Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Come on Chomper. Suspended. That is not cancelled. Even if they sacked him, that is not being cancelled. 

Being cancelled is when you are prevented from making a living elsewhere. For example if GBNews started a co-ordinated campaign to remove him from YouTube, FaceBook, Twitter etc. If GBNews called for any shows he was in to be boycotted. If GBNews demanded events he was working in to be shut down by protestors. 

Stop gaslighting. Suspending an employee for inappropriate conduct is not being cancelled.

But you knew that already...

Oh dear….

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, NextG said:

Pathetic…

If you didn’t understand that ‘low level’ clearly meant that they have far less power to complain or to be believed, then we are obviously on completely different intellectual levels. 
Come back when you are able to discuss seriously without your ‘so very obvious’ attempts at deflection. 
The subject is Russell Brand. 

You are correct. I have the intellect to understand all employees of any business are/should be respected equally.

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Pathetic…

If you didn’t understand that ‘low level’ clearly meant that they have far less power to complain or to be believed, then we are obviously on completely different intellectual levels. 
Come back when you are able to discuss seriously without your ‘so very obvious’ attempts at deflection. 
The subject is Russell Brand. 

You've got that right. Abuse of power is exactly what this is about, having watched the Dispatches documentary recently its clear that his behaviour was known for years within the production teams, Channel 4, the BBC and that numerous staff had made complaints but that system for complaints was wholly inadequate and they went nowhere. In fact Brands lawyers made some scary threats to one of the girls. The 4 original alleged victims all seem to be at peace with their ordeal now and its clearly explained why they did not take it to the police in the doc.

Its a fact by the way that in the UK only around one in six female rape victims report it to the police.

Link to the Dispatches full documentary is here, worth viewing for anyone interested in the fuller picture, its around 1 hr and 17 mins long.

Russell Brand - In Plain Sight (Dispatches) 

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8o4deh

Brands interview with Jimmy Saville is particularly cringy, offering up his assistant, naked to Jimmy

Edited by Bkk Brian

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Is it significant that he didn't try to manhandle or kiss her mother?

I don't think the woman behind the child is the mother, but she clearly recognizes that Biden is being extremely inappropriate, it's written all over her face. 

The poor girl looks like she wants the ground to open up and swallow her. Chilling...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You've got that right. Abuse of power is exactly what this is about, having watched the Dispatches documentary recently its clear that his behaviour was known for years within the production teams, Channel 4, the BBC and that numerous staff had made complaints but that system for complaints was wholly inadequate and they went nowhere. In fact Brands lawyers made some scary threats to one of the girls. The 4 original alleged victims all seem to be at peace with their ordeal now and its clearly explained why they did not take it to the police in the doc.

Its a fact by the way that in the UK only around one in six female rape victims report it to the police.

Link to the Dispatches full documentary is here, worth viewing for anyone interested in the fuller picture, its around 1 and 17 mins long.

Russell Brand - In Plain Sight (Dispatches) 

You can also find him on YouTube discussing his formative years on a video named RESURFACED VIDEO of RUSSELL BRAND & HIS DAD laughing about sleeping with PROSTITUTES in THAILAND

The language might be too rich for sensitive ears.  
Elsewhere he mentions being abused by a male tutor when he was eight years old. 

Edited by NextG

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I don't think the woman behind the child is the mother, but she clearly recognizes that Biden is being extremely inappropriate, it's written all over her face. 

The poor girl looks like she wants the ground to open up and swallow her. Chilling...

Whilst it’s quite obvious what is being shown in that video, this thread topic is Russell Brand. You can post your video for discussion in a Biden topic. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, NextG said:

Whilst it’s quite obvious what is being shown in that video, this thread topic is Russell Brand. You can post your video for discussion in a Biden topic. 

A previous poster requested evidence of Biden groping kids. 

Besides, it is interesting to see how different posters react differently when it's "their guy" doing it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

A previous poster requested evidence of Biden groping kids. 

