The difficulty of avoiding sugar in Thailand.

Felton Jarvis

Just saw this vid, Dr Berg & sugar (keto advert in bad disguise), but, @1:20, states most folks in USA, eat 26 tsp of sugar a day ????

I now put 1 tsp in my coffee, and pretty much the only table/white sugar I use all day.

Get some sugar in my blueberries & raisins, with my morning cereal.  The corn flakes have about 1% of sugar, since 98.6 is supposed to be corn.

Unless having pastry or ice cream during the day, I think that's about it for table/white or processed sugar.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Just saw this vid, Dr Berg & sugar (keto advert in bad disguise), but, @1:20, states most folks in USA, eat 26 tsp of sugar a day ????

I now put 1 tsp in my coffee, and pretty much the only table/white sugar I use all day.

Get some sugar in my blueberries & raisins, with my morning cereal.  The corn flakes have about 1% of sugar, since 98.6 is supposed to be corn.

Unless having pastry or ice cream during the day, I think that's about it for table/white or processed sugar.

I never used to add sugar to anything, last few years I've realised it isn't the enemy it's played out to be, i now add to tea, coffee and plenty in smoothies, even add extra when i buy drinks from 7 Eleven with sugar reduced or removed. Generally fit and healthy and good blood test results. I'm high carb low fat, works for me

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I never used to add sugar to anything, last few years I've realised it isn't the enemy it's played out to be, i now add to tea, coffee and plenty in smoothies, even add extra when i buy drinks from 7 Eleven with sugar reduced or removed. Generally fit and healthy and good blood test results. I'm high carb low fat, works for me

Heavy on the carbs myself, leaner meats, better oils.  Non deserts;

breads, pasta, potatoes, and not even going to try to live without.

As stated, save my sugar intake for deserts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm skipping the junk these days, lost the taste for cakes, pastries, chocolate, ice cream, English breakfast, pizza, etc funny how switching away from those foods eventually you lose interest in them.

I skip all that stuff too. It's not so much that I've lost interest in them, but I'm happy with the diet that I've established and feel better for it. But on occasion I'll eat whatever I fancy. It was my birthday last week. and the place we were staying didn't really do cake, but the missis got them to come up with a massive banana split with loads of ice cream and some candles on it. When I get something like that now I really enjoy it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I skip all that stuff too. It's not so much that I've lost interest in them, but I'm happy with the diet that I've established and feel better for it. But on occasion I'll eat whatever I fancy. It was my birthday last week. and the place we were staying didn't really do cake, but the missis got them to come up with a massive banana split with loads of ice cream and some candles on it. When I get something like that now I really enjoy it.

That's the great thing about avoiding this stuff most of the time, now and again you can have anything and  your health is still good

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested in Keto-ish diet, or if going hard core, here's a link to what is considered Keto approved, by a popular Keto Guru ????

https://www.drberg.com/ketosis-approved-foods

Actually interesting, and way more of a selection than I thought.  And NO, not giving up my carbs; pizza, pasta, taters, bread or pastries.  Maybe some more moderation, as I can easily eat half a loaf of bread, in a day, when out of the oven (435 of 870gr loaf).  Scale that back to <200 gr. even though I don't add sugar to my bread, that's still a high carb count for 1 item.  And the dog doesn't help that much.

Made of list of things I actually eat, or may (couple item, not yet), along with being available here.  Let off some things, as don't need any reminder (ex: whole milk):

image.png.c115e46ee99d4f03c8a705b235535c7e.png

One thing I notice about those pushing the Keto diet, the admit, due to lack of some carbs, you don't get full day's worth of nutritional vitamins and or essential minerals.

AND ... always a link for you to buy a supplement ... how convenient ????

Edited by KhunLA