U.K. - The ‘wrecked’ lives of forgotten long Covid sufferers

TallGuyJohninBKK

Screenshot_1.jpg.02c7bd5692ede1dc15a5d5df09228cb1.jpg

Long Covid has over 200 symptoms, for many sufferers the pandemic is far from over

Nearly four years since the start of the coronavirus outbreak, you could be forgiven for believing the pandemic is behind us. But for many, it feels far from over.

Close to two million people face a daily battle with debilitating symptoms of long Covid – the lasting symptoms of the virus that remain after the infection is gone – with some now housebound, unable to walk and even partially blind.

As of March, an estimated 1.9 million people in the UK have experienced coronavirus symptoms for more than four weeks, according to the latest figures from the Office for National Statistics.

(more)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/long-covid-uk-coronavirus-hospitals-b2435701.html

Screenshot_2.jpg.295d190abb6100473811600d4904b4eb.jpg

• Thanks 1

More than 1 in 20 US adults have had long COVID, CDC survey finds

September 26, 2023

"In 2022, more than one in 20 adults in the United States reported ever having long COVID, with women more likely than men to report lingering COVID-19 symptoms months after infection, a CDC survey found.

“People who have had COVID-19 may continue to have symptoms or develop new symptoms months after being infected with SARS-CoV-2,” Dzifa Adjaye-Gbewonyo, PhD, and colleagues from the CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics wrote.

Other research has shown that long COVID conditions can persist for as long as 2 years and are significantly more likely if a person has been hospitalized with COVID-19."

(more)

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20230926/more-than-one-in-20-us-adults-have-had-long-covid-cdc-survey-finds

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

He simply wrote > I have it. It has wrecked my life for over two years. 

So he has long-covid, but unclear whether he was jabbed before he got it.

Even in Thailand the vax roll-out started more than 2 years ago.

He said he was jabbed twice and 2 years later got COVID. No wonder facts have to be repeated to you, to no avail, time and time again.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

My life was wrecked 2 days after I got my 2nd Pfizer.  One side of my face went numb, my sense of balance went to crap, and my energy level went into the toilet, where it remains to this day.

I didn't get Covid until over 2 years later and by that time, it was milder than the flu.  I wonder how many people think they have long Covid, but it's not really long Covid.

Indeed, I think I have it but others say it is from Astra Zenica. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, connda said:

I had Covid.  It was a mild flu-like illness.  I never took a Covid shot.  I'm in my 70s.  Shouldn't I be dead?  Shouldn't I have 'long covid?'  This is common knowledge... I should be dead or have long covid because I'm an 'anti-vaxxer.'  Right? 

Yet.  

My 75 year old diabetic next door neighbor was diagnosed with Covid long before the vaccines were available. At a time when it took 10+ days to get the Covid test results.  He and I met every day in the yard when he walked his dogs and he never missed a day of taking the dogs out.  Both of us were rather gobsmacked when his results came back positive.  His wife didn't get it.  He died about a year later, hit head on by a drunk driver who crossed the center line.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, connda said:

I had Covid.  It was a mild flu-like illness.  I never took a Covid shot.  I'm in my 70s.  Shouldn't I be dead?  Shouldn't I have 'long covid?'  This is common knowledge... I should be dead or have long covid because I'm an 'anti-vaxxer.'  Right? 

Yet.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, impulse said:

My 75 year old diabetic next door neighbor was diagnosed with Covid long before the vaccines were available. At a time when it took 10+ days to get the Covid test results.  He and I met every day in the yard when he walked his dogs and he never missed a day of taking the dogs out.  Both of us were rather gobsmacked when his results came back positive.  His wife didn't get it.  He died about a year later, hit head on by a drunk driver who crossed the center line.

Do you guys really believe this is proving or even indicating something?

9 hours ago, connda said:

We are all different, inside and outside, one problem does not fit all......😉

When I was about 6 (I think), I had a Smallpox jab, so did zillions, just in case..😋

• Like 1

9 hours ago, connda said:

Why? Nobody ever claimed covid killed everyone in their 70's or that everyone gets long covid

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, transam said:

We are all different, inside and outside, one problem does not fit all......😉

I wish that all the governments who mandated various forms of one-size-fits-all 'solutions' over the past three years had known that simple fact.

19 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

I wish that all the governments who mandated various forms of one-size-fits-all 'solutions' over the past three years had known that simple fact.

But, not many medical fixes for a mass program can be individually catered for. Just the way it is, especially for a pandemic that was killing millions in short order. 🤔

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

In the very majority of countries, individuals had the choice whether to take a vacinne. 

By the other 'solutions' I assume that you are referring to lockdowns, mandatory mask wearing, etc? Opinions differ as to whether such measures were excessive but, irrespective of whether that was so, how could any government have enacted solutions tailored for individuals?