Thaksin Has Arrived At Don Mueang Airport

webfact

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

For a moment, I was thinking anyone was better than Prayuth, Anutin and Prawit. Those goons have no leadership ability. Other than some infrastructure, they did nothing for Thailand, except move it backwards. 

Now that Pheu Thai has cut the treasonous deal with the army, all bets are off. They completely betrayed their base of support, and the nation. The army is the last institution in the world this nation wants anything to do with. Any reputation they may have once had, has gone down the drain with those very long 9 years of ineptitude, malfeasance, corruption and theft. 

So, where does the nation go from here? It is likely to continue it's backwards spin. Perhaps into near oblivion and even a greater degree of irrelevance. 

Watch. It is likely after jumping in bed with the army, all charges will be dropped. Two or three days in a cushy jail. Did they sacrifice the long term well being of the nation to avoid his prison term? 

Has the PM voting finished?

Any clear result?

Edited by scorecard

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin happily reunites with family

ingshin-1.jpg

Paetongtarn Shinawatra posted photos taken inside Don Muang airport VIP suite on Tuesday, showing her father, Thaksin, together with all of his children, grandchildren and in-laws.

On her Facebook page, Paetongtarn, his youngest daughter, wrote “Welcome back to Thailand daddy”.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thaksin-happily-reunites-with-family/

-- Thai PBS 2023-08-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Available for all convicted criminals upon arrival ?

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The point, that you will never be capable of seeing, is that your hero may not be the angel that you want him to be 

The point, that you will never be capable of seeing, is that Thaksin is not the devil you want him to be.

Actually, the truth is, you do know the truth.

You just pretend to not know the truth as it provides you with an excuse for supporting awful anti- democracy pro fascist ideologies.

????

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

of coarse he's not going to jail / prison.  Don't be so ludicrous   !

I was looking forward to some youtube vids in the future showing him shuffling around in rags, chains and long hair toting a water bottle or among 25 other wretches trying to sleep on a toilet floor 555!

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin happily reunites with family

ingshin-1.jpg

Paetongtarn Shinawatra posted photos taken inside Don Muang airport VIP suite on Tuesday, showing her father, Thaksin, together with all of his children, grandchildren and in-laws.

On her Facebook page, Paetongtarn, his youngest daughter, wrote “Welcome back to Thailand daddy”.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thaksin-happily-reunites-with-family/

-- Thai PBS 2023-08-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Falangs, you have no chance if this man is in power... 

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

He comes back often and will publicly come back in Sept 2027.... only a 4 yrs to go.

Correct.

Most Thais of his ilk will never do anything that doesn't directly benefit themselves. 

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

He arrived in his private GulfStream jet. Man, if I had that kind of money I would have swung low across the airport and kept going.

I have my pick of the world……crazy man!

Thais with sociopathic personalities and money tend not to do that well overseas. 

Bar girls, internet brides, masseuses, and berry pickers do fine. 

Funny old World.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've read two stories about this guy. 1. While PM he had many Northern people suspected of drug trafficking killed. No prison no trial. 2. There was an article about Japanese WWII gold being found in a cave, he said he saw it and it would solve all of Thailand economic problems, in another article he said he was mistaken.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, firemans35 said:

I've read two stories about this guy. 1. While PM he had many Northern people suspected of drug trafficking killed. No prison no trial. 2. There was an article about Japanese WWII gold being found in a cave, he said he saw it and it would solve all of Thailand economic problems, in another article he said he was mistaken.

You should probably do a little more reading there bro, the sample size is a touch small to be forming sound opinions on. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ericthai said:

Sorry, I cant agree with you on this....I know plenty of Thais that live outside of the Thailand and have no plans on returning as they are very happy where they are.  

Somewhat irrelevant if all he [Thaksin] wishes to do is to return to his homeland... and it seems thats exactly what he wants. 

His reasons could be numerous from simply wanting to be in his home nation to a megalomanic insistence on winning... or a combination of facets at any point between that. 

• Confused 3

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You miss the point, it's not about money but his hatred for foreigners, unless Chinese, like him.

I don't know about his hatred of foreigners, but one policy that I really hated under his reign was the implementation of the 2 am curfew thing for nightlife venues. I think that happened either in 2000 or 2001. And, to this day, it sadly stands, with a few exceptions.

Like many others here, I also think he will get a pardon in the near future. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

8 years.

But nobody knows what could eventuate re a pardon.

And then of course there is bail pending an appeal for one of the convictions, probation, parole, release for health reasons, good old fashioned bribery,all sorts of ways that prison can be avoided.

• Thumbs Up 1