Disappointment in Srettha’s Putin Phuket invitation

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The recent diplomatic rendezvous of Thailand’s Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin with Russian President Vladimir Putin and subsequent engagements in Beijing delineates a concerning trajectory for a nation that has freshly emerged from the shadows of a military junta.

Has it emerged? Are the Senators that were put in place, .not elected, still there?  Putin will not ever leave his bunker to vist a Country where the Police shoot each other, let alone all the other carnal goings on. That Thai Gov even initiated an invitation to a man.with a target on his back, is a joke.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Des1 said:

This is true. Thoughts on geopolitics differ greatly depending where you are born or live. Still, it hurts the heart to see the Thai Gov. embrace a ruthless dictator. Then again, what is happening in Myanmar does not seem to bother them either. oiiii.

Re "confused" let me know, happy to clarify.

3 hours ago, nausea said:

I checked - Thailand is a signatory to the Rome Statute of the ICC.

In 2003, the U.S. forced Thailand to sign a separate "impunity" agreement that exempts American citizens from Thai obligations to return anyone to the world court charged with crimes against humanity.   

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Balance said:

In 2003, the U.S. forced Thailand to sign a separate "impunity" agreement that exempts American citizens from Thai obligations to return anyone to the world court charged with crimes against humanity.   

please suppy link

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, seajae said:

really shows how pathetic the current govt is, associating with china and russia just allows the world to see that Thailand is run by idiots,

Is the PM aware that he has a legal obligation to arrest and turn over anyone charged by the World Court of Crimes Against Humanity?  This includes Putin.

I'm sure this new Government wishes to demonstrate their ability to have influence on the global stage, however, forwarding this invitation at the current time either smacks of naivety or a worrying undercurrent of bias towards despotic regimes - I'm sure USA, UK and others will remember this when negotiating with the LoS. Maintaining a neutral position would seem to be a better approach?

most of the worlds population or their goverments take the russian stance 

most of the worlds terrtorys are pro russian

and time will come soon, that the most of World Gdp is becomming behind russia

its not black and white

i would even go further to have a eu-ru economy union for many resaon 

and if you ask me putin or warhead biden ( yugoslavia,irak,now) , i really prefer Putin

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“I invited [Putin] to visit Thailand, and he nodded in appreciation, saying ‘Thank you’ in Thai.

Nothing in that specifically says he accepted it......

As usual a Thai speaker claiming something has occurred but no confirmation from the other party.

The original article, which reads like AI on steroids IMO, does not even mention an invite apart from the headline.....

The second article from Behar news has more relevant info including saying that Putin cancelled going to SA because of the risk of arrest......

Edited by topt
add citation

4 hours ago, seajae said:

really shows how pathetic the current govt is, associating with china and russia just allows the world to see that Thailand is run by idiots,

Thailand is a South East Asian country with a very long history and strong centuries old ties with China, trading links go back hundreds of years.

Why do you think they should sever those ties to appose the west.

Thailand does business with everyone and anyone, they deal with USA, with UK, with EU and yes Russia.

Thailand needs foreign investment to survive and needs to import or export to any interested parties.

To think they would close the door and go bankrupt is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, lapamita said:

most of the worlds population or their goverments take the russian stance 

most of the worlds terrtorys are pro russian

and time will come soon, that the most of World Gdp is becomming behind russia

its not black and white

i would even go further to have a eu-ru economy union for many resaon 

and if you ask me putin or warhead biden ( yugoslavia,irak,now) , i really prefer Putin

dont know where you get your info from but its not correct

image.thumb.jpeg.7f39586015bafd7ea83de7b192dd4fb5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

dont know where you get your info from but its not correct

image.thumb.jpeg.7f39586015bafd7ea83de7b192dd4fb5.jpeg

so and ? the smallest part of the world condems russia.  the neutral or russia leaning countrys are more ( if they dont need doing buissenes with US or scarred sanctions , their would be more ven fully on russian stance) ,even in terms of peopulation double

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Would you sit at a table with a man who just ordered your family to be killed? OneMore?

No

But then, as far as I know nobody ordered the killing of my family.

How many people were killed on orders of the America, UK, China, Russia, Israel, Myanmar, Philippines, to name just a few? 

I didn't count, but think about how many innocent people died in the last 20 years because of the military actions by the USA in Afghanistan, Iraq, and other countries. Did Russia military kill more people? And does it really matter if they killed 100,000 or "only" 10,000?

It seems all countries and their politicians do what they want - independent of right or wrong.

And the biggest countries with the biggest military normally get away with whatever they do.

Do I like that? No. But that is reality.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lapamita said:

so and ? the smallest part of the world condems russia.  the neutral or russia leaning countrys are more ( if they dont need doing buissenes with US or scarred sanctions , their would be more ven fully on russian stance) ,even in terms of peopulation double

pointing out how your post is totally lacking in facts, quote

"most of the worlds population or their goverments take the russian stance 

most of the worlds terrtorys are pro russian" totally incorrect

"the smallest part of the world condems russia."  do you know how to read a map

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LatPhrao said:

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph in the world is that good men do nothing.

Correct.

Please tell me which clean politician Thailand should invite?

Let's start with the basics: He/she should not fight any wars except maybe in their own country to defend themselves. And they should not support any other country which does that.

Where are all the clean leaders who sanctioned the USA when they illegally invaded Iraq? 

Where are all the clean leaders who say in public the leader of that country which bombs civilians and hospitals and cuts of civilian's water, food and electricity should be prosecuted? 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, seajae said:

the Shinawatra agenda is the main imperative  .................who knows what deals the "honourable prisoner"  has already made in the background before mounting the private jet. Does anyone believe Srettha really runs the show or that simply because the military is taking a step back there is democracy here , out of the blue and for everybody? Ah yes, and by 2030 Thailand and all Thais will be in the middle class income bracket. And higher and new unpredictable taxes will lure investors. What are you dreaming at night? If you believe that you also believe that some benign being will pay for the crypto wallett and that the general economy will profit from it. 5555555555555555555555

• Thumbs Up 1