More Than Half The Senators Likely To Vote Srettha For PM

webfact

Game, set and match. They all win, from  sitting lot to PT and Shinawatras.  Voters? Democracy? Who cares. This will come back to haunt them as inflation levels are sky high, debt levels are beyond reasonable and global economic events are frightening.  Not a good time to take control. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I really don't know why it's so difficult to decide who gets the job. And for what there had been elections?

Why not sit around a table as Putin got it. The Zsar on the head and then a couple of influencers along the side. And then play monopoly or take the dice.

That's easier than any election.

.????

9 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I really don't know why it's so difficult to decide who gets the job. And for what there had been elections?

Why not sit around a table as Putin got it. The Zsar on the head and then a couple of influencers along the side. And then play monopoly or take the dice.

That's easier than any election.

.????

Snakes and ladders more apt for this lot.....and more on their level !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddox41 said:

What a <deleted> show the peoples choice gets thrown under the bus

Taksins patsy takes control l and a real estate mogul of all things some nice crown land for his friends coming their way no corruption in that industry here in ???????? 

Pt does a deal that the junta is still in control what a laugh ???? 

I wish the Thais had the balls to stop the injustice and grow a pair to stop the 1% elite croonies from making ???????? a laughing stock in the  world politics 

Until they get rid of the unelected generals in the senate what the people want doesn't matter they were the hold up for pita 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

11 coalition partners.. with opposite mindsets.. how on earth are they going to agree on anything other than self enrichment?

That's (probably) why there'll be either an early election or (perhaps more likely) another military coup.

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

I get your intent and emotions, but inflation levels are not sky high, government debt is within pre set limits, personal debt levels are no higher than they usually are and global economic events are not only not frightening, they actually look better than they have for some time.

Have a G and T and relax a bit 

Dont know where you go shopping or fill your car, but where I stay inflation levels are sky high. Thailands household debt levels  are at record highs, and with a looming Chinese real estate implosion, the global economic forcast doesnt bode well at all.

I wish I could be as relaxed as you come across. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, 2baht said:

Do you think it's fixed? ????

Bought and paid for. Rumours after the election were 20 mil per senate vote. I are sure Uncle Chu's press conferences increased that significantly. Maybe he gets a commission on the incremental amount.

The Washington Post is reporting that Thavisin has been elected as the new PM, via the following emailed alert:

"Thai legislators appointed Srettha Thavisin of the Pheu Thai Party as prime minister after Move Forward, a progressive party that won the country's May election, was blocked from forming a government by pro-military groups. The vote coincided with divisive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra's return from self-imposed exile."

And (the latter below may be behind a paywall):

Thailand just chose a prime minister. He’s not the one people voted for.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/08/21/thailand-thaksin-pheu-thai-election-srettha/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK