German Hells Angels Gang Member Apprehended in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

If he had a visa, how was he hiding?

Oh and every long-term visa (1yr) should have a international criminal background check, like we do with the elite visas, setting aside there's been a. few criminals with elite visas, at the time they would have been issued it would have been verified not the case under interpol. 

This way we can truly clean up the country of oiks. 

Not all members have a criminal record. In the US immigration won’t grant a visa to any foreign national known to be a hells angels member. Arrive and id’d as a member then sent back. But who knows now, maybe they’re letting them in now, considering the current dysfunctional government 

Edited by novacova

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

If I had a choice between having a beer with a bunch of bikers or politicians I would always choose the bikers.

How often does that situation come up?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They wear jackets with 'Hell's Angels' on the back -  not the sharpest tools in the shed. 

Absolutely, but with tattoos on his face/head its not like he wouldn't stick out in a crowd.

I can only imagine how much it would hurt to have tattoos where he has them....Ouch!

4 hours ago, Pib said:

Wow....such a major announcement  and fanfare for a foreigner with a home country arrest warrant.  Heck, in the U.S. they arrest wanted motor cycle gang members everyday....take them to jail...no fanfare....just a short entry in the daily police blotter.

Yeah, but in America we practice catch and release... sort of like sport fishing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I clicked the news link and got this...
imperva might not like my vpn I guess. 
image.png.17a5dc7a63ca37b3968b8d11bdf60f6e.png

Switched my vpn to Germany and the linked page opened up with a lot of Thai language and a short paragraph, with no pictures, in English.  This was with the opera browser.   Pasted into google chrome and had a better response. 

Edited by radiochaser

8 hours ago, Pib said:

Wow....such a major announcement  and fanfare for a foreigner with a home country arrest warrant.  Heck, in the U.S. they arrest wanted motor cycle gang members everyday....take them to jail...no fanfare....just a short entry in the daily police blotter.

#1 Rule of Aseannow: No announcement is so good that an ex-pat can't find something to complain about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Imagine sitting on the long-haul flight to Thailand next to this tattoo-faced guy...

I sometimes wonder where the airline staff places such guys as nobody would feel comfortable in their presence.

I would guess he would fly business class with the money he makes 

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They wear jackets with 'Hell's Angels' on the back -  not the sharpest tools in the shed. 

Actually, I recall seeing his photo on his open Facebook profile and he also has photos of his house and restaurant and the address given , which may not have been the best idea if he was wanted in Germany on serious charges .

Should of kept his photo and whereabouts off social media

12 hours ago, webfact said:

German Hells Angels suspect detained in Thailand, extradition underway
by Mitch Connor

image.jpeg

Photo courtesy of Bangkok Post.

A German man suspected of being a Hells Angels member has been detained by immigration officials in Chiang Rai.

The arrest of the suspect, Dennis Fischer, took place at a hotel in the northern province’s Muang district this Tuesday, as revealed by Phanthana Nuchanart, deputy commissioner of the Immigration Bureau.

Fischer was reportedly in possession of a one-year non-immigrant visa, set to expire on July 12 of the coming year. In a bid to capture the 50 year old suspect, German authorities had sought the assistance of the Royal Thai Police for Fischer’s location and subsequent extradition.

The deputy commissioner shared that Fischer is believed to be a part of the Hells Angels motorcycle group, operating out of the German port city of Kiel. The German authorities have alleged that Fischer and his female companion enticed a man to a public swimming pool, where he was then shot in the thigh.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/german-hells-angels-suspect-detained-in-thailand-extradition-underway

-- Thaiger 2023-08-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

He should be arrested just for all the tattoos 

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Never understood why its always the Germans that misbehave in Thailand.

Why can't they be more like the Brits?

There's really no indication the the guy misbehaved in Thailand. 

Perhaps the reason Germans get more attention than Brits is because Germany's more diligent about extraditing their wanted?