Do you have 10 year goals?

bignok

On 8/6/2023 at 12:26 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I want to be dead in 10 years.
Absolutely no desire to be sent to some awful old persons institution.

You’re going to need assisted living. Living in your room or sitting in a wheelchair in the garden (if you can afford a place with a garden!). The places are full of people who never wanted to end up there. They found out they were not special. They were just like everyone else. Things could be worse they say, but no cries about it being great. Things could also be better (especially the food!).

Maintain what I have, health, wife, farm, animals, and continue to have two feet in my orign country and Thailand. If not possible, make a healthy choice for both of us where the future looking most promissing. 

But if you look at my end of 60'ies, beginning of 70'ies I would be moving out from Isaan if not moved out because of heat or other reasons I have no control over. 

Right now life is good, and satisfied with what I have. 

On 8/5/2023 at 10:36 PM, Furioso said:

Oh yes, I have ONE major ten year goal, and that's to stay healthy. Other goals are to stay friendly, positive, be there for my friends, try to make someone smile everyday. Be thankful for everything. 

I give you 10 thumbs up for that  

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nope. Just take it day by day and normally just do what I want when I want. No goals required. If I want (or need) something or want to go somewhere, I just buy it or travel there. Why wait until 10 years onIt's a nice space to occupy. ????

Fair enough too. Do whatever works for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2023 at 6:52 PM, bignok said:

Neeram wants to drive a tuk tuk.

Anybody else got long term goals?

I want to pick up bottles and cans along the side of the road - but I think I am getting too old for that... maybe I am getting too old for ten year goals?? Got anything in a 3 year? 

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I want to pick up bottles and cans along the side of the road - but I think I am getting too old for that... maybe I am getting to old for ten year goals?? Got anything in a 3 year? 

3 weeks ok for you?

On 8/6/2023 at 12:26 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I want to be dead in 10 years.

It can be arranged. :tongue: we also offer huge discounts on our five year plan. 

and a bring a friend for half price. 

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2023 at 10:36 PM, Furioso said:

Oh yes, I have ONE major ten year goal, and that's to stay healthy. Other goals are to stay friendly, positive, be there for my friends, try to make someone smile everyday. Be thankful for everything. 

How awful

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2023 at 8:03 PM, bob smith said:

No, but I have 10 minute goals.

Like in 10 minutes from now im gonna get another beer out the fridge.

Then probably another one 10 minutes after that.

It kinda works for me.

Yeah, about 2,5-3h´s 

16 hours ago, JimTripper said:

You’re going to need assisted living. Living in your room or sitting in a wheelchair in the garden (if you can afford a place with a garden!). The places are full of people who never wanted to end up there. They found out they were not special. They were just like everyone else. Things could be worse they say, but no cries about it being great. Things could also be better (especially the food!).

If it's not of natural causes there are alternatives.

I visited my father in one of those places not long before he died. The food was vile, and that was in a better than average place. I had to take him out to a restaurant for a decent meal.

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I'm 65 and have a 20-year-old son...

Depending on other people to fulfill one's dreams is IMO not a good idea as one is likely to be disappointed.

I assume my father wanted me to continue his blood line, but that was never going to happen, and the line dies with me.

• Love It 1

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it's not of natural causes there are alternatives.

I visited my father in one of those places not long before he died. The food was vile, and that was in a better than average place. I had to take him out to a restaurant for a decent meal.

Order in

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Depending on other people to fulfill one's dreams is IMO not a good idea as one is likely to be disappointed.

I assume my father wanted me to continue his blood line, but that was never going to happen, and the line dies with me.

My mate is on pension. He goes to Thailand every few months. I dont know why you cant.

21 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

I would like to be a burden on the Australian government 

I have been to the USA, for 20+ yrs, and pretty sure I got back most taxes that I payed.   Happy with the thought, I didn't support that terrorist state's foreign policy with my taxes.

Hopefully another 10 yrs of being a blight on society.

I have no 10 years goals but still looking ahead:

I bought a farm last year turning 60 years of age for a scary reason:

My Grand Grand Father became 77 and his wife 79

My Grand father became 86 and his wife 89

My Father became 93 and Mum is still alive

I assume the fast developing medicine makes it working to get older...

Looking back on my grocery bills I must admit that my anchestors had a bloody cheap life and the pension increasement was the last 10 years a toothpick in a bonfire compared to the increasing food prices...

To not think what happens in 10-30 years but I am worried if my pension still last for a bag potatoes an fried chicken and a leo?

If I don't make it so long, I still can be of good use around my fruit trees to boost the harvest for my kids, can I? 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You showed, him...

In any evert, the topic is not what are your dreams, but what are your 10-year goals.

Pretty much all of my dreams have come true. 

Edited by Yellowtail