Thaksin to get extra security and “adequate conveniences” while in prison

webfact

7 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Positive action.  Finally somebody actually doing something rather than talk talk talk. He deserves a medal for attempting to rid Thailand of bad drugs.   

Ah, so now you support something he did, but you previously said he didn't do? I would go along with your opinion if you knew what it was. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

And if they decide to welch on the deal and lock him away Monte Christo-style what is he going to do about it, other than hope his lawyers get it into court?

Or perhaps bring further un disclosed charges.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Positive action.  Finally somebody actually doing something rather than talk talk talk. He deserves a medal for attempting to rid Thailand of bad drugs.   

there's something wrong with your way of thinking. don't you believe that 

everyone should have the chance of a fair trial? do you think it's okay to just 

shoot so many down like a wild animal? killed also completely innocent people,

and as far as I remember, some children and women ...

let's say your son was in the wrong place at the wrong time during the war on drugs, 

and your beloved son was unlawful cold-bloodedly gunned down by the police.

would you still give thaksin a medal? 

in my opinion, people like you are mentally ill ... 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, alexlm said:

I think it was for ""corruption"".

But then lots of people in the Thai Government would need to get exiled if that was the case?

I was in the country during this time and I remember it being more like a rival faction arresting their political opponent. I first came to Thailand in 2005 so I missed what happened before this point but It's all very similar to what's happening now to Trump in the US.  Basically a non-establishment individual enters the government, despite their best efforts to keep him out, and once they're in the knives are out and they do what ever they can to expel them.

I bet they attempted various things before finding this corruption charge that stuck, just like the Russia collusion story that landed on Trump immediately after he took office.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Maybe close. I remember some years ago a VIP, probably a politician but I forget now,  was jailed and after just one day he was declared sick and transferred to a luxury hospital suite. Then, as usual in the news here, nothing was ever heard of the matter again.

That was the crime fanily at Chonburi City.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TimeMachine said:

Thaksin didnt assault anyone,  kill anyone,  he did what all politicians do and thats aim money at themsleves. If he goes,  they all must go.  

Do some research, as in Thaksin's war on drugs! It may change your misled perception!

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Great sarcasm!!????

They would need to find him first?

I can't see any sarcasm. From what I have read previously, they usually know where he is. And maybe he would like to come home.

• Haha 1