Pita Cleared In First Round Of Polling Agency Enquiry Over ITV Shares

webfact

56 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

You misunderstood. It's 0.0035% of all shares. Not 0.0035% of one share. I don't think the SET allows fractional shareholdings. Even in the US it's a fairly recent thing that brokers started offering. And don't read too much into the word "shares" in the law. The intent is to prevent someone like Thaksin who has a big influence via media to run for PM. Clearly these few shares don't qualify for that.

yes i did misunderstand if that is the case...still seems a bit of being targeted to me but they don't care what i think

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

What an absolute disgrace, but it just goes to show that this is a world wide phenomena, i.e. how low life politicians will stoop to hold onto power, "for the people" that is, of course".

Can't wait to see how they cover up watchman's latest probe, with them not wanting to make public the documents of the investigation that was a Clayton's investigation.

If the report concluded no offence it would have already been released with big fanfare.  

3 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

I had no idea the shares were so small and that it wasn't even operating. It clear they don't want this guy as PM but the verdict here gives hope. 

The basic information has been all over this site and the Bangkok Post and The Nation for the last 3 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pita-Limjaroenrat-photo-Thai-Rath.webp.jpeg

THE ELECTION Commission’s investigation committee has ruled that a petition to investigate and disquality Move Forward leader Pita Limjaroenrat for holding a tiny fragment of 0.0035% shares of non-operating ITV channel should be dismissed, TV Channel 7 said this afternoon (Aug. 14).

However the polling agency’s subcommittee has still to decide whether further investigation is required with Pita possibly being asked to testify.

It is also possible that the subcommittee will wait for the Constitutional Court’s ruling on its MP-disqualifying lawsuit against Pita on the charge of holding this minuscule amount of ITV shares.

Electoral candidates may be disqualified by law if found to hold shares of any media firms.

The committee said that this petition should be dismissed because under the Section 151 of the election organic law filing a criminal case requires clear evidence. 

by TNR Staff 

Move Forward leader Pita Limjaroenrat. Top photo: Thai Rath

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/08/14/pita-cleared-in-first-round-of-polling-agency-enquiry-over-itv-shares/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-08-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter. Click to subscribe

"The committee’s report was sent to the polling agency’s secretary-general who in turn assigned the deputy secretary-general to distribute copies to sub-committee members to again assess and rule on this petition before informing the main body of its decision."

The polling agency? Is that how TNR refer to the EC? And what is this gobbledygook? Reads as if the committee's report was returned to the committee for reconsideration. TNR, please clarify.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

THE ELECTION Commission’s investigation committee has ruled that a petition to investigate and disquality Move Forward leader Pita Limjaroenrat for holding a tiny fragment of 0.0035% shares of non-operating ITV channel should be dismissed, TV Channel 7 said this afternoon (Aug. 14).

Shouldn't it be up to the courts to decide and not TV Channel 7?

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

In fact, I couldn't find any other news outlet reporting this. They quote TV channel 7.

Not news, simply a bias op-ed.  'Miniscule' would be the hint of that.

Sort of like a little bit pregnant.  Most people own a miniscule of stocks available of any company.

iTv has over 4 billion 'common' shares.

0.0035% of just common shares is 140,000 shares.

For those not familiar with iTv's history, there's a couple familiar names attached to it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV_(Thailand)

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

The basic information has been all over this site and the Bangkok Post and The Nation for the last 3 months.

i give you credit for speaking out, where I thought it but didn't have the balls to say it (in type)

24 minutes ago, pomchop said:

What a sham.....lets check the records of the 250 senators that the junta illegally appointed and see how many of them have clean records...i would be that their offenses would greatly exceed anything pita has done....start off with the fact that them even being senators is illegal.

For people who seem to like authoritian govts this is a good lesson in what can happen when people seize power in spite of election results and then rig it so they stay in power for ever.

Sad.

This almost sounds like you are describing a similar issue in another, much bigger country an ocean away. There are strong similarities.

• Like 1