Monk’s plea: Thai woman scams 78 year old monk of 800,000 baht

snoop1130

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The woman asked for money so she could travel back home to the central province of Chantaburi but did not have enough money to fill up her car with fuel. Yotsadhammo decided to support he

So he gave her 800,000 baht to fill up her petrol tank, doing good deeds is one thing but being gullible to this extent is a crime.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It says that he agreed to "support her" and the whole thing lasted more than a year, so it sounds like he agreed to effectively pay her a wage. Whether he simply did that out of the kindness of his heart or if he was getting something out of it is another question.

Exactly, a few extras and happy endings, naughty boy. ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A 78 year old Thai monk from Rat Samakkhi Temple in Chon Buri urged police to track down a woman who swindled over 800,000 baht from him.

I´ve heard that money was needed for an retirement extension.......????

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

55 minutes ago, retarius said:

Silly me, here's me thinking that Buddhist monks were not supposed to have cash.

He must have sold a lot of amulets. (Note the police got nowhere so he appealed to the media.)

Edited by mikebell
extra thoughts.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Questions will be asked about where he got the money. I suspect he has more. And why would she ask for 800,000 in order just to get home?

They may have a relationship. 

This is a mystery worthy of Sherlock Holmes. The Monk and the Old Friend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, retarius said:

Silly me, here's me thinking that Buddhist monks were not supposed to have cash.

That may be the rule but does not apply to Thai monks  In fact not many rules seem to apply to them!

Edited by prakhonchai nick
  • Haha 1

The real crime is: how the F does a monk have more cash in the bank than me? Lol ????

We hear a lot about "poor Thais" from the white knights - hell I even subscribed to that philosophy when fist came here - but it's all BS.

Edited by FruitPudding

20 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Probably wasn't his money but temple funds, if so he was misusing money that wasn't his. A naughty saffron robed philanthropist. I think he was getting his fair share which is why he wont press charges.

It's possible. It could also be a load of nonsense too.....