25 Policemen Who Attended Party Where Colleague Was Shot Dead Transferred

webfact

image.jpeg

A TOTAL of 25 policemen who had attended a party given by a village headman in Mueang district of Nakhon Pathom province where their colleague, a highway police, was shot dead on Wednesday night (Sep. 6) were today (Sep. 8th) transferred to national police headquarters, Matichon newspaper said.

Pol. Lt. Gen. Achayon Kraithong, a police spokesman, said National Police Chief Pol. Gen. Damrongsak Kittipraphat had ordered Pol. Gen. Visanu Prasarttong-Osoth, police inspector-general, to quickly check the facts in this case by coordinating with the investigation team led by Deputy National Police Chief Pol. Gen. Surachate Hakparn, nicknamed Big Joke, the deputy chief of Provincial Police Region 7 and the Central Investigation Bureau.

Being investigated is why the suspects were allowed to escape and the evidence at the scene of crime destroyed, he said, adding that strict action will be taken against any policeman found to have committed a criminal or disciplinary offence.

by TNR Staff 

The village headman Mr. Praween Chanklai, or Kamnan Nok, right, with the suspected killer of the policeman who was shot dead this morning Mr. Thananchai Manmak, or Nong Thapha.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/09/08/25-policemen-who-attended-party-where-colleague-was-shot-dead-transferred/

-- THAI NEWSROOM 2023-09-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Pol Maj Gen Jaroonkiat Pankaew, the Anti- Corruption Division commander ordered a fact-finding committee to look into deliction of duty involving several police officers present at the scene of the highway police shooting.  

They are authorized to apprehend the offender but they let the gunman to flee. Initially, more than 10 officers will be summoned for questioning tomorrow. (TNA)

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, stoner said:

correct me if i am wrong but are all 25 not potential witnesses ? 

Some news sources are saying that the gun used in the killing has been identified as belonging to a police officer. That would seem a bit strange though, when they're saying that it was probably the police officers who organized the evidence cleanup - not only destroying video from the CCTV but even going as far as scrubbing the scene of blood etc. Maybe someone has done the right thing with the murder weapon. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Thanks 1

So is this another re-run of the aftermath of the Red Bull case.... police with personal / financial or political interests covering up / excusing the killing of a fellow officer by trying to get the connected alleged killer (and/or his boss in this case) off the hook?

As for the alleged shooter:

"Early this morning the man suspected to have shot dead Pol. Maj. Siwakorn Saibua at this party was himself killed by a police team in Kanchanaburi province."

Which just goes to reinforce the old adage -- dead men tell no tales.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Given the swift response to this incident my guess is that there is a lot more to it.

It sounds like the Royal Thai Police, in some provinces, are merely enforcers for the local mafia. And that provincial governors, in some cases, may have succumbed to the influence of the Mafia. 

Correct on all accounts.

About a decade ago, I was having lunch with a long-time Thai friend who was at the time amiddle level official in the local provincial administration.  She informed me that a new provincial governor had arrived the previous week.  His first "meeting", after meeting his new staff, was with the local marfia boss.

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So is this another re-run of the aftermath of the Red Bull case.... police with personal / financial or political interests covering up / excusing the killing of a fellow officer by trying to get the connected alleged killer (and/or his boss in this case) off the hook?

As for the alleged shooter:

"Early this morning the man suspected to have shot dead Pol. Maj. Siwakorn Saibua at this party was himself killed by a police team in Kanchanaburi province."

Which just goes to reinforce the old adage -- dead men tell no tales.

None of it concerns you.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

My Mrs. tried to explain this a few days ago the gist is headman mysteriously has 2 billion in the bank the cop who got shot was his hitman and about to spill the beans so now he can't BJ blows in and transfers all the corrupted officers to re-corrupt other forces is my understanding ???? 

• Like 1