How much monthly salary should you pay for rescuing a bar girl?

Goat

Personally I don't give the wife a salery.

I look after day to day expenses, she looks after the farm and makes her pocket money.

Two Young kids. Nine and 18 months.

So far (12 year) not so bad.

I ain't got a lot of money and wife still stands by me.

I'm 65 this year, lovey will be 32 next week. You just have to be lucky sometimes.

I first met wife when she was a dancer at 19. Never really paid a salery in all these years.

I was ready to commit, makes a hell of a difference IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Goat said:

That is only if the woman doesnt earn close or the same as you. I am not sure why many men are conditioned into believing they have to pay for women? Lack of self confidence or something?

The real reason is that if a man atrracts a lot of women he is considered a stud. And it hs a positive effect on his brain. He becomes more knowledgable and smarter.

If the woman sluts around then she is a slut. It brain damages them.

A huge difference mate.

Frankly, I am not sure if that analysis is based on social conditioning, or if it is just wrong and  defective. I know alot of sexually active women, who I think are very well adjusted. I also know some very sexually active men who are totally messed up in the head. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Well,  I was making about 15k a month while my ex was earning about 2.5k, both our salaries were paid into our joint account. Feel better now?..

No, I will never understand why anyone wishes to pay for a girlfriend. Hardly surprising so many have come to expect it.

I can tell you its rare amongst younger guys - I have 2 female Thai friends in their 30's, both dating foreigners and and both have good jobs. They tell me that when they go out for meals etc. - its 50/50. One struggles with that sometimes - I told her to dump her bf.????

28 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I can tell you its rare amongst younger guys

Sometimes I have that feeling that these younger guys aren't real men anymore.. I am glad I am a boomer, even though that compared to me my dad was an absolute giant.

Edited by Ben Zioner

On 8/13/2023 at 11:47 PM, Ben Zioner said:

Why a bar girl? Any Thai lady may need some financial support. My wife was working in one of those tour agencies in Patong when I met her, and was making up to 30k a month.  In those years  I was making around 20k USD a  month, so I thought a monthly allowance of 50k Baht was ok.

And to reassure @scubascuba15 years later we  are still together and had very decent sex last night.

cool but what is decent sex?

On 8/18/2023 at 2:43 PM, seajae said:

There are so many really nice ladies with good paying jobs that want to meet decent men

:cheesy:

I'm sure there are loads of well off nice Thai ladies that are just dying to have sex with old bald fat farangs, but I must have missed them every time.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 5:24 PM, xylophone said:

Because stopping the spread of STI/STDs is something that we should all try to contribute to, and as I said earlier, passing a disease onto another could well ruin their lives.

And if a male is unlucky he could well get bacteria/organisms which lodge in the prostate and which become almost incurable, so he is destined to have a life of pain from prostatitis – – just trying to be a responsible citizen, but like another has said, not a lot of traction with common sense on this thread.

Taking a lead from your post, "each to their own", one could well argue the same case with an infectious disease which someone doesn't get treated and passes it on to someone else – – does that become, "that person's business?".

I remember being scolded during the covid mask thing that I wasn't being considerate of others for not wearing a mask. Seems sex is different for some posters.

19 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

No, I will never understand why anyone wishes to pay for a girlfriend. Hardly surprising so many have come to expect it.

I can tell you its rare amongst younger guys - I have 2 female Thai friends in their 30's, both dating foreigners and and both have good jobs. They tell me that when they go out for meals etc. - its 50/50. One struggles with that sometimes - I told her to dump her bf.????

Wait till you are older. The river will dry up.

Fat old bald farang guys are just not attractive without a fat wallet.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I am older (60+) and I am bald (although I don't see what being bald has to do with it.  Yes, I get a lot of young Thai females that are only interested in money - I weed them out - I'm far from a newbie so its not difficult to spot them. I also make it clear to any girl that I arrange to meet that if I wanted to pay, I'd simply go to Sukhumvit.

