Leaving and getting blacklisted

2 hours ago, justaphase said:

Is this just a random comment without any real knowledge of what will occour?

Just noticed you post. No not random, been there but not for long overstay.Mate also got 12 months ban, tried to return, denied.Nothing is certain despite what rules state and yes, its a laugh for the IO,s! 

• Haha 1

Check in normally after get in airport. Desk will ask officer in desk after find out your overstay. First question from officer going to be "do you have money". Hopefully have or journeys direction not going to be IO in airport. If have cash you go IO , pay fine and off you go. Whit few nice new stamp's in your passport!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not at all and a very good idea.

I never take my pp out.

I do have a photocopy of my ID page on cell and that would suffice. 

The OP is trying to get to airport that's it.

Claiming to  not have pp on him would avoid the issue. 

Dumb response, hes off to the airport to fly out.. Eh sorry officer, no passport. And if he checked your photocopy with smart car.ooops overstay.... IDC pronto... No hassle? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I seem to recall a previous thread on AN where the person on overstay reported to the airport to pay the fine etc and was promptly arrested and put in the IDC!

Just saying... you can't always assume that immigration officers will stick to the  rules...

I think that was a story a couple of Months ago and it occurred in Phuket. 

The most common response from posters on this forum was that there must have been more to the story because people just don't get arrested and thrown in IDC when they have the fine and have checked in for a an international flight.

• Confused 3

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
28 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Hiding ones passport, sounds like a hassle? 

I never take my pp out.

Ignore him... he's a waste of space just continuing to troll after he was called out for trolling the op in his first irrelevant response.

As you correctly pointed out Jack...   most people do not carry their passport around with them anyway, so IF on the very rare occasion someone does ask for ID the Ops friend can show a photo copy of the ID page.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I seem to recall a previous thread on AN where the person on overstay reported to the airport to pay the fine etc and was promptly arrested and put in the IDC!

Just saying... you can't always assume that immigration officers will stick to the  rules...

Probably what should happen for deliberately taking the pee and thinking you can just stroll up and hand over the 20k

45 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Dumb response, hes off to the airport to fly out.. Eh sorry officer, no passport. And if he checked your photocopy with smart car.ooops overstay.... IDC pronto... No hassle? 

You often post reasonable posts.

In this thread you have been ridiculous.

Stick to addressing the OP question

When was the last time you were pulled up and required to produce pp.

In 10 years zero for me. 

Typing like a newbie. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Detained until they can pay...  

24 minutes ago, proton said:

Detained until you pay as well as the fare home, your intended flight having being missed. 😃

don't they work it off with time in detention, like 500 baht a day?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, proton said:

Thats for Thai not falang as far as I know and certainly does not apply for air fare home

i think the usa does a repriation loan for the airfare, if you're a us citizen.

have heard these cases before. not sure what ever happens to them as there is typically no follow up in the news.

a good reason to always have a credit card somewhere with 20k baht on it i guess.

Edited by JimTripper

8 minutes ago, justaphase said:

Loads of what ifs..If you have the money you're ok. The quiery was about extra time involved leaving. I think we've answered that admin. This is turning ito a bull<deleted> zone.

Extra time would be minimal

Obviously the friend would be well advised to get to airport early.

I would suggest your thread is asking silly question.

I had an international flight out of Thailand this Wednesday.

Arrived airport 4 hours prior.

Could not see lot of difference between waiting in my condo or a beer and chit chat at airport. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Extra time would be minimal

Obviously the friend would be well advised to get to airport early.

I would suggest your thread is asking silly question.

I had an international flight out of Thailand this Wednesday.

Arrived airport 4 hours prior.

Could not see lot of difference between waiting in my condo or a beer and chit chat at airport. 

yeah, for an overstay they need to get there 4 hrs early. they need to sacrifice that time just in case. that means getting up early and taking care of business. since international flights are what now, 3 hrs suggested?, maybe they can do a generous 4 hours.

sorry if it means a quick english breakfast that day.

Edited by JimTripper

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I never take my pp out.

I personally think it is a bad idea. Any police officer can ask to see your passport and, if you do not have it on you, insist that you promptly get it and show it. If you had immediately just produced your passport, opened to the data page, it is extremely unlikely that they would go through all the stamps to see if you are on overstay. You can bet they will if they went to the effort of forcing you to produce it.

Yes, most often, when stopped a copy of your passport will be accepted. Rarely will you be asked where your passport is, and asked to produce it. However, an intelligent police officer is going to figure out that something fishy is going on if he starts questioning.

It is a good idea, by the way, to avoid a long distance bus or train journey by using a domestic flight. The airline staff at check in (even if you cannot check in online) have no interest in your immigration status.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I never take my pp out.

the first think the officer would look for is if you are on overstay. you need photo's of the whole passport including stamps on your phone. including prior stamps, everything. that way you are not pulled into the station for any reason. if you get detained it opens the door for other things going wrong so is best avoided.

no big deal. it takes a couple minutes. i even have pictures of the 90 day reports and tm30.

Edited by JimTripper

2 hours ago, justaphase said:

Iv'e been here 22 years and never been asked for my passport. I'm sure my friend will be ok

Paranoia central you lot.

<deleted> me I've been in jail for 3 months here and I didnt get deported...

If you live in a remote village with a population of 50 people, chances are low to get checked by the Police. In Bangkok it could be a different ball game.