Air con, a fridge and sofa: Thaksin Shinawatra’s ‘VVIP’ prison life in Thailand

webfact

It was all planned so beautifully. He couldn’t sleep insomnia so I just have to people in that prison probably have that and why is he still in the hospital? I don’t know anybody that has serious operations would be in the hospital that long usually after a few days they’re released or I guess he’s gonna be sick for like one year or until you get a full pardon, correct or disgraceful Thai justice at its best TIT

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Is it worth it Thailand, for the whole world to see the farce, debacle and shame you have brought on yourselves for the sake of ONE man? how can you ever look in the face of the world's community knowing you have sold your values and pride for the sake of one corrupt person?

Jeez... hyperbolic or what! 

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

indicates there could be a lung issue.

Healthy lungs - 95%>100%.

Under 95% its go see doctor time.

Mine in January 65% hence 3 months in ICU.

Super easy to fake just close your front arm pressure before checking and the oxygen level confirms that you are in oxygen starvation.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Officials have denied he’s been the recipient of any special treatment

Ok. Please publish information how many other prisoners received similar treatment over the last years. Or should we somehow assume Thaksin is the most sick prisoner ever?

And if there is a lot of other special treatment prisoners then please publish information about the wealth in influence of their families and friends.

Somehow, I am sure there will be a pattern. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

One must assume less than 6 months as people who are sentenced to more than 6 months are automatically deported on release or is it those convicted of an offence that in law carries a sentence of 6 months or more?

Perhaps Liverpudlians get  little confused and don't realise that outside of Liverpool robbin' the leccy is considered a crime not a sport.

Perhaps you should put your dunces cap on.

You can only be deported from a country if you are a foreigner in that country.

You cannot be deported from your home country.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

It was all planned so beautifully. He couldn’t sleep insomnia so I just have to people in that prison probably have that and why is he still in the hospital? I don’t know anybody that has serious operations would be in the hospital that long usually after a few days they’re released or I guess he’s gonna be sick for like one year or until you get a full pardon, correct or disgraceful Thai justice at its best TIT

Won’t take that long 

My money’s on October he’ll be out 
maybe next week house arrest 

I was surprised  he spent any time at all in jail! 

And I also expect that he will be released as soon as he is declared fit enough by the doctors - he had his sentence reduced within a couple of days of his arrival back in Thailand!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

They're prosecuting because he broke laws. He should not be exempt, as he's only a citizen now and not "special" anymore. And even if he was still president, that doesn't mean he can do the same things other corrupt politicians do and get away with it.

He never was special, the same laws apply euqally to all citizens. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Yes, Thaksin was the victim of a military coup but that doesn't mean he was not also guilty of corruption.  

Please tell us all what punishment has been dealt to ALL the generals and senior military ranks in every military coup since 1932.

They not only stole the entire country every time but the treasury and the justice system.

How can anybody believe in justice after that?

Of course Thaksin was charged with corruption and found guilty.

It was a foregone conclusion after the coup, but would he have been charged and convicted under a free and independent judiciary?

Why were none over the military convicted for treason for each military coup?

I would be very happy to see equal justice for Thaksin if everybody was treated equally. But they are not, and while the military are ever present, the rules will not change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps you should put your dunces cap on.

You can only be deported from a country if you are a foreigner in that country.

You cannot be deported from your home country.

I was replying to Liverpool Lou. Perhaps it is not me who should put the dunce cap on. It must be hard plodding up and down in the field all day with the wife behind you urging you on.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

That was sarcasm. He's always been an idiot, though it's taken far too long for some, including some of my family, to get it.

Are you as rich as Thaksin? Do you have as many influential friends? Do you ever talk to presidents and PMs. Do you have a get out of jail free card?

If none of these apply to you, why do you think that Thaksin is the idiot?

• Confused 1