How much monthly salary should you pay for rescuing a bar girl?

Goat

2 hours ago, Goat said:

Thanks for all your posts on this thread.

Which again is the most popular thread of the week going on 20 pages which is average for the GOAT.

I havent seen any thread you start go past 4 pages.

My pleasure................????

Dunno about the 4 page thingy, near 17 years and 80,000 posts there may have been... ????

But, I don't start baiting threads for the reply's that you are looking for, I leave that to others...........????

59 minutes ago, transam said:

My pleasure................????

Dunno about the 4 page thingy, near 17 years and 80,000 posts there may have been... ????

But, I don't start baiting threads for the reply's that you are looking for, I leave that to others...........????

OMG, do you have a social life apart from social media? 

IMG_20230817_180130.jpg

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

OMG, do you have a social life apart from social media? 

IMG_20230817_180130.jpg

Eeeeeeeeeeeer, you have posted the number of likes we have............????

But other than that, I joined the forum nearly 17 years back, you can do the maths.......:stoner:

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Eeeeeeeeeeeer, you have posted the number of likes we have............????

But other than that, I joined the forum nearly 17 years back, you can do the maths.......:stoner:

It got all the stats, your likes, your number of postings and date joined. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/14/2023 at 4:47 AM, Ben Zioner said:

Why a bar girl? Any Thai lady may need some financial support. My wife was working in one of those tour agencies in Patong when I met her, and was making up to 30k a month.  In those years  I was making around 20k USD a  month, so I thought a monthly allowance of 50k Baht was ok.

And to reassure @scubascuba15 years later we  are still together and had very decent sex last night.

Your girlfriend as she was was making 30k per month 15 years ago - a salary that is more than most Thai girls get today yet you felt the need to 'support' her? I just don't get why so many guys go to Thailand, meet a girl and feel the need to give them money.

Did you ever have a girlfriend in your home country? If so did you give them an 'allowance' too?

Edited by MangoKorat

2 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Did you ever have a girlfriend in your home country? If so did you give them an 'allowance' too?

Well,  I was making about 15k a month while my ex was earning about 2.5k, both our salaries were paid into our joint account. Feel better now?..

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If there's no symptoms, why would i care?

At 67 I don't really care if I live any longer.

Crossing the road in Thailand is more dangerous than most STDs.

If you want to live life as a frightened little girl, that's up to you.

Absolutely unbelievable.........spreading an STI/STD around is ok with you?? You don't care about giving it to others?? Despicable.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Absolutely unbelievable.........spreading an STI/STD around is ok with you?? You don't care about giving it to others?? Despicable.

With seeing your post only in the new content page, I knew already to which troll you were replying.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Spreading what around? An STD he has no symptoms of??

I get that things can be asymptomatic, but why is he morally obligated to get tested for this reason?

That's putting the cart before the horse.

And how can others magically get it from him anyway? Have they never heard of safe sex? Or abstinence?

What you are basically saying is:

He is morally obligated to be periodically tested (without symptoms) to prevent transmission of hypothetical asymptomatic infection to others -- whom are willing to recklessly practice unsafe sex with him?

People have such irrational standards for STDs.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have to know you have it to get cured. Early symptoms are painless and once they go away I believe it's incurable. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Yes, you are wrong. Syphilis can be cured in all stages.

I think you may be getting mixed up with the stages in which it can/cannot be passed on to others: 

After the early symptoms go away, you cannot pass it on to others, as it is only transmittable when the infectious primary and secondary lesions are present (within first year)

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Herpes can't be cured with antibiotics.

This is correct - as it is a virus, not a bacteria.

Edited by FruitPudding

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

and what if u give some nasty disease to a young thai girl that has many years left to live?  do you not care about that at all?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

i usually take antibiotics 3-4x a year (usually for infected insect bites).

Haven't caught herpes, despite living with 2 girls that had it.

Guess I'm just lucky.

Just lucky, so far. You don't say if you had sex with them though, or if it was sexually transmitted herpes. Most people do have a type of herpes, eg cold sores, but that's not what I'm referencing.

5 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Spreading what around? An STD he has no symptoms of??

I get that things can be asymptomatic, but why is he morally obligated to get tested for this reason?

That's putting the cart before the horse.

And how can others magically get it from him anyway? Have they never heard of safe sex? Or abstinence?

What you are basically saying is:

He is morally obligated to be periodically tested (without symptoms) to prevent transmission of hypothetical asymptomatic infection to others -- whom are willing to recklessly practice unsafe sex with him?

People have such irrational standards for STDs.

If you're having sex without condoms it's likely you will pick things up, if you don't get tested then you will spread it, HIV is the best example. Thai sex workers are poorly educated as well as being poor, so it's up to foreigners to do the right thing 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's not about you, it's about giving it to someone else that's younger.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Used to be common? 

Surely it still is.  As the husband you should pay for everything for your wife and kids.  

At least that is what my father did and it's what I expect to do.

Are you talking about Thailand? My ex wife's first husband took her money to booze and gamble and fornicate.

It's "normally" the daughter's job to provide for her parents, not the sons.

5 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Yes, you are wrong. Syphilis can be cured in all stages.

I think you may be getting mixed up with the stages in which it can/cannot be passed on to others: 

After the early symptoms go away, you cannot pass it on to others, as it is only transmittable when the infectious primary and secondary lesions are present (within first year)

This is correct - as it is a virus, not a bacteria.

Apologies, yes can be treated, but once damage occurs the damage can't be undone eg once blind, always blind, far as I understand it.

Anyone that has unprotected sex with someone that has multiple partners should read up on syphilis. Might think differently after.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/4622-syphilis

Syphilis can progress through four different stages. The infection causes different symptoms in each stage. People are very contagious in the first and second stages and can easily pass the infection to their sex partners. The stages of syphilis are: primary, secondary, latent and late (tertiary) syphilis.

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

i thought you had me on ignore?

Topic is "How much salary ......"

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How about kids that are not yet born. Are they able to practice safe sex?

Syphilis is transmissible to unborn children.

Nope, but their mother is.

And all pregnant women get a syphilis test now very early on in their pregnancy. That's up to the doctors.

It's really not my concern.

I look out for strangers as much as they look out for me.

It's not about you, it's about giving it to someone else that's younger.

Obviously, I would never knowingly give someone something, but besides that......how is this my business?

They are grown ups. 

Do you feel so bad if some gets another disease from you accidentally? Flu? Bronchitis? Strep? Staph? Pneumonia? COVID? 

Generally these cause more deaths than STDs, by the way. 

Just lucky, so far. You don't say if you had sex with them though, or if it was sexually transmitted herpes. Most people do have a type of herpes, eg cold sores, but that's not what I'm referencing.

Why not?

What's the difference, besides location?

• Sad 1