Fatal crash: Thai motorcyclist collides with Chinese Porsche driver

webfact

image.jpeg

A tragic accident has claimed the life of a 25 year old man who was involved in a collision with a Porsche Cayenne driven by a Chinese national. The crash occurred on the Pattaya-Bang Pa-in road, opposite Wat Tapang, in Sam Khok district, Pathum Thani.

The deceased, known as Thanawat, was found lifeless in the middle of the rightmost expressway lane, near his severely damaged Honda Lead motorcycle that had no registration plate.

Not far from the scene, a black Porsche Cayenne with a red license plate bearing the number 1235 Bangkok was found, its side badly damaged. The driver of the crashed luxury car, a 34 year old Chinese national known only as Jin, stood by awaiting the arrival of police officials.

by Neill Fronde

TOP: A fatal accident saw the death of a motorbike driver who collided with a Porsche. (via Sanook). Picture courtesy of Sanook

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/fatal-crash-thai-motorcyclist-collides-with-chinese-porsche-driver

-- The Thaiger 2023-08-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

The deceased, known as Thanawat, was found lifeless in the middle of the rightmost expressway lane, near his severely damaged Honda Lead motorcycle that had no registration plate.

No pity at all.????

The Porsche driver waited at the scene so he's pretty sure he is not at fault.

Edited by shady86
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The deceased, known as Thanawat, was found lifeless in the middle of the rightmost expressway lane,

On an Expressway with a group of others on Motorbikes, I doubt that VERY much, a Highway yes Not an Expressway the reporting here gets worse daily. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

'The cake was chilling in the refrigerator awaiting his return,'

Excellent reporting there from Thaiger News, they don't miss a trick ????

But I didn't know there is a Pattaya-Bang Pa-In Road. They must have built that while I wasn't looking.

• Love It 1

46 minutes ago, shady86 said:

No pity at all.????

The Porsche driver waited at the scene so he's pretty sure he is not at fault.

Many have no number plate and also very common the see a number plat tucked way up under the rear seat so it cant be read.. How about a blitz on both.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Another MVA & death ... my day is complete, with added plus of knowing one was Thai, and the other Chinese.  Enquiring minds need to know.

Now ... is the THB or price of beer going up or down 0.1% as I'll need to adjust my living budget ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, kennw said:

Many have no number plate and also very common the see a number plat tucked way up under the rear seat so it cant be read.. How about a blitz on both.

a clown you are. Only motorbikes have the plate under the the seat coz of no other space available. Me, too

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Quite the hyperbolic leap...  Two recent articles of Chinese owning expensive cars and now it's 'all Chinese in the country drive around in expensive cars' ???? :whistling:

Yep, some envious people on here.................????

14 minutes ago, Deli said:

a clown you are. Only motorbikes have the plate under the the seat coz of no other space available. Me, too

Interesting...  so on your motorcycle its impossible for you to display your rear-licence plate legally because you don't have the space ???  erm...  sure about that ? :whistling:

Or you just like the look with the rear numberplate tucked underneath out of the way ? 

Are you suggesting this (picture below) is an impossibility ?? - and you're calling Kennw a clown :cheesy:

1004746673_Screenshot2023-08-28at18_48_33.png.25e8ab68b0df69aa495aae03c7e3bb36.png79230781_Screenshot2023-08-28at18_44_07.png.ffe0b21c9369c41a1f2b3f3511b699b4.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Almer said:

I thought there was a rule that no red plates in the hours of darkness?? 

This is discussed a lot. 

I've even been pulled over at night (about 20 years ago) in Bangkok for having a red plate, and just said I was on my way home from work and the BiB did nothing 

I do not see anywhere any regulation or law which stipulates that a vehicle on red plates (temporary plates) cannot be driven in the hours of darkness or outside of the province.

I wonder if this is just one of those 'regulations' that spread by world of mouth (within the police force) and no one actually knows the real law on this. 

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

All the accidents ???.... [involving Chinese drivers].

...there have been two (recently), neither of them were the fault of the driver !!!

I was referring to all those accidents recently involving higher-priced vehicles driven by Chinese, which were at least 3 in recent times... I don't know who was at fault, as I wasn't there.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Australia is planning to require a specific driving licence for all these supercharged vehicles.

The laws of physics are usually beyond the laws of egos and unexperienced supercar handlers.

Other civilized nations should follow.

And of course nothing to do if the chap is Chinese or whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Australia is planning to require a specific driving licence for all these supercharged vehicles.

The laws of physics are usually beyond the laws of egos and unexperienced supercar handlers.

And of course nothing to do if the chap is Chinese or whatsoever.

Probably turbocharged cars, not many supercharged cars for the masses out there.....????

8 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

It would be a little late. 

A lot of 'standard' electric cars are significantly faster from 0-100kmh than most supercharged vehicles. 

When Bruce the bogan can get in an electric ute that does 0-100kmh in 3.3 seconds, the proposal mentioned above is rather preposterous.

8 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Some assumption that... (that Aus is civilised !!)...    Does that also mean you don't think non-civilised nations need follow ???

Which are the 'civilised nations' and which are not ?