Are you reliving your youth in Thailand?

bignok

7 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Try it and see if you like it. Responsibility should be what happens to other people, not you.

It was withan question mark, I had my 19 years experience, and done with it at 36.

23 hours ago, Nemises said:

Own a car, travelling around the country continuously, bonking everything (with respectable jobs) that moves. 

I'll put that suggestion to my wife, I'm not holding out much hope though.

My second post here was can you live in Thailand on $8K a month? Like, what would that be like? Tremendous anger. One guy said I'd likely end up kidnapped or (real quote) "with a bullet in my head".

More outrage than usual from the English. It's against their religious to ever state a number.

Just now, Neeranam said:

Why get married anywhere?

If you want to export a Thai it is easier to get a visa. But you are right. A gf is just better

If you stop eating at the restaurant you dont lose half your assets.

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Why get married in Thailand. Like going to a restaurant and ordering the same dish everyday.

Then you know nothing about evolving together and grow, same as things in the bedroom also evolve with the feelings for each other. Takes two, and it takes a bit chemistry and work, and willing to do the work. But I expect no understanding from those who have not experienced themselves. 

Waking up and feel in love and be loved is great even it sometimes feels like this is it, and turn it back to day one again just by a smile, and both accept they are wrong and better than this. 

Sounds cliche, but it is possible if both is willing to meet on neutral ground.

Edited by Hummin

Just now, Hummin said:

Then you no nothing about evolving together and grow, same as things in the bedroom also evolve with the feelings for each other. Takes two, and it takes a bit chemistry and work, and willing to do the work. But I expect no understanding from those who have not experienced themselves. 

Waking up and feel in love and be loved is great even it sometimes feels like this is it, and turn it back to day one again just by a smile, and both accept they are wrong and better than this. 

Sounds cliche, but it is possible if both is willing to meet on neutral ground.

Been there done that. The spark wore off after 12 years.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

If you want to export a Thai it is easier to get a visa. But you are right. A gf is just better

If you stop eating at the restaurant you dont lose half your assets.

There are other reasons for getting married -  I got married as some things were easier for the kids, and also I got Thai citizenship through being married. 

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Been there done that. The spark wore off after 12 years.

Well at least you experienced it. How is it when you think back at it? I regretted every day I did let go on one in my earlier days, but I was young and egoistic. This time Im in for it as long it lasts, and hopefully she is to, which I believe

Just now, Hummin said:

Well at least you experienced it. How is it when you think back at it? I regretted every day I did let go on one in my earlier days, but I was young and egoistic. This time Im in for it as long it lasts, and hopefully she is to, which I believe

It was great mostly. I just lost interest after that. Different ideas. I regret not getting married at 21 and having kids then with somebody else. Too late now. 

Anywhere the new gf who knows. We might have a kid. 

38 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

I never had anything in my youth that was remotely similar to Thailand. If the best I could do was relive my twenties, I would just as soon stay in the USA.

My teens, 20s, 30s and 40s in USA were excellent.  Actually a bit better than here, TH, when single.  2nd wife here. 17+yrs, has been excellent, as have the rest of the 40s, 50s & 60s here.  No doubt, I've been blessed.

Only came here for a change of scenery, and cost of living.  Starting to get a bit bored over there.  Been there, done that syndrome, nothing else interested me in USA.

Along with not wanting to be any part of the new invade and occupy decades to come.  Damn embarrassing.

Edited by KhunLA

On 8/2/2023 at 7:08 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I am a baby boomer and had no drugs, sex or booze in my younger days. Too busy working for that.

On what I earned I couldn't afford drugs, tobacco or booze and nice girls didn't ( I only knew nice girls ).

I think thats true for a lot of us that grew up in the 60/70's.

There is a perception that it was all sex, drugs and rock n roll.

That may well have been true in the urban areas, but for a lot us in rural area's society was still pretty much the same as it was in the 50's.

Now I'm talking from an American perspective, but talking to Brits and other Europeans I think that was pretty much the same for them too.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2023 at 5:27 PM, bignok said:

Alcohol is 2nd rate or 3rd rate in Thailand. Drinking that stuff each day isnt much of an achievement or interesting.

Why does it need to be an achievement? Why does it have to be interesting? Can´t it just be easy and relaxing?