Phuket authorities dismiss concerns over rising Russian population and mafia claims

webfact

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Proof again, that they want the money but not the work involved in getting it. 

You want tourism money, then you will have to accept, that tourists will come. 

If there is too little or no tourism (and there is plenty of whining going on all over Thailand) then you complain. Once you get, whatever is left of the previous perfect cake you had, you complain over too many Indians, Russians or Chinese. 

Well, you messed it up yourself; 35 years ago I remember quality tourism, then you went for quantity tourism and now you have not much else to choose.

You should have done it following the Bhutanese example, top quality tourism with top money; albeit Thailand would have had to be a little more "generous" but the tremendous greed all over your country brought you to the tourism abyss you're facing now and in the near future. 

So, shut up, start working, be polite and friendly and do not treat tourists like sheep on the way to the slaughterhouse - Nuff said! 

I don't know where you hang out but that's not the way I've experienced Thailand in over 20 years of snowbirds and long stays.

Edited by BusyB
  • Confused 1