Foul play: Noxious scent unveils grim discovery of dead Finnish man in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

An unpleasant odour seeping from a residence in the Bang Lamung district of Pattaya has led to the discovery of the dead body of a Finnish man inside.

According to SiamRath, residents in Pattaya detected a foul smell from the house of a foreign man. In response, they enlisted the aid of a rescue team at the stroke of midnight yesterday. The single-storey residence bore an open fence.

Rescuers found three motorcycles and one Chopper motorcycle in the garage. Officers then rushed inside the house and in the bedroom they found the body of a foreign national, identified as 54 year old Finnish man Tim Juhani Muhonen.

The rescue team noted that the body of the dead Finnish man had started to decompose and the odour had started to seep outside the premises. No visible signs of physical harm or any indications of a struggle were evident.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ ข่าวคนชล

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/foul-play-noxious-scent-unveils-grim-discovery-of-dead-finnish-man-in-pattaya

-- The Thaiger 2023-08-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

According to locals, a Thai woman paid a visit to his house about five to six days before his discovery. They heard the woman urge the Finnish man to leave the door open and indicate her intention to return later. They noted that the Finnish man hadn’t been seen leaving the house since that day.

The plot thickens !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I was riding my mbike back to Cm from CRai yest and caught a whiff of stg foul....

A black bear!!!!!! on the side of the road...all four legs up....yes!!! A BEAR!!!!!!!   also saw a dead dog ????

A shock for you, free tenderised meat for a road side bbq shop  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, transam said:
4 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

So why use the headline wording "Foul Play"?
Click-bait - cheap journalism.

You never heard of "Foul Smell".............

Why get upset over nothing...............????

He makes a valid point... The headline includes the words 'Foul Play' indicating something nefarious. 

However, the article clearly mentions 'No visible signs of physical harm or any indications of a struggle were evident'... indicating no 'foul play'.... 

These days with all media sources its seems that headlines are deliberately misleading to draw in the reader. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm saying that you are complaining about something you are getting for free. It's not unlike people complaining about bank charges, expecting people to provide service to them for free. Anyone providing a service needs to be paid. That's the way the world works. Do you get paid for what you do?

Valid point, and the media team on A.N. simply forward the articles from other sites.

The criticism that the original articles are deliberately misleading remain valid. 

In this case the headline is almost lying... suggesting foul play when it's apparent that no foul play was evident at all - the headline is misleading and deliberately so. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

He makes a valid point... The headline includes the words 'Foul Play' indicating something nefarious. 

However, the article clearly mentions 'No visible signs of physical harm or any indications of a struggle were evident'... indicating no 'foul play'.... 

These days with all media sources its seems that headlines are deliberately misleading to draw in the reader. 

Or, add a splash of intrigue, humour, suspense, all part of the writer's tool box............???? 

41 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Valid point, and the media team on A.N. simply forward the articles from other sites.

The criticism that the original articles are deliberately misleading remain valid. 

In this case the headline is almost lying... suggesting foul play when it's apparent that no foul play was evident at all - the headline is misleading and deliberately so. 

The AN team say they are not free to change what they present to us, but a disclaimer would be nice. But, actually, the headline (produced by Thaiger) is a play on words, as in foul referring to the smell. Still, misleading though and only fit for tabloid journalism.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, transam said:

Or, add a splash of intrigue, humour, suspense, all part of the writer's tool box............???? 

There's adding a splash of intrigue, humour or suspense and then there's pedalling a lie to attract readers...  

Putting foul play in the headline of an article when no chickens were involved pushes the boundaries of honesty....  :whistling:

• Haha 1

There's adding a splash of intrigue, humour or suspense and then there's pedalling a lie to attract readers...  

Putting foul play in the headline of an article when no chickens were involved pushes the boundaries of honesty....  :whistling:

Weeeell, as a reader, it doesn't bother me one bit, members posts may, but not the heading........????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeell, as a reader, it doesn't bother me one bit, members posts may, but not the heading........????

I can understand the general gripe about the click-baitey nature of many news sites, nothing specific about AseanNow.

But, it is irritating to read a headline, then to read an article and find out that the headline is misleading and you've been suckered in.

I can understand the general gripe about the click-baitey nature of many news sites, nothing specific about AseanNow.

But, it is irritating to read a headline, then to read an article and find out that the headline is misleading and you've been suckered in.

Regarding this thread, the headline made me smile............????

I suppose we are all different........

5 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I was riding my mbike back to Cm from CRai yest and caught a whiff of stg foul....

A black bear!!!!!! on the side of the road...all four legs up....yes!!! A BEAR!!!!!!!   also saw a dead dog ????

Ruff!

6 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Maybe it was the bargirl who was riding pillion?