Pizza in Jomtien

mike111

3 hours ago, bbko said:

Subjective question, one man's best pizza is another man's cheese flap.

For me the best Jomtien pizza is on 2nd road, Frankie's Inn, delicious Neapolitan pizza.

Forgot about that option. Good reviews in general. 

5 hours ago, bbko said:

delicious Neapolitan pizza.

The real stuff ????Not the thick "cheese filled crust" degeneration.

And don't ask for pizza Hawaii ????

Edited by KhunBENQ
Filled
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

The real stuff ????Not the thick "cheese filled crust" degeneration.

And don't ask for pizza Hawaii ????

To be honest, I haven’t ever had any thing here that closely resembled what I ate in Naples. 
Frankie’s looks good, though I haven’t actually visited to try. I would eat regularly here; https://www.pizzeriadaattilio.com/ in Naples. 

11 hours ago, couchpotato said:

The information on the Naples Pizza certainly helps the 'Pizza in Jomtien' thread!

Do they deliver on Grab.

Yes, it does. It gives you an idea of a top class pizza from Naples might look. Frankie’s doesn’t look too far away from that, so worth a try. 

2 hours ago, mike111 said:

Thanks for info.

Not trying to sound like a cheap Charlie but do you tip the Grab/Panda delivery couriers? or is the delivery service already included so tipping is not expected?.

Up to you. But round up if you can. So if order is 150 including delivery but you have 160 in notes, don’t wait for the change. It will be appreciated. If you give 20 baht even better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NextG said:

To be honest, I haven’t ever had any thing here that closely resembled what I ate in Naples. 
Frankie’s looks good, though I haven’t actually visited to try. I would eat regularly here; https://www.pizzeriadaattilio.com/ in Naples. 

Try the Pizza Margharita at Hops, Beach Road, Pattaya. The best in Thailand.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PaulDee said:

Try the Pizza Margharita at Hops, Beach Road, Pattaya. The best in Thailand.

How do you know it is "The best in Thailand."

Have you tasted Pizzas from every Pizza shop in Thailand or do you have a link to a well regarding Poll?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mike111 said:

Thanks for info.

Not trying to sound like a cheap Charlie but do you tip the Grab/Panda delivery couriers? or is the delivery service already included so tipping is not expected?.

These drivers really get screwed on how much they get from the delivery... a tip would go a long way towards the condition of your next delivery!

13 hours ago, mike111 said:

Thanks for info.

They don't demand a tip like Americans but they are very underpaid so suggest tipping. A typical local tip is 20 to 40 baht. 30 is a good tip. Don't consider percentage of bill. Consider the length of the ride, rain, big load, etc. If they have done multiple deliveries and bring cold food maybe don't tip.

Edited by Jingthing

On 8/2/2023 at 6:14 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

Still there, went yesterday. Just as good as ever, pity about the parking, though, it's become very busy thereabouts.

• Thanks 2

Your taste in pizza is informed by where you grew up.  I grew up in New York so I'm not gonna touch half the pizzerias mentioned here.

And I'll only eat Neapolitan if there isn't a good NY option around.  That said, the best pizza for me is Oregano off 2nd Road or Marco's 

on Thappraya.  Of course, the absolute best is Bronx Pizza on Soi Bukhao in Pattaya but since this is only about Jomtien, they are an outlier.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Henryford said:

DOM, Pratamnack Soi 5, would be my choice as the best. Also try Hemmingways for their Pizza night, Monday i think, 199 baht any pizza.

I don't like either of those especially Hemingways.

My top choices in Jomtien are Frankies and Marcos.

Still mourning the loss of Pizza Art which had some of the best pizza I've ever had anywhere (Neopolitan).

For me the taste and texture of the crust is paramount. 

I think there is good pizza to be had in the different styles as well but not necessarily locally.

Believe it or not there is Philadelphia style and I first sampled that in Atlanta and it was fantastic. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1