Goodbye Alcoholism, Hello Sobriety!

bob smith

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

I have been quite ill these past couple of weeks due to multiple ailments.

Alcohol may have played a significant role in the weakening of my immune system recently.

I went to my doctor concerning my issues and she prescribed me a potent painkiller.

Now I had never heard of this drug before and after doing a bit research online I was skeptical at first.

I took 1 tablet that evening after my meal as directed and the effects were almost immediate.

All my pain had been alleviated and I was feeling pretty good.

I continued on with the course until finished and I no longer have any pain related to the initial condition.

Now it seems that, for me at least, there is a peculiar side effect with this specific substance, and that is I can no longer stand the smell (and even the thought) of alcohol. Since I came off the pills at the weekend I haven't touched a drop. I tried to have a glass of whiskey on Sunday night and almost threw up into the glass.

The smell was rancid, chemical, and totally unnatural.

It looks as though this specific drug has potentially rewired my neural circuits to give me a total aversion to alcohol.

Lets see how long it lasts. I am hopeful and to help me on my way I will be heading to one of the many cannabis dispensary's in town to purchase a bottle of CBD to help me on my (no doubt) long and winding road.

Here's to sobriety, that booze just ain't worth it!

You were doing really well right up till the last sentence where you stated you were going to take drugs instead of drinking alcohol 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JayClay said:

So what if his excitement leads him to take a minor liberty with the English language? He's apparently making steps to improve his life and that should be encouraged.

First replace harmful addition with a less harmful one. Then, if that less harmful addiction poses a problem in the future he can work on it further at that time.

Thanks for understanding mate.

cbd is by all accounts a lot less harmful than alcohol. I can only give it a whirl. I will probably only take it for a month or so to alleviate the booze cravings that are bound to come along soon.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

So what if his excitement leads him to take a minor liberty with the English language? He's apparently making steps to improve his life and that should be encouraged.

First replace harmful addition with a less harmful one. Then, if that less harmful addiction poses a problem in the future he can work on it further at that time.

He could then stop smoking  cannabis and then go onto something else , like diazepam or benzos or something ?

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

He could then stop smoking  cannabis and then go onto something else , like diazepam or benzos or something ?

How are either of those a step down from cannabis.

No... He could maybe step down from cannabis to a caffeine based high like coffee or cola. Two things which I presume you never touch?

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Thanks for understanding mate.

cbd is by all accounts a lot less harmful than alcohol. I can only give it a whirl. I will probably only take it for a month or so to alleviate the booze cravings that are bound to come along soon.. 

i see nothing that indicsate you understand what cdb is or does,

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

How are either of those a step down from cannabis.

No... He could maybe step down from cannabis to a caffeine based high like coffee or cola. Two things which I presume you never touch?

Why have you presumed that I have neve touched coffee or cola (or alcohol or cannabis for that matter?)

@ nOOdle,I don't really know what you mean,i explained to Bob why i am not a fan of his but i also told him that if he is sincere in this i will support him.

Anything wrong with that?

Sometimes things just bounce back at you,i understand.

Have a great day!!!!

Edited by jvs
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Alcohol has stolen my life from me. It has changed me as a person into an insensitive, morose character.

I want to live again. I want to go to the gym 4 times a week, I want to dip my toes in a jacuzzi, I want to eat healthy, I want to wake up early, I want to be a nicer person.  

all of the above I cannot do when I am under the influence of alcohol. 

You wont be doing that when you are stoned either 

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Alcohol has stolen my life from me. It has changed me as a person into an insensitive, morose character.

I want to live again. I want to go to the gym 4 times a week, I want to dip my toes in a jacuzzi, I want to eat healthy, I want to wake up early, I want to be a nicer person.  

I've never been one to buy into the "alcohol made me do it" defence - alcohol relaxes your inhibitions and self-control and lets the real person emerge.

I'm not a fan of yours, to put it mildly, but good luck - we will see!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

Good reasons, but do you really really want to give up? or get back on it in a couple weeks?

BTW go to AA, there's even one off Buakhao

Edited by scubascuba3