Thailand Ruined

Celsius

[quote]

but I will not deal with more bureaucracy and zero rights. 

[/quote]

Zero rights only seems to be a problem when you're trying to do something wrong....

If we are having a p*ssing competition as to who hasn't paid tax for the longest time, I might win since I have legally avoided paying any income/personal tax for more than 20 years (5 flags strategy!). I keep 100% of what I earn ????

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

I think destroying the environment, creating a feudalistic oligarchic state, and refusing to cede power no matter how old they get has something to do with it.

And it's not just rap. Taylor Swift, BTS, Blackpink Lisa. Does anybody really consider this music?

Not sure if you've ever studied history, but 'destroying the environment' is hardly an invention of Boomers. Ever wonder what London air quality was 200 years ago? Were Thailand's tropical hardwood forests all cut down by Boomers?

As for 'feudalistic oligarchic state', if I can guess what you mean by that, I suggest you look at other history going back to, say, Oldavai Gorge. NOBODY and NO GENERATION since humans walked upright has ever wanted to cede power nor wealth. I can see that being even stronger today, since so many young people have delusions of grandeur and think five minutes in a job means they're ready to be CEO or President.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

....So you're still wailing about the most minor of disses from 4-8 years ago?

And someone ELSE is a grumpy old man?

Like your posts, but why not just eff off and be done with it?

What gives with the drama queen flounce?

Allow me since a member posted of his personal exps and opinion on an open forum....smh

1  hover mouse over avatar

2 click ignore

3 click all boxes

4 take a deep breath

5 carry on.....or also add me to ignore list(thanks)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Says the newbie with 105 posts......seems he will fit it well here......#Troll Lives Matter.....  bravo.

The fact in having 5980 posts does not make one more smart.

It could be a sign that one does not have a life besides posting all day ?

But then maybe I am wrong. If you get offended by his post, do what you preach....put on ignore.

Edited by Middle Aged Grouch
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Talking of other potential countries, I've been to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo, and not bothered if i ever go back. I liked Indonesia the best after Thailand in particular Bali where I've been 3 times, so maybe another visit to Bali next year is likely. Philippines once again, same for 25 years gets avoided

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

But then maybe I am wrong. If you get offended by his post, do what you preach....put on ignore.

your username fits you well.....thanks for sharing...carry on with your grumpiness--im gonna get off the interwebs and go spread some sunshine :)....thanks for the tip!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

He averages 1 post a day, you average 10.

You literally joined 2 months ago and he is bored posting all day ????

Edited by Celsius
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

im getting on a plane next week so can update your list...sorry to disappoint the haters...

Sounds like you have an interesting and challenging life in the states. Your posts are amusing too. Why not have a thread about life in America while away from Thailand. Could be fun and better than many of the daily trivial topics on this site. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Don't forget to bore the forum with a batman meme and yet another picture of barely legal ladies that are not even Thai

I never posted a batman meme.

And you know the important part in barely legal. Legal! ????

This one is just for you. Virtual reality. I leave it up to you to image her face and age and all that.

EiScTO2XcAMcgZZ.jpg.ca48db486ebb77ef27fec6e08e6beb2c.jpg

Edited by OneMoreFarang

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

A lot of guys don't really want to be here. It's just the best altrrnative at the time.

That's what the complaining is about. Being stuck here but not really liking it.

Is anywhere that good really?

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

A lot of guys don't really want to be here. It's just the best altrrnative at the time.

That's what the complaining is about. Being stuck here but not really liking it.

All the guys i know like it here, maybe the negative moaners are best avoided?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, freeworld said:

questions are being asked when one takes money out of a bank account what it is going to be used for.

Huh?  Where is that a question that has to answered?  I'm not aware of any country where that can be asked with any expectation of a mandated explanation.  Perhaps you could give an example?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

your username fits you well.....thanks for sharing...carry on with your grumpiness--im gonna get off the interwebs and go spread some sunshine :)....thanks for the tip!

Spread some down here ... been overcast & raining most of the day.

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

but I will not deal with more bureaucracy and zero rights. 

[/quote]

Zero rights only seems to be a problem when you're trying to do something wrong....

If we are having a p*ssing competition as to who hasn't paid tax for the longest time, I might win since I have legally avoided paying any income/personal tax for more than 20 years (5 flags strategy!). I keep 100% of what I earn ????

Damn, got me beat.  I've been audited by the IRS more than anyone I know.  8 straight years under Bush 2, and 8 straight yrs under Obama ... free speech comes with risks.  Before careful what you say in emails to WH ... ????  They don't like being criticized.

Most of those years, I didn't even have income ... ????