Thai Deputy Prime Minister Warns Entertainment Venues that Extended Hours Do Not Cover Alcohol Sales

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“Every private sector shall follow the laws, especially, the extension of opening service of entertainment districts to 4 AM, but it does not mean that selling liquor beyond prescribed legal hours: 2 AM.

Nothing like a green tea at 3.30am! 😉

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Now that is a stupid law, allow to stay open but no alcohol, so what the point here and who are the Brainiac  that came up with this idea? I tell you, sometimes i see how the government comes up with new rules that defies common sense and logic...

You need to be careful with what you ask for as you just might get it. The industry asked to extend the open hours in tourist areas and that's exactly what they got. Hahahaha. 

3 hours ago, Dan O said:

Excellent Thai execution of a policy change. Opps I guess no one thought to ask about alcohol service when discussing extending the hours of operation in entertainment venues

It's similar to the 10k per person policy.

We give everybody 10,000 THB, free! And then: But where will the money come from. Maybe we should also think about that part, maybe. 

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's similar to the 10k per person policy.

We give everybody 10,000 THB, free! And then: But where will the money come from. Maybe we should also think about that part, maybe. 

Also like the weed deregulation. Deregulate it for medical use but opps forgot to write the laws for controling non medical use. TIT

Edited by Dan O
Soelling
  • Like 1

The government keep changing laws for personal profit without thinking long term. Cannabis laws a perfect example. Now bars can open untl 4.0 am in some areas but can  not sell beer after 2.0 a m. Dumber and Dumber. Will they ever learn?? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

it does not mean that selling liquor beyond prescribed legal hours: 2 AM.

I think Pattaya News needed some readers and wrote a clickbait article.

Since when are legal liquor selling hours till 2am anyway? Legal hours are from 11am till 2pm and 5pm till midnight.

So how do bars now sell liquor outside those hours?

• Like 1