Pattaya Songtaew Drivers Engage in Fierce Brawl for Passengers

snoop1130

Yes, the queue to head North at 2nd Rd near Tai ..... bloody silly, one has to walk a bit to one next in line near the front. THen they try and squeeze you in or to ride standing. 

Sure I just waved one down on the other side of Tai years ago......

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

And they wonder why tourist numbers are dwindling....

I don't know about that Pattaya sure seems crowded with visitors/tourists all over. Maybe over supply of all these various taxis. Seems hotel occupancy rate is a better indicator?

While I have respect for most Thai people, let's be real, what's the education level requirement for a motorbike/songtaew taxi driver? Don't expect high level thinking from a high school drop out.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pattaya police, had significantly tarnished Pattaya’s reputation as a world-class tourist destination.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police rushed to the incident scene at Pattaya Second Road,

Nobody rushes on 2nd Road thanks to the useless & never-ending roadworks.

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

I have and continue to use baht buses around pattaya. 

Yes there may be a handful that get into conflicts but in my experience the vast majority of them provide a very good service at a bargain price with no dramas at all.  It could not be more simple or convenient on the main routes...get in and when it gets close to your destination ring the buzzer, hand the driver 10 baht and walk away.  The ones that try to ask to be taken to specific destinations not on the route are generally the ones that get "taken" because they don't seem to grasp that most all of them are on a fixed route.

Try and imagine what pattaya would be like without the baht buses .....would everyone prefer giant buses roaring around and a few hundred more car taxis, more traffic jams, ,more parking woes?  Or how about a nice big concrete system skytrain blocking views all along beach road?

Baht buses are the perfect transportation system for pattaya.  It is truly amazing what a good service is provided for 10 baht.

Couldn't agree more. 👍

Compare it to Patong in Phuket and then all you detractors, be careful what you wish for!

• Like 2