Besides, it is interesting to see how different posters react differently when it's "their guy" doing it. 

It was me who asked for evidence. 
But your posts are disingenuous nonsense AGAIN. You spend most of your time attempting to divide between ‘left’ and ‘right’ when this has NOTHING AT ALL to do with that. So how about we stick to the SUBJECT at hand. Which is Russell Brand’s behaviour. 
If you want to discuss Biden’s behaviour in a similar topic, start one. 
I’m not in disagreement over the behaviour, I just think your continually trying to frame everything as ‘left’ or ‘right’ is bordering on the obsessive. 
Let’s keep to the topic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I should add that I have nothing against Russell at all. It’s clear that he had/has some issues and I hope that he has grown out of them. But those who continually try to deflect any kind of serious discussion, do themselves and the discussion and the board, a disservice. 

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

It was me who asked for evidence. 
But your posts are disingenuous nonsense AGAIN. You spend most of your time attempting to divide between ‘left’ and ‘right’ when this has NOTHING AT ALL to do with that. So how about we stick to the SUBJECT at hand. Which is Russell Brand’s behaviour. 
If you want to discuss Biden’s behaviour in a similar topic, start one. 
I’m not in disagreement over the behaviour, I just think your continually trying to frame everything as ‘left’ or ‘right’ is bordering on the obsessive. 
Let’s keep to the topic. 

Oh it was you was it? Strange that you would ask for evidence then play the "that's off topic" card when I provide it. Here's a pro tip, if you don't want something, don't request it.

Back on to Brand, I would disagree that this has nothing to do with left and right. I believe that the way some people have gone after him is due to his views and his politics. That's why it's such big news. I mean nobody is even mentioning the ex-BBC guy who recently admitted to raping and killing 40 dogs, let alone multiple threads on it. Brand is a big name because of his views. 

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Oh it was you was it? Strange that you would ask for evidence then play the "that's off topic" card when I provide it. Here's a pro tip, if you don't want something, don't request it.

Back on to Brand, I would disagree that this has nothing to do with left and right. I believe that the way some people have gone after him is due to his views and his politics. That's why it's such big news. I mean nobody is even mentioning the ex-BBC guy who recently admitted to raping and killing 40 dogs, let alone multiple threads on it. Brand is a big name because of his views. 

Nonsense. You are simply trying to deflect from his actions. What someone else did it totally unrelated.
So I can punch you in the face and then say it’s okay because someone else punched someone else in the face?

Brand is a big name because he is a big name. 
Biden is a big name too. Start your own thread if you want to discuss him or the ‘ex-BBC guy’. 

Just now, NextG said:

Nonsense. You are simply trying to deflect from his actions. What someone else did it totally unrelated.
So I can punch you in the face and then say it’s okay because someone else punched someone else in the face?

Brand is a big name because he is a big name. 
Biden is a big name too. Start your own thread if you want to discuss him or the ‘ex-BBC guy’. 

You might find this link useful:

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I mean nobody is even mentioning the ex-BBC guy who recently admitted to raping and killing 40 dogs, let alone multiple threads on it. 

The BBC is, along with nearly all tabloid press in the UK. You are also free to start a new topic on it.

Adam Britton: British croc expert admits sexually abusing dogs

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-66920778

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, NextG said:

Ummm, no.

What I am saying is that if Jordan Peterson punched me in the face it would be a bigger story than if you punched me in the face. Why? Because Peterson is a well know individual with controversial views so his opponents would be all over it. Whereas you are ummm, let's be polite and say less well known.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ummm, no.

What I am saying is that if Jordan Peterson punched me in the face it would be a bigger story than if you punched me in the face. Why? Because Peterson is a well know individual with controversial views so his opponents would be all over it. Whereas you are ummm, let's be polite and say less well known.

I accept your point…. But how about addressing his actual behaviour now?

Note how I replied to your link to the Biden video; no excuses, no deflections. Whereas you don’t appear to be able to discuss his actual behaviour at all. 
So now you’ve made you point with regard to him being a public figure, how about we discuss his actual behaviour?

