PM Vows to Crackdown on Corruption

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, Sept 7 (TNA) — Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin announced during his keynote address at the Anti-Corruption Day 2023 to eradicate unethical practices including the buying and selling of state officials’ positions and his government will bring in technology to help us achieve transparency of the public sector.

Speaking at a forum to mark Thailand’s Anti-Corruption Day on Wednesday, Mr Srettha, who is also the Finance Minister, said Thailand is ranked 101 globally in the Corruption Perceptions Index, and fourth in ASEAN. The event was hosted by the Anti-Corruption Organisation of Thailand (ACT) at Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal in Bangkok.

1694011050_046051-tnamcot-685x360.jpg.jpg

In addition to create direct damage to the public sector, he said, corruption problems also caused distrust among investors which could lead to the economic recession and continuous impact against the GDP growth as well.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1234446

-- TNA-MCOT 2023-09-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I have heard this before, 4 years ago or 8 years ago??

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If a Thai told me the sky was blue, I would look outside to check.

So little trust I have in them after 33 years doing business with them here.

33 years I commend you should have a statue symbol of endurance and fortitude. 

Your experience and opinion a minority would consider it Thai Bashing.  

If a person don't have their head in the sand something at state it is impossible not to see what is going on so wrong here which let me say it first before someone jumps to it " it does happen else where "  But that isn't what we are discussing.  The lies that come out of every leader mouth they do it with a straight face maybe all the hair dye being used had some effect. ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Good luck with this idea, Mr. S., it would be good for Thailand.

But when I read your list of your and the former military ministers etc., I recognised - it's impossible.

It's the same dream as if I would think to whin the lottery-jackpot. A chance by 1 to  more than 100 million and higher.

5 minutes ago, puck2 said:

Good luck with this idea, Mr. S., it would be good for Thailand.

But when I read your list of your and the former military ministers etc., I recognised - it's impossible.

It's the same dream as if I would think to whin the lottery-jackpot. A chance by 1 to  more than 100 million and higher.

I agree. But because I'm pedantic I have to point out that the chance of winning the Thai Lottery jackpot is exactly 1 in 1 million.

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Pull the other one will you. Politicians only seek to get into their positions to strengthen their wealth or create more of it for themselves, hmmm that makes me think, where is the USA ranked as the Biden's come to mind.

Completely off topic.

If you want to whine about President Biden, there are plenty of other threads you can use.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, nikmar said:

i was going to say - it s almost copy and paste what Prayut said when he took power.

Has the present unelected PM said "There won't be a coup" yet? Oh! Wait! There are still some soldiers "serving" in this government, right?

Ok big boy....bring to justice all of the corrupt govt officials, judges, police and others who have enabled mr red bull to kill a cop while speeding and jacked up on coke for a decade....if you are willing to stand up to those powerful corrupt people just maybe somebody might take your claims of cleaning up corruption semi seriously.

I won't hold my breath as there are likely lots of nice London flats, southern France villas and off shore accounts that have been well stocked to prevent the little spoiled rich brat from every being held accountable.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, sammyoz said:

???????????????????? The PM that nobody elected, the PM that became PM directly through corruption will now crack down on corruption. Words are cheap here aren’t they?

The last unelected PM said there will be no coup, we all know how that ended up, then led a country full of corruption for nine years, now this also unelected PM  has said much the same thing. Are they really so stupid that they actually think that anyone will believe them?