I wouldn't say that young females are as plentiful as they were when I was below 50 but I can honestly say that since getting divorced, I'm having a ball and have dated quite a few girls between 19 and 35 in the last few months and there's at least a couple more in my inbox every day.  Apart from drinks and the odd dinner, I haven't paid for anything and I have no intention of doing so.

Perhaps you should change your list of faults from Fat, Old, Bald  to 'if you're older and haven't looked after yourself you'll need a large wallet'?

I don't expect this to go on forever but I'll take it whilst it lasts.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One thing I noted during growing up, was that some girls didn’t bother to try to develop any positive character traits, as they could get by on their looks and a bit of guile. I didn’t waste my time on those. I left them to the guys seeking an ego trip. As long as they had a pretty girl on their arm. 
Extrapolate that to now and it’s the same people doing the same thing, living the same life. Only now they don’t look good anymore. 
I decided to not depend on my looks and instead to develop positive character traits. Not ever utilising money or influence in my relationships. So now I have relationships that don’t depend on money nor who I might know or what I might do. Solid. 

Taking advantage of desperate people is not a way to live. 

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I provide a wage, accomodation, transport, education and a pension for my long-term employees.

Hardly 'taking advantage'.

You have a family unit and good intentions, regardless of the facade you try to present here ????

I’m referring to the people who ‘take advantage’…

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/14/2023 at 11:01 PM, ericthai said:

are you using a bot???

none of your answers make any sense.

Some people will say anything in order to reply, even if it makes no sense, as long as it seems like it's contradictory or feels like a rebuttal.

This chap's a bit of a troll who writes nonsense a lot, so when asked to explain something, he clearly finds it difficult and then insults people.  Obviously it's easier to just say "What would you know?  You're X."  than to try and explain something which you cannot (or for which doing so makes you look foolish).

It's fun to look for logical fallacies in comments:

30HPR9p.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 11:39 AM, Goat said:

Er. Um. One of the dumbest posts i have ever seen.

Tell me, if they were practicing safe sex how would the pregnancy even occur.

I thought he was asking if the un-born can practice safe sex !!

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2023 at 2:43 AM, seajae said:

hahahahaha, how much to pay a bar girl to play hide the sausage, what a joke seeing she wil be playing with many other sausages while fleecing you, I suppose old farts need to pay young girls to stoke their ego and Thailand is the perfect place for it. There are so many really nice ladies with good paying jobs that want to meet decent men but these idiots lack the ability to associate with anyone other than bar girls because they can be bought very easily without having to do anything other than buy a drink, so pathetic.

You seem to be making an assumption that all bargirls are bad, and all non-bargirls are as pure as the driven snow.

That 'good girl' may well have had a few dozen partners and will angle for money, but plays the coy ingenue well enough to fool you.

Each person is an individual and should be judged on her own merits. I did not grow up dirt poor in Isaan with a miserable parasitic extended family who knows how to exploit filial piety, so far be it for me to judge a working girl.

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

I'm sure there are loads of well off nice Thai ladies that are just dying to have sex with old bald fat farangs, but I must have missed them every time.

Well put.  I think some people live in a fantasy world when it comes to meeting women!

• Thanks 1

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Well put.  I think some people live in a fantasy world when it comes to meeting women!

Without any evidence a poster can claim anything, of course, so I always take any claims of farangs having free sex with well off non prostitute Thai women with a very large pile of salt.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, actonion said:

Pay her nothing, no doubt she will  be living, rent/food,/ and most other household expenses free, so she wants spending  money, go get a  job, and earn it

Before moving them in, find out how much they were paying for rent/food/electric/water/etc etc and add that into you calculation if you choose to sling her a monthly wedge.

Met a nice lady... wanted to move in and me give her 15k a month lol.

With rent/electric/water/food her monthly outgoings were 9k a month....Told her that as she would now be pocketing that outlay instead of spending it I would give her 6k a month making up her total of 15k.

she told me to go fornicate with myself !!

• Sad 1