Edited by NextG
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

I accept your point…. But how about addressing his actual behaviour now?

Note how I replied to your link to the Biden video; no excuses, no deflections. Whereas you don’t appear to be able to discuss his actual behaviour at all. 
So now you’ve made you point with regard to him being a public figure, how about we discuss his actual behaviour?

I am happy to discuss his actual behaviour.  Show me some evidence of what he's actually done and we can discuss it.

Or do you mean you want to discuss the unproven allegations?

Don't get me wrong, I dislike Brand. However, my position is that everyone should be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, even people who I think are a complete nob.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I mean nobody is even mentioning the ex-BBC guy who recently admitted to raping and killing 40 dogs, let alone multiple threads on it. 

The BBC is, along with nearly all tabloid press in the UK. You are also free to start a new topic on it.

Adam Britton: British croc expert admits sexually abusing dogs

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-66920778

Haven’t ever heard of him…

Just now, JonnyF said:

I am happy to discuss his actual behaviour.  Show me some evidence of what he's actually done and we can discuss it.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike Brand. However, my position is that everyone should be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, even people who I think are a complete nob.

I posted a video and it was removed. It showed him discussing a visit to Asia with his father whilst still at school wherein they were utilising prostitutes. It aired part of him discussing with a guest about him exposing himself to a receptionist and dragging vulnerable women into toilet cubicles. You can search the title for yourself and then come back to discuss it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Innocent of what? Not one person has discussed any ‘criminal’ allegations. What we are discussing is his pattern of behaviour. Something you and your ilk are taking pains to avoid. 

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes I did, my bad.

Besides, you missed the point again. I wasn't saying I wanted a thread on the BBC perv. I was simply stating the Brand story is such a huge story because of Brand's fame/notoriety which is primarily due to his politically charged YouTube channel and his views.

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Innocent of what? Not one person has discussed any ‘criminal’ allegations. What we are discussing is his pattern of behaviour. Something you and your ilk are taking pains to avoid. 

The whole thread is about criminal allegations. 

He has been accused of rape. Check the thread title.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I don’t see ‘rape’ in the thread title, do you?

It’s clear that you condone his behaviour, by your pretence of it being about his political views and also your continued deflection of any discussion of his behaviour towards women. There’s no point in my trying to have a balanced discussion with someone holding such an abhorrent view. I’ll leave you to it. 

Edited by NextG

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Besides, you missed the point again. I wasn't saying I wanted a thread on the BBC perv. I was simply stating the Brand story is such a huge story because of Brand's fame/notoriety which is primarily due to his politically charged YouTube channel and his views.

That’s what happens when one seeks notoriety and court controversy.

But it’s a leap into the evidence lacking void to claim he’s being targeted for his views.

On 9/18/2023 at 7:08 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Who’s ruining his life.

He plasters himself all over social media to make money but then there’s a problem when his behavior gets discussed on social media.

If he doesn’t like the heat he should never have gone into the kitchen.

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

18 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Your argument is nonsense. If Joe Public took his penis out to show a receptionist because she reprimanded him for the way he was ringing a bell, he would already be on a Sex Offenders list. So your nonsense about it being because of his views or because he is famous, is just that, nonsense. He got away with it because he brought good ratings due to his outrageous behaviour. 

5 hours ago, NextG said:

Name calling doesn’t hide the abuse. Abuse is abuse.

Beating or drugging is abuse, anything else is not.

I don't believe there is 1 woman in the west without the power to instantly report any man that abuses her. Refuges in every town.

As a guy when I tried to report a woman, after she had thrown boiling water over my back (hospital treatment for 3rd degree burns). I was told by the desk sergeant in a police station to 'man up'. In the west it's women that abuse men.

The reality is abuse is only abuse when a woman is pointing the finger, no physical evidence required.

And quite frankly I'm tired of your constant man hating posts.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1