Russell Brand and why the allegations took so long to surface

Social Media

One of the problems he faces, is that he was so outrageous in public. Kissing interviewers on the lips, and bragging about his conquests. Not smart. He sort of invited this. And with his behavior being so aggressive in public, few believe he is innocent of the charges leveled against him. 

12 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The post to which I replied said he threatened rape. I simply asked for clarification of that.

The accusation now appears to be withdrawn. 

That was the only incident in our discussion so no deflection, other than from the truth, by said poster, in what Brand actually, allegedly, said.

So without all the pathetic deflection, do you agree that exposing yourself to an unwilling woman at her place of work(BBC offices) may be regarded as a sex offence? Forget all the whataboutery and try the truth. 

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

This is an interesting video.

For anybody who doesn't know Glen Greenwald: He was (I think) the first one who published the Snowden revelations. 

Insisting that when he pulled his dick out on the receptionist that it was consensual? 
The issue here is the mixing of completely separate issues. 
I support independent media, but I don’t support whitewashing sex offences by calling them consensual. Some likely were and some likely weren’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, NextG said:

Insisting that when he pulled his dick out on the receptionist that it was consensual? 
I support independent media, but I don’t support whitewashing sex offences by calling them consensual. Some likely were and some likely weren’t. 

All this ‘poor old Russell he’s being persecuted for get his dick out and waving it at a receptionist’.

Does anyone believe that an ordinary bloke, not famous, perhaps a delivery guy or office junior staff getting his dick out and waving at a receptionist would not have been summarily dismissed and reported to the police?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just as well it's not indecent exposure in Thailand as they have female cleaners in men's toilets while men are using the urinal.

Strange world we live in when people's bits are regarded as being obscene when we all have them.

There are Female toilet attendants in Male toilets in the U.K as well , not just in Thailand , But Russel wasnt in a toilet when a female attendant entered the room 

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

As if I am going to state the location on here .

There would be about half a dozen ASEANNOW members all walking around that toilet with their knobs hanging out within a few days 

I only asked because I have never heard or seen females cleaning Gent's WC's in the UK, unless the establishments were closed............:unsure:

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

They began having Female toilet attendants in the U.K Male toilets in the U.K from about the end of the 1960's

Never in my long-ish life, have I seen female cleaners in occupied Gent's WC's .............????

You sure you weren't going in the birds looo........????

1 hour ago, NextG said:

"likely"?

If you watched the video, then you would know that Glen Greenwald does not say he is guilty or not guilty. He talks about media and politicians ruining the life of that guy without a conviction and until now without court case. 

And the media mixes a couple of allegations together to make it look like a bigger issue.

Obviously, I also don't know what he did or didn't do. But I still like the idea of innocent until proven guilty. It's up to each of us if we want to watch videos or shows or whatever with that guy.

I never watched any of that, in fact I don't like him. But that doesn't make him guilty. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

"likely"?

If you watched the video, then you would know that Glen Greenwald does not say he is guilty or not guilty. He talks about media and politicians ruining the life of that guy without a conviction and until now without court case. 

And the media mixes a couple of allegations together to make it look like a bigger issue.

Obviously, I also don't know what he did or didn't do. But I still like the idea of innocent until proven guilty. It's up to each of us if we want to watch videos or shows or whatever with that guy.

I never watched any of that, in fact I don't like him. But that doesn't make him guilty. 

Have I mussed something ?

Did the media find him guilty and put him in jail ?

23 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Have I mussed something ?

Did the media find him guilty and put him in jail ?

You could watch the video above - if you really want to know.

One of the things which they did is make sure he does not earn money anymore from YouTube, any new book, any show, etc.

I.e. YouTube wants to make sure that Russal Brand does not make any money with his videos. But YouTube keeps the videos and shows advertisement. Now only YouTube makes the money and doesn't share it with the creator. Interesting policy... 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Never in my long-ish life, have I seen female cleaners in occupied Gent's WC's .............????

They are usually immigrants.

You will have perhaps been blind to the fact they were doing the jobs Brits don’t want to do.

7 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I am not deflecting.

If you read the conversation between myself and another poster, you will see I was seeking clarification that the accused threatened rape. It appears, despite that poster originally saying he did, he didn't.

It is my understanding indecent exposure is indeed a criminal offence. I don't recall ever doubting that. 

What is currently in doubt, as can be confirmed by lack of charge, arrest or conviction, is the part played by the accuser. The accused says one thing, the accuser says another. 

I'm quite sure the truth will come out in the end. If the accused is found guilty, he needs to be punished according to the law.

Until that point, according to the same law, he is innocent until proven guilty. As has been my stance all along.

I'm not condoning any of the offences he has been accused of, neither am I defending a sex offender.  I'm waiting to see the evidence and what law enforcement do, based on that evidence. Just as happens with similar situations all the time, out of the glare of the media as those involved are not famous.

Since you assert the accused states one thing and the accuser states another, perhaps you can link to those statements. You must have an insight that no one else here has to a statement he has made specifically refuting her claim. 
I am writing specifically of the ‘indecent exposure’ documented here. You can wriggle as much as you like… 

15 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

You are correct.

Alleged rape.

More texts from Brand to the young woman he allegedly raped...

"I pry myself on being safe and trying to make the right decisions. Obviously this was a bad one. I'm so disappointed." Per the messages, Russell appeared to reply: "You don’t need to get tested. I will make this up to you somehow with live [sic] and kindness.

"Not my original idea which was more sex. You’ve been lovely to me and I’m embarrassed by my behaviour. Sorry. X." The outlet reports Brand's US phone number was "verified by multiple sources" in their joint investigation with Dispatches.

Yes, he could have been referring to "something else".

Yes, the texts don't say what he's embarrassed about. I've had more than one embarrassing episode with women when I was younger and none of them involved rape.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, transam said:

You don't say which country you are referring to, but it definitely happened in Thailand. The very first time I landed at Don Mueang I was somewhat surprised to be using the urinal and a female cleaner walked in mid stream.

Perhaps you never used the toilets at Don Mueang to know.

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You don't say which country you are referring to, but it definitely happened in Thailand. The very first time I landed at Don Mueang I was somewhat surprised to be using the urinal and a female cleaner walked in mid stream.

Happens all the time in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I/We were referring to the UK.......????

• Thanks 1