2

There are good and bad areas in every town and country, most of us know with a little research where to, and where not to go. Did you purposely seek this area out?

There are those down on their luck, there are those who didn't plan retirement properly, there are drunks. It's a large city in South East Asia, and along with that goes the good, the bad and the ugly.

You sound like a silly old man who walks around tut tutting at people that YOU BELIEVE do not reach your exacting standards  of how a person is to live and conduct themselves.

Live and let live.

When I am in the UK, I do not go into Wetherspoons establishments early because I know at 9am in the morning it will be busy with alcoholics, those on benefits, and the lame and lazy,

it is known for being that, so we avoid it.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Like what? Temples? You left that important point out of your speech.

What interests me is not important; focus on what your interests are, other than the bars.   But since you asked, here's some of what my partner and I do.  We have a gym membership at a resort on the beach and 3 times a week we drive into town and spend the morning there, then have lunch at a restaurant and do errands.  We like going to the movies.  We like trying new restaurants, sometimes with friends we know.  We like to take drives around the Pattaya area, seeing new things--and there is always something new. 

We like having family visit us and spending time with them.  We like to travel--our last trip was to Spain and Portugal and we hope to do a Fall trip.  We like finding interesting shops to discover, especially ones with Asian art and antiques and items from Japan, one of our favorite countries.           About once a month we spend time in Bangkok--nice to have a big city less than 2 hours away by a good 4-lane motorway.   My partner is still working and I will sometimes assist him with his work.  I like to read and enjoy mysteries and suspense novels. 

We are currently building a new house with a project developer and that has been taking a lot of our time this year.  It's been both fun and challenging as we've been in charge of the garden and the interior, selecting floor and wall tiles, drapes, designing the kitchen and built-ins, shopping for furniture, appliances, plants, etc.  

A typical evening might be dinner out at one of the many restaurants Pattaya has on offer, followed by a swim when we get home.  Then, maybe a Netflix movie or one of the entertaining Korean dramas--I recommend The Penthouse and The Glory as two we enjoyed.   

So far, I don't think we have hit a temple this year--but it's only August.  Perhaps a life that many would say is not their cup of tea--and that's all to the good.  Which brings me back to my first comment.  It's not what interests me, focus on your interests.  If you find you don't have enough, develop some.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/31/2023 at 9:10 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Went up to the Nirun condos recently,I'm Australian but it reminded me of that UK show Coronation street.

Farangs shirtless , sitting outside mom & pop type shops with bottles of beer at 10am.

As I walked past one shop ,all the Thai women shopkeepers I presume stare at you like what's a stranger in this area ?

Secondly as I'm walking slowly a drunken old farang approaches me wearing a Chang singlet he points to it , hey buddy hey ol friend you can buy me a Chang ?

I keep walking to the end of the road to see another farang sitting with beer bottle slumped against the wall with phlegm on his mouth 

I walked towards the end past their swimming pool to the car park ramp to see a very dusty abandoned BMW sitting there 

A American accent farang approaches me " what are you looking at ?

I said " I said the building here ,do they have lifts here?

He said " I wouldn't have a clue.

I said well " Why did you approach me ?

He then walked off 

I keep walking to see people staring at me like I'm a stranger in town 

Terrible place and I won't buy there 

Flybird might be better though I haven't looked 

You state that you are Australian.

Well, you should feel quite at home in the Nirun and its car wrecks. Go to any country town or city suburb in Oz and you'll find the alcoholics queuing up in the morning for the pubs to open. You'll be accosted by all kinds of drunk or sober weirdos. Add in the convict-gene criminality at all hours of the day, anywhere and everywhere. Car wrecks all over the place. A collection of old Holdens and P76s. A clapped out third world country where wages and rents are paid and collected on a forthnightly basis because the populace can't be relied on budgeting for an entire month ..... lol. Go home, mate, to where you belong. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1