Whole wheat bread from Makro

SAFETY FIRST

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:

According to Sten Ekberg (at 5:00 of the video)

modern wheat causes insulin resistance and cardiovascular disease.

ancient grains (spelt, rye, ...) may be ok for some people who are metabolically healthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQw3mHMV668

I wouldn't take his videos too seriously, being a holistic doctor whatever that is, almost as bad as Eric Berg

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Breadmaker machines do the mixing, kneading, and baking. They just plug into a normal power outlet.

Thanks. I've expected for several years to build a kitchen with a bread oven, other accessories, a sink, and counters. It now looks like it will be several more years until I have the money for it, and by then I'll be too old. I'll check breadmakers at Lazada.

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you're claiming to know the ingredients of Makro bread?  Your link did not mention the quality of anything in Makro's bread recipes so your comment was nothing more than an 100% uncorroborated, toxic condemnation.

Seriously? Just because you eat the stuff, there is no reason to dismiss my claims, outright. Do you read labels? Read one next time, and do a little research into the ingredients. I have been doing this for decades.

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2023 at 5:38 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

I had a favorite bread shop on Soi Buakhao but I'm sure there's a witch working there, such a nasty woman.

So, I tried the whole wheat bread from Makro.

OMG, it's sweetened, I can taste the sugar.
These idiots, putting sugar in whole wheat/wholegrain bread, it really ticks me OFF.

Anyone else tasting the sweetened bread 

The shop is Harry's Bakers, there is another on Thappaya Road just after the Thepprasit junction (10 yards).  It's on the baht bus route to Jomtien. It has the normal range and the staff are very nice.

I don't find any of their breads sweet and I vary between their Sourdough and Whole Bread. with an occasional Baguette. If you get to The Continental you have gone too far.

Edited by roger101
More info
  • Like 1

Too lazy to read the whole thread so sorry if it's been mentioned. Big C extra on klang has some wonderful breads. Try the low GI loaf, especially good when you get them to cut it into thick slices. Also the tops in the basement of Central has a good multi-grain loaf if you get there just before lunch. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:49 PM, save the frogs said:

According to Sten Ekberg (at 5:00 of the video)

modern wheat causes insulin resistance and cardiovascular disease.

ancient grains (spelt, rye, ...) may be ok for some people who are metabolically healthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQw3mHMV668

That is just one side of the issue with wheat. It causes inflammation because the body thinks it's being attacked by the hydrolyzed wheat-protein (gluten) and causes antibodies to release, and these disorders manifest as Celiac's and Chron's disease. Highly processed white bread and nearly all non Ezekiel bread just turns immediately into sugar in the body, spike insulin and creates inflammation.

• Thumbs Up 1