Pratumnak soi 5 nice Sunset...but

Seppius

Not my place to judge any man. I can only offer the following. Personally I would not allow a distraction of this nature interfere with quality time with family. Great opportunity to teach the family a thing or two. Just my two cents is all. Interesting post and to each his own.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Seppius said:

I am sure I will get plenty of "sad" or "confused" but that's OK I don't care, it was just a rant

Disregard them, they are not the brightest! Not smart enough to seek understanding, let them wallow in their confusion!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Seppius said:

We were told they were there often doing this, and that they live here, but are they thick or something to be so disrespectful to inflict their awful music on others? If they live here, they should know better

Yes, hear hear.

You will never see or hear a Thai doing this sort of thing. :cheesy:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I've noticed a lot this trip people will play their Facebook/ YouTube videos at high volume on their tinny phone speaker in a busy bar. Very distracting and annoying to many who would look over to them

Never seen it before as most would wear headphones, or at least really low volume if watching videos. All these guys seemed in their 60's so looks like a new habit of 'don't care about others around you'

Relating to guys in their 60s which in my honest opinion were brought up with manners/respect by their parents, so that surprises me.

On the other hand maybe they think they have got to the stage where they think that being old they can do what they want.

I hope I never get to the 2nd stage

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Seppius said:

We were told they were there often doing this, and that they live here, but are they thick or something to be so disrespectful to inflict their awful music on others? If they live here, they should know better

They probably learned to play loud, distorted music living here.

18 hours ago, champers said:

You could always call the police as it is an offence to play loud music near the beach.

I guess there are no Wats close to a beach.

Playing loud music in public, meaning overly loud, is rude, yet it happens every morning in about every village in Thailand. I understand most farmers do wake early, but a lot of older people don't, including farangs, yet it continues. Some like to sleep late, but it isn't possible because of this. I wake early, so it doesn't affect me anyway, but I understand that it does bother many here. What some consider corny rock music might be good music that some might not understand, because they like pop or other styles. I don't know what music was played, so I can't assume. Thai music, although some is okay, especially traditional, isn't that good, with the words not matching the music because of the way they copy western pop music and the fact it doesn't flow right with their language. People who understand music will understand this. This is blasted all over Thailand and no one cares. Some people work nights and need to sleep during the day, and I've seen this everywhere I've gone. This isn't allowed in the US, with areas set aside away from homes for concerts, and playing past a certain time, or too loud near homes, will get you warned, then fined if it continues. In any event, people should respect others around them, even if it doesn't happen here.

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Grinders, saws, music, loud talkers, loud motorbikes are common here.

Many places that seem nice can unfortunately, easily get spoiled. 

I recall on first retiring here and riding the motorbike. Suddenly, a loud voice speaking in Thai was a my side. Scared the bejabbits out of me! One of those sound trucks which ride around advertising things. Thailand has been the only country where I had experienced this.

22 hours ago, Seppius said:

Last weekend my family and I went down to that nice spot near Sands Cafe as it was looking like it was going to be a sunset for a change, all great except two farangs (English?) idiots playing very loud corny rock music from a tinny speaker.

80% of the people down there, either sitting on the beach or relaxing watching the sunset, were Thai

We had a reservation at Sands Cafe, which we cancelled, because you could still hear the music on the terrace

I am sure I will get plenty of "sad" or "confused" but that's OK I don't care, it was just a rant

If that was me, I am not saying you should get violent, but there are ways, think about it. If you want any ideas. PM me. 

Edited by NoshowJones
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Grinders, saws, music, loud talkers, loud motorbikes are common here.

Many places that seem nice can unfortunately, easily get spoiled. 

I think it is mostly Thai's who make a lot of unnecessary noise, but in this case it is two farangs.

• Thanks 1

In my experience its always Thai's playing music on the beach, normally on a Thai bank holiday when all the brainless families come down from Bangkok to get drunk on the beach and drive back. Shouting at each other even if the person they are speaking to is sitting next to them. If you want to listen to music play it via headphones and dont disturb everyone else.

I like beach to be peaceful and relaxing, not a warzone.

• Sad 1