Move Forward Told To Field Prawit In Race Against Srettha For Premiership

webfact

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

No questions, it seems, Prawit will be PM, ....the senate don't like or want Stretta....their instruction is to approve Prawit.

I hope this is not the case, and we'll see soon.

no kidding sherlock - the (military) senate will not vote for anyone unless they have a uniform, the senate is at odds with the people, I fully expect a coup coming soon - thai democracy in the toilet again

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

“Just thinking about it playfully is already fun,” he said.

Had to pick my lower jar up from the floor after reading that. The scary thing is that these people occupy positions of great power, but they’re dumber than a bag of rocks. Thailand is so screwed….

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

I don't think all the others really understand what mfp is? It's a new young leader that's thinking like a candidate should think.  For the people by the people in an honest true way.  Well as much is as possible.  After all,   a PM cannot affect a whole country 100% positively.  There still will be corrupt people hidden amongst the trees. 

They understand totally who and what the MFP is they also understood 4 years ago as they underminded the party then and now.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

no kidding sherlock - the (military) senate will not vote for anyone unless they have a uniform, the senate is at odds with the people, I fully expect a coup coming soon - thai democracy in the toilet again

So I take it, you think Prawit is not in uniform.....has retired his commission from the army? He hasn't. He is still a general. 

15 hours ago, Artisi said:

Could be good for a laugh to see how the military appointed senate treats one of their own.

Would they our could they put MFP into power - a major conundrum for them. 

MFP should do it just for fun. 

Anyone remember who chuvit said would be PM.

So far his batting average has been good.

I still think it would be a neat trick.  The question then becomes who is BJT going to suck up to we know PPRP will support the vote for prawit.  Prayut will support prawit

MFP declines to vote.

Senate has to support the hand that fed it.

Bye bye PT.

Not only did you lose your first election but you lose the ability t form the government.

The man in Dubai will not be smiling 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smedly said:

A coup of one type or another. 

That would be my guess as well. 

Tradition. 

23 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Actually this idea has some merit.  First prawit would have no power in the house. Second it would really hurt PT and put them as just that party that lost with no power in the house as MFp will be the opposition.

Oh yeah and thaksin can take his home in Dubai off the market.  He won't be coming back soon 

you seem to forget he's the one that helped rig the deck and could garner enough votes to win.

4 minutes ago, Dan O said:

you seem to forget he's the one that helped rig the deck and could garner enough votes to win.

To win the vote for PM yes but in the house is a different thing.  

Once in power he would have a severe minority government that MFP could topple at will dependng on how bad Thaksin wants to try to resurrect his party.

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

To win the vote for PM yes but in the house is a different thing.  

Once in power he would have a severe minority government that MFP could topple at will dependng on how bad Thaksin wants to try to resurrect his party.

Short of a coup (which based on his military presence wouldn't happen) not sure how you would topple him and deal with the continual mess he could make while in power if he gets there

11 hours ago, Dan O said:

Short of a coup (which based on his military presence wouldn't happen) not sure how you would topple him and deal with the continual mess he could make while in power if he gets there

Considering that he would not have a majority MFP would just put forward a vote of non confidence 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Considering that he would not have a majority MFP would just put forward a vote of non confidence 

I think thats where your wrong. He would get all the appointed senators votes and enough of the trough eaters to pull a win

10 hours ago, Dan O said:

I think thats where your wrong. He would get all the appointed senators votes and enough of the trough eaters to pull a win

The Senate does not take part in the vote of no-confidence. A majority of House of Representatives is enough to pass such a vote and to terminate any minister or even all of them. Section 151 of the Constitution. It's one of the reasons why having a minority government in Thailand is pretty much unworkable. The House can block any bills or remove the ministers.

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

The Senate does not take part in the vote of no-confidence. A majority of House of Representatives is enough to pass such a vote and to terminate any minister or even all of them. Section 151 of the Constitution. It's one of the reasons why having a minority government in Thailand is pretty much unworkable. The House can block any bills or remove the ministers.

MF would need the backing of other parties.

It also assumes that there will be no defections .

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I guess you didnt read what I wrote. I never said they participate in a no confidence vote. I said he can pull all their votes along with enough others that have backed him in the past to get elected PM. Try to keep up

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

I guess you didnt read what I wrote. I never said they participate in a no confidence vote. I said he can pull all their votes along with enough others that have backed him in the past to get elected PM. Try to keep up

You wrote in response and quoting a post that said MFP would put forward a vote of no-confidence. In your reply you said they would get the senators to ensure a win. The point that you are missing I think is that yes they can pull the senators to get a win for PM with a minority in the House but what after that? A no-confidence quickly kills that. Not sure why you are so passive aggresive in your reply.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

You wrote in response and quoting a post that said MFP would put forward a vote of no-confidence. In your reply you said they would get the senators to ensure a win. The point that you are missing I think is that yes they can pull the senators to get a win for PM with a minority in the House but what after that? A no-confidence quickly kills that. Not sure why you are so passive aggresive in your reply.

I never said a no confidence vote would be put forward, i was responding to someone else that posted that.  My reply was about him winning as PM if he were nominated which was the original posting. You jumped in to the middle of the postings

As for a no confidence vote, it would need to pass and I highly doubt he would lose a no confidence vote.  Just my opinion on someone else's hypothetical scenario that would never happen to begin with. Not passive aggressive at all

What a banana republic with no leadership at all, anywhere. 

The voters have spoken but the oligarch elite, the dinosaurs and the rest of the crooked clan try their very best to utterly disregard their electorate. 

I hope that all of them are aware, that this will backfire big, big time - sooner or later - but it will. They seed gunpowder literally everywhere; get ready for a bumpride into the 21st century without all this fanfare, asresikking and bribing 8-) 

On 8/16/2023 at 7:27 AM, Dan O said:

You are looking at the wropng picture.  Just becaus he is appointed PM does not mean he controls the House.  The senate yes but things have to go through the house first.  The only control that the Senate has is this vote and they can talk about things tht the house passes.

Once the PM is selected then it is up to the 500 house members to vote adnpass legislation.

There are no senators in the house it is only those elected in the past election so NFP would control a great deal of what happens along with PT and then BJT  
BUT technically a jint motion but PT and MFP of nonconfidence then the house is disolved adn we are back to elections.  The senate has o say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

You are looking at the wropng picture.  Just becaus he is appointed PM does not mean he controls the House.  The senate yes but things have to go through the house first.  The only control that the Senate has is this vote and they can talk about things tht the house passes.

Once the PM is selected then it is up to the 500 house members to vote adnpass legislation.

There are no senators in the house it is only those elected in the past election so NFP would control a great deal of what happens along with PT and then BJT  
BUT technically a jint motion but PT and MFP of nonconfidence then the house is disolved adn we are back to elections.  The senate has o say.

All hypothetical scenerios that would never happen.

No, the Senators dont vote in the House on bills but I believe if Im not mistaken that the unelected Senators have the ability to block the passing of bills of the House on a variety of bills including no confidence votes.

Aside from that when was the last no confidence vote that passed in Thailand. Any ever pass?????

Edited by Dan O
spelling

30 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No, the Senators dont vote in the House on bills but I believe if Im not mistaken that the unelected Senators have the ability to block the passing of bills of the House on a variety of bills including no confidence votes.

Senators of course don't vote in the House. They vote as part of the Senate on joint sittings in the National Assembly. They do have to vote and approve bills after they pass the House so they can veto them. The one example you brought with no-confidence vote is one of the few where the Senate can *not* block the House.

16 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Senators of course don't vote in the House. They vote as part of the Senate on joint sittings in the National Assembly. They do have to vote and approve bills after they pass the House so they can veto them. The one example you brought with no-confidence vote is one of the few where the Senate can *not* block the House.

I believe they can block it and have seen nothing to say they can not.  It doesn't matter either way.  This scenario would never happen so for people to continue to try to argue the finer points of Thai politics as an outsider is a waste of time.

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

I believe they can block it and have seen nothing to say they can not.  It doesn't matter either way.  This scenario would never happen so for people to continue to try to argue the finer points of Thai politics as an outsider is a waste of time.

Please tell me where in the constitution is says that the Senate can block a no-confidence vote or that they take part in said vote. The rules are stipulated in Section 151 of the Constitution. Section 156 which stipulates the cases under which a join session of the National Assembly is required don't list anything regarding no-confidence votes.

10 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Please tell me where in the constitution is says that the Senate can block a no-confidence vote or that they take part in said vote. The rules are stipulated in Section 151 of the Constitution. Section 156 which stipulates the cases under which a join session of the National Assembly is required don't list anything regarding no-confidence votes.

There were a few no confidence debates and votes in the last Parliament.

In fact Pheu Thai prevented MF from grilling Pravit by not giving them enough allocated time .