Venereal Diseases / VD

JimTripper

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Unusual for the op to be negative.

I use PrEP, gettings STIs (not STDs) occasionally is gonna happen

You know that PEP & PREP exist as well for bacterial infections?

PEP is essentially base on Doxycycline and reduced significantly all infections, except Gonorrhoea.

PEP is the Cefixime  + Azythromycin combo that is in  every UN first aid [rape] kit.

I was impressed when I found the PEP kit for  sale on the PULSE site...

Been using both for years now, but I get only very few exposures a year. Depending on your status and lifestyle it may safer to accept the risk of infection and just run to the clinic at the first alert. Even though the Doxy PEP + clinic when burnt might be optimal for someone who is very active.

Have fun

2 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

You know that PEP & PREP exist as well for bacterial infections?

PEP is essentially base on Doxycycline and reduced significantly all infections, except Gonorrhoea.

PEP is the Cefixime  + Azythromycin combo that is in  every UN first aid [rape] kit.

I was impressed when I found the PEP kit for  sale on the PULSE site...

Been using both for years now, but I get only very few exposures a year. Depending on your status and lifestyle it may safer to accept the risk of infection and just run to the clinic at the first alert. Even though the Doxy PEP + clinic when burnt might be optimal for someone who is very active.

Have fun

No need for taking antibiotics while having sex, incidents of catching it is relatively rare

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

For me there are 3 categories of VDs:

a) HIV, you shouldn't catch if you use PREP,

b) Bacterial infections which can be cured or prevented with antibiotics [beware antibiotic resistant infection may have you on drip in hospital for several days],

c) Viral infection such as HSV  or HPV most of us have anyhow.

Of course when you use condoms you get less exposed especially for a) & b). But if you really want to be enlightened pay a visit to one of the PULSE clinics. They are very Gay oriented, but a lot more honest about they various ways of protecting ourselves.

The other advantage with PrEP is the Tenofavir will help provide protection against Hepatitis B.  Hep B usually only last a few weeks but some people it's a chronic illness and then Tenofavir is the first line regimen.

Worth having a full STD screen every 6 months which I do.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always maintained that if shagging sloppy thousands is your thing then Pattaya is your place.

I guess some guys really get turned on with girls being seeded by thousands of Arabs and Indians.

And those same posters make of fun of Indians sharing a straw while in reality you are sharing their STD's

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

I always maintained that if shagging sloppy thousands is your thing then Pattaya is your place.

I guess some guys really get turned on with girls being seeded by thousands of Arabs and Indians.

And those same posters make of fun of Indians sharing a straw while in reality you are sharing their STD's

32 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I agree with this.  Or sharing other fluids depending on where you put your mouth.

Thai girl " I don't go with man India or Arab" big false.

Great two posts, which deserve their spot in Guiness book of racist statements.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

Exactly, some of these guys are not interested in taking prep or even using a condom. It’s blokes coming from scrungy areas in India or whatever, or just tossers on a bender.

Glad some of the posters here are so into prevention though, that’s comforting.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

The other advantage with PrEP is the Tenofavir will help provide protection against Hepatitis B.  Hep B usually only last a few weeks but some people it's a chronic illness and then Tenofavir is the first line regimen.

Worth having a full STD screen every 6 months which I do.

Apparently due to PrEP use syphilis is more widespread in Thailand, i test for that every 4 months when i go to Red Cross. Incidentally i noticed at the Red Cross about 6% of those tested for HIV are positive (based on their monthly stats)

17 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Exactly, some of these guys are not interested in taking prep or even using a condom. It’s blokes coming from scrungy areas in India or whatever, or just tossers on a bender.

The link in this post from @fredwiggyis informative........

Latest stats for whoever thinks..................https://www.pulse-clinic.com/sexually-transmitted-diseases-stds-in-thailand

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently due to PrEP use syphilis is more widespread in Thailand, i test for that every 4 months when i go to Red Cross. Incidentally i noticed at the Red Cross about 6% of those tested for HIV are positive (based on their monthly stats)

PrEP encourages the disuse of condoms, so it's only natural syphilis and other VD's would increase.

If you catch it earlier, Syphilis is fairly easy to eradicate, albeit a bit painful with thick oily penicillin injections into your butt every week for 3 weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

PrEP encourages the disuse of condoms, so it's only natural syphilis and other VD's would increase.

If you catch it earlier, Syphilis is fairly easy to eradicate, albeit a bit painful with thick oily penicillin injections into your butt every week for 3 weeks.

which is why i switched to 4 monthly testing rather than every 8 months

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Exactly. Went with one or two as a teenager, but learned from then I didn't want to get something I wouldn't get rid of, or worse, die from. It is possible to contact an STD from any woman on earth, but you're really playing Russian Roulette if you continue going from one to another, or worse, going with women who have been with hundreds of men, who have also been with many women, who have also been with hundreds of men, who have been with many women, who have also.........................

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Exactly. Went with one or two as a teenager, but learned from then I didn't want to get something I wouldn't get rid of, or worse, die from. It is possible to contact an STD from any woman on earth, but you're really playing Russian Roulette if you continue going from one to another, or worse, going with women who have been with hundreds of men, who have also been with many women, who have also been with hundreds of men, who have been with many women, who have also.........................

A place like Pattaya with bargirls there is also the inclination to do things they would not otherwise do because it’s people who are desperate for money.

Lots of the India guys and others will pay extra to not use a condom. Of course, nobody talks about it later on, but when you need the money standards get relaxed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

You just shush now, you're getting @Celcius all aroused.

On 9/23/2023 at 1:28 PM, JimTripper said:

Has anybody come to regret living in Pattaya and getting VD? Or moving away to another area for that reason? How about AIDS/HIV?

It seems like VD would be rampant in the area due to the amount of drinking and sexual activity going on, but the issue is almost never discussed.

I don't know how old you are but it hasn't been called VD since the 70s. It's called STI's. With my expensive I had more STI's from the UK and North America. I think only once here in 11 years.  Nothing that  6 little  pills can't fixed. If your scared a disease like HIV  that us why there are condems in every shop   if you see a girl walking funny that could be a sign of syphilis so don't go with that one pick a different one. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, arick said:

I don't know how old you are but it hasn't been called VD since the 70s. It's called STI's. With my expensive I had more STI's from the UK and North America. I think only once here in 11 years.  Nothing that  6 little  pills can't fixed. If your scared a disease like HIV  that us why there are condems in every shop   if you see a girl walking funny that could be a sign of syphilis so don't go with that one pick a different one. 

Not exactly something to brag about. 6 little pills won't cure HIV or Herpes. Condoms won't protect you all the time. STD's run rampant in Thailand (Pattaya) because it's considered the sex capital of the world. With that amount of paid sex there will be a huge increase in the amount of STD's. Only one protection that will work.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, ChipButty said:

A man was seeing his doctor. the doctor said, "I have good news and bad news." "What's the bad news?" "Your wife has syphillis." "Jeez! What could possibly be good news." "She didn't get it from you."

'The wife just died from a bad case of VD....'

'People don't die from VD'

'They do when they give it to me!'